Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

94 Ex wierd engine noise

Alright I will check there and see what I can find
  2. L

94 Ex wierd engine noise

Hey guys, I am back driving the 94 Explorer again. I noticed when it is colder outside i get a loud hiss/whine type noise coming from the engine when I am over 5o-60km/hr. When I slow down it goes away, speed up it comes back. Ive looked around but I cannot get it to make the noise at idle or...
  3. L

Off Road Shops in Alberta

there is also TOnka Offroad in the southside of Edmonton, they give great deals on tires
  4. L

Three Questions about Transmission(S)

im not sure if it is the same out there, but Ford here recomends 2 years or 48,000km for the tranny, but we fall under sever driving conditions out here so i dont know if it is that way there or not. And 96,000km on the transfer case.
  5. L

Best way to debadge?

when i was still detailing we used the pressure washer to feel off the badge itself, and then a glue remover to remove the goo. if you guys got GooBgone down south that stuff works great and does no damage to the paint
  6. L

2005 F-150 lifts...anyone have one before?

nice site, thanks for the link
  7. L

iu am not going body lift. how hard was it to install? i probly wont do it myself because the shop i am going to offers warranty. i havnt done any research into rancho at all. i will look it up and see if their design differs from the other two
  8. L

i thought about them but OMG they are expensive. The shock outside the frame will help with stability. I'm not sure why you're worried about flex when you're setting it up for prerunner style either. Also those brands aren't the best for prerunning anyways. i am going to set it up...
  9. L

I bought a 05 F150 in December as my old peice of crap died on the highway, and i want to lift it. I have researched it and will probly go with Pro COmp or Skyjacker. I am curiour though, has anyone put a lift on these yet and experianced it. Only reason I ask is because of the rear shock...
  10. L

4x4 swap on a gmc

yeah, i was thinking the same thing about going SAS over that ifs crap, mabye ill keep it 2wd and go prerunner style. get a fabtech lift with lots of travel and throw a locker in the rear
  11. L

bit chilly outside eh?

haha, those are awesome
  12. L

tire in calgary

how are they in snow and ice, i need new tires and go to red deer every weekend so i may be interested in those. they will fit my truck perfectly. hit my email up. ds5656@hotmail.com
  13. L

Power Steering Fluid Recommended and Best Flush Methods

if you are willing to pay for it alot of lube shops have a power steering fluid flush machine that takes like 10 mins
  14. L

4x4 swap on a gmc

no i dont expect anyone to really be able to tell me the best way to do this seeing as this is an explorer forum, but the gm forums blow so i will try anyuways. my mom now drives my explorer and i am currently running an 89 gmc c-1500. it is 2wd and i am wanting to convert it to 4x4. is it...
  15. L

Tranny Additive vs Synthetic

jesus thats expensive...we do a full synthetic trans flush for 279 canadian. look elsewhere cause ur getting ripped off. as for the additives, we use them when we do flushes simple because they do help alot with rough shifting and the ones we carry also have a stop leak built in to it. you...
  16. L

baileys on the oil fill cap..what's causing it?

new dodges have a big problem with that as well. they tend to get alot of whitew foamy crap under the cap. i dont know what causes it but it sells lots of engine flushes
  17. L

Seafoam Dilemma

also have to agree with this. the cummins diesel also reccomends a 5/40 synthetic oil from the factory. VW deisel require the 5/40 as well. i am all for the synthetic, i am just too cheap to pay for it with 400k on my engine. rear end is syn though
  18. L

Seafoam Dilemma

I manage a lube shop and we have people do engine flushes everyday and i never heard of engine knocking from them. or from synthetic oil for that matter. wonder why that happens. and what is this seafoam, ive never heard opf it before
  19. L

Chevy 350 for towing

my current vehicle is an 89 GMC with a 350 and you will have plenty of power. they are really cheap and easy to repair and rebuild as well. mine is FI but I am sure carb will give you just as much if nto more power than i Have
  20. L

Edmonton area meet and greet?

i dont like people
  21. L

Alberta folk..... where ya be?

pfft...-40 this year wont happen...haha. i think this week has been the coldest it has been all winter, in edmonton anyways...not sure about cow town
  22. L

Alberta folk..... where ya be?

canada eh!!
  23. L

Suprise, suprise, more tranny woes...

sure did. and where would i find the tranny pressure gauge?
  24. L

Suprise, suprise, more tranny woes...

I finally put a rebuilt transmission into the "X" this last weekend but after a few hours of driving it revs up to almot 2500rpm before it shifts into any gear after it leave the previous gear. Is this a bad rebuild or could it be another problem??? I was so happy to take it off of the...
  25. L

i got bored

you got some skills man, looks awesome. btw is that someones face over the passenger airbag or did u paint that on there? it looks spooky
Back