Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

How much did it cost to put on a body lift?

For my 1996 Sport they charged me an even $500.00 for parts and labor. PA 3" body lift. That included relocating the bumpers, and everything.
  2. P

Bjorn - 1999 Sport - El Paso, TX

Am I the only one crazy enought to have installed a front mounted video Screen with a 7" overhead screen for the rear passengers? With all those Mods listed I was surprised to see no video stuff, how come?
  3. P

Rear panels, Dynamat install on plastic or metal?

I used 100 Sq Feet of Fatmatt and did my whole Explorer. Dead Link Removed
  4. P

Step Bar Removal

If you decide to sell them let me know.
  5. P

Holy Wind noise Batman!

So I am getting ready to drive to Arizona for ThanksGiving and I decide to take off my Conferr Roof rack. I cant fit my Explorer in my garage with it on, so it's off for the winter. On my way to work this morning I noticed a HUGE difference in wind noise without the rack. My Explorer is a ton...
  6. P

yet another alternative to Dynamat

DocVijay How hard was it to remove the quarter panels in your Sport? Also are you going to do the headliner? I used FatMatt Dead Link Removed on my sport but didnt do behind the rear panels because it really looked like a pain in the butt. Also I didnt do above the headliner.
  7. P

gps

I have been looking for one that does that to, I cant find any handheld unit that hooks up to a screen. ANyone else?
  8. P

yet another alternative to Dynamat

What about Fatmatt, I used it on my whole explorer. It is tons cheaper than dynomatt and works great.
  9. P

Mobile Video

Video Here are some pictures of my set up. I ran my power wire from the screen to the Battery and the ground to a screw under the center console. As for audio I ran a JVC Cable from my headunit to my DVD player. So when I want to listen to my DVD I either hit the CD Changer button on my...
  10. P

Sarfari rack with lights, will I still fit in the garage?

I have a 7 foot garage to, I have a 3" PA Body lift with a Torsion Bar twist and 32" Tires. With that set up I could fit in my Garage , when I added the safari rack I was to tall by about 1". So now that it's getting cold I'm going to take my rack off so I can fit in the garage. My wife was...
  11. P

Lcd and other required electronics...

All right man, first off that screen is a rip off. You can grab a better one with a headrest shroud and video out for cheaper. So what you need is the 2 sunvisor screens and 2 headrest screens, a Video Spliter/amp, and a FM Modulator. If you want to have the best sound you can buy a...
  12. P

DVD/LCD Screen.Has anyone tried this??

EXPO 5.0 You thinking about somthing like this?
  13. P

Headliner

Bump
  14. P

Utah Fall Colors Run

Nitrous SSC Bountiful B? Where is that? I may need directions. Also how hard of a run are we going on? Do I need a CB?
  15. P

Utah Fall Colors Run

I'm good to go, I know some great places down south around Payson.
  16. P

Ok..I need some help here...with mobile video

There are no RCA Connectors to the back of your headunit. You need to Cabel that plugs into your Deck and ends in RCA plugs.
  17. P

Have the cable You may find this hard to believe....but I have the Cable. I bought the wrong one and they wouldnt let me return it. I paid $50.00 for it, make me an offer? Pete
  18. P

Ok, First if your Pioneer headunit has a CD Changer control feature you can buy a cabel that ends in RCA Cables to hook up to your PS2 or DVD Player or whatever. As far as the video cable to the rear screen you can run a Y cable to split the signal, you may need to by a box that splits the...
  19. P

went to ford dealer this morning...

Dealers License I have my Dealers License, anyone around Utah want one of those drop me a email. I go to the auction for my friends and give them the cars at auction prices. Pete
  20. P

Post all your in dash TV pics

Here is mine
  21. P

little tv's for cheap?

Mine I just cut out the pockets and made the hole big enough to fit my screen. Then I secured the Headrest mount into the hole, used Bondo to smooth it into the plastic and painted it black. I have a mobile DVD Player hooked up to my Stereo system so I use mine for MP3's and the Passanger can...
  22. P

little tv's for cheap?

Try this..... This is my set up.....easy to do and looks great.
  23. P

Moble Screens??

My screen I installed a screen in the front for my explorer, install was really easy.
  24. P

video screen in console?

Here is mine
Back