Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

1997 mercury mountaineer pvc tube recall

I went down to the dealership to get the brake fluid recall fixed and he said there was a pcv tube safety recall. He said they will inspect it but not sure if they will change it. Has anyone else had this recall? How should I inspect it?
  2. 1

97 gt40p 5.0L P0402

thanks I found it was right in front of my face. I just replaced the steel egr tube last year. Ill take the hoses off and check out those.
  3. 1

97 gt40p 5.0L P0402

I have p0402 keeps poping up on my 97 mercury mountaineer it has the steel egr tube running from the passenger manifold to the egr valve. The truck sat for a year and didnt have this code before it was parked. I tryed looking everywhere for pics of where the dpfe on the 97 gt40p motor.
  4. 1

Headers and exhaust for 97 mountaineer 5.0l

I do have the gt40 head I checked and it only has 3 lines on the head. will mustang headers fit if I have the exhaust redone from headers back?
  5. 1

I think my truck has the cast iron heads, that would make them the gt40 not the p heads right? Also does anyone have part numbers for the ranger headers that fit?
  6. 1

1st to 2nd hard shift in 97 mountaineer

I have a 97 mountianeer made 10/96 it has 150,880 miles on it. Since i bought it with 130,00 miles it has shifted hard from 1-2 others shift fine. I read about the accumulator valve spring. I called the local transmission shops and they said it would be $200 just to change the spring and fluid...
  7. 1

you can find headers for the 4.0l all day on the net, but I cant find bbk, jba, or any other headers for the 5.0l explorer.
  8. 1

I have been searching all over the net for headers. I dont need $700 headers, im looking for something around $100-200. Exhaust, I was wondering if anyone has any pics of how there exhaust is ran? I thought about having it come out in front or right behind each back tire. I just dont know how...
  9. 1

Wtb 97 mercury mountaineer parts seat belt release, wheel center cap, and grille

Im looking for parts for my 97 mercury mountaineer I need the seat belt release for the driver seat. I tryed one from a explorer sport and it doesnt fit the seat belt. also need a wheel center cap for the 91 stock mounty wheel and Im looking for a grille.
  10. 1

wtb: headers for 97 mountianeer 302 or trade 4.0l sohc timming it for it new in box

Im looking for a set of headers for my 97 mountaineer 5.0l. I will pay cash or trade timming chain kit new in box for 4.0l sohc
  11. 1

96 explorer e.b. no fwd.

On my friends truck we cleaned the connector going to the transfer case and it started working again.
  12. 1

Driver Window Hard to Go Down

I have the same problem, if you find something to lube the rubber seal please let me know.
  13. 1

Wheel Bearing Replacement Yet Again

Ive used autozone hubs on a full size dodge and they would only hold up 2-3 months.
  14. 1

door won't lock

On my sisters truck it done the same thing, try looking for a bent rod. We changed the parts out from a parts truck and now it works fine
  15. 1

Window removal

How do i remove the little pop out 1/4 window on explorer sport and the door windows?
  16. 1

4.0l sohc missing water pump bolts and dipstick

I have a 98 explorer 4.0l sohc missing water pump bolts and dipstick. I bought the truck from my sister after someone started and didnt finish the timming chain job. I got it all back together and im missing parts. where can i find them.
  17. 1

sohc to ohv

I have a 98 explorer sohc and as you can guess the timing chain is mest up. Where can I get a replacement engine for under $2000? I would like to put in a ohv just for the single timing chain. Is it a direct replacement?
  18. 1

dvd indash screen and dvd deck

I bought a pyle dvd head unit and a indash dvd screen. The problem is theres only enough room for one of them where the factory radio went. I cant figure out where to install the head unit.
  19. 1

Rough Idle Problem and shifting hard into 2nd!

Well last night it threw another code po171. The truck also feels like it doesnt have any power. I cleaned the iac and still no diffrence.
  20. 1

Rough Idle Problem and shifting hard into 2nd!

Hi, Ive been trying to fix my rough idle problem. It idles at alittle over 1 grand during warm up. Then goes down to around 500rpm or sometimes alittle lower when in gear. It shifts hard into 2nd gear. Ive checked the fluid after warmed up and it is on middle of hot on the dip stick. I...
  21. 1

1991 ranger 2.3l sohc 5 speed

Is this the timing mark for the 2.3l cam
  22. 1

1991 ranger 2.3l sohc 5 speed

I just replaced the head on my 91 ranger. I cant get the timming right. I see the notch on the crank pulley and can line it up tdc. But im missing the part on the cover that you line the camshaft pulley too. can anyone help I need to get to work.
  23. 1

4x4 locking mechanism

My friend has 4x4 navajo, His dad took out the locking mechanism for the 4 wheel drive about 2 years ago. He lost it and we want to get the 4 wheel drive going again. Does anyone make this part? also how hard is it to install?
  24. 1

Camshaft Position Sensor

I have a few questions, would this cause it to feel like the engine is missing? Also would this cause the fuel economy to be bad? It also idles low.
  25. 1

Temp sensor

I solved the problem thanks
Back