Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

I dont know what u call these light in the US

It might be cool but I'm pretty sure that it's illegal over there. And i remember that the swiss cops are not the easiest... Anyway you're up to some serious re-wiring, probably replacing the blinkers housings with some US ones to be able to fit the correct bulbs... Don't have time to...
  2. D

strange noise when in neutral

Automatic or 5 speed tranny?
  3. D

bobbed bed ranger

Looks great, I love it !! I guess you had to shorten the frame too. How much did you cut and how hard was it to relocate the bumper mounts?
  4. D

How much money have put in your Explorer?

More than it's worth....
  5. D

3.55 gears and Dana 28??

3.55 here with 31's and 5 speed tranny...I like it. Just need a locker or a LS. How is 3.55 with 33's? Do you have auto or manual?
  6. D

Running 31's on stock suspension

Yep, 31x10.5 Dunlop Mud Rovers on stock rims at stock height... Look at the axle code inside the driver's door... Then use the search button, look for axle codes..Always try a search before posting a question.. All the answers are already there, just need to dig a little bit...;)
  7. D

Running 31's on stock suspension

Done that..No problem if you have gears higher than 3.27.. Maybe a little rub on the anti sway bar at full lock but no big deal... [/url]
  8. D

How to Keep my A4LD Alive

Install a tranny filter... Dead Link Removed Or try a search under tansmission filter...
  9. D

my girlfiriends speedometer

Re: loud then quiet?? Yeah, a really stupid one...Could it be the A/C clutch? You cannot hear it at high RPM but at idle it would be loud then quiet as the A/C cycles.... Mine does that and I'm waiting for the clutch to die to replace the compressor.
  10. D

parking brake whoops!!

Well, if the X didn't move at all that's not the e-brake that you burned... That smell was your clutch !
  11. D

How come we cant get this one???

Kontol Trak, you like to argue even when you don't know the subject don't you? I said VW HAD to come out...So it was back in '97 or '98. At that time the GTI had 110 HP and the 1.9 TDI also had 110 HP but more torque at lower RPM so it was faster...;)
  12. D

How come we cant get this one???

Sorry but it's not true. I'm french and I like diesels for all the reasons already mentioned. More reliables, more torque, cleaner, safer (you can throw a match in a puddle of diesel and it won't catch on fire!).... Now that I live here I wouldn't mind paying more to have a diesel in my X...
  13. D

Rear axle swap?

Oh well, TarHeel just types faster than me...LOL
  14. D

Rear axle swap?

I know Dannyboy did it not so long ago, he didn't replace the master cylinder and really likes it. I don't remember about the ABS but the easier would be to ask him directly... ;)
  15. D

my 91 lifted 4x4 looking for fun with others

Welcome aboard.. Check out www.flexplorers.com to learn more about us.. And Dannyboy is just trying to scare you, we have all types of rigs from mild to wild. I only have 2" of lift and 31's on mine and I have fun too..
  16. D

Alignment with 5.5" lift won't stick...

You're not that far from the truth.. We're still trying to figure that out!!:D There wasn't any rocks on that run.. BTW I know that he still had the third member Sat morning...
  17. D

PICTURES: my 92' xlt, 32x11.50 AT KOs

Alignment and camber bushings -$150
  18. D

No big deal...;)
  19. D

Yes, the sky is more a 2" lift <I have one>. And the flex is normal. all the explorers do that, even more when you add a body lift... BTW Boats did you get my PM about the drop brackets? You did not reply but I guess that's because you gave up w/ that idea...
  20. D

Good 4"-5.5" kit for '92 XLT 4x4 Exp?

:D Mike has been faster than me on this one...
  21. D

Good 4"-5.5" kit for '92 XLT 4x4 Exp?

If you wanna stay w/ 31's on stock rims don't go higher than 2". Otherwise it's gonna look.....funny. James Duff makes a good 2.5"but it's a little pricey, skyjacker makes a good 2" that provides really good handling. The problem is none of 'em comes w/ everything. It's gonna be up to you...
  22. D

Rear seat strength and construction

Paint it red and pretend it's a fire extinguisher! :D
  23. D

Installing 2 light sets

Both [86] to the ground and you're all set... Good luck with the installation. :hammer:
  24. D

2" Skyjacker consists of what??

I bought mine used but I think you should get a pair of longer coils for the front and a add a leaf kit for the rear. The price should be around 170~180$. You'll need also to replace the camber bushings and get an alignment. I paid 140$ for it (including bushings). I run 31.10.5 on stock...
  25. D

Anti-freeze on the floor.. cant see where the leak is coming from

I replaced my water pump last week and now the intake manifold gasket is leaking too :fire: How much did it cost? Did you have to take the head covers off? How long did he take you? By the way the pump was only 35$ and took 2 hours to replace. Really easy on a '91...
Back