Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Rust to Riches, Blue's 98 Ranger

Dang man, I don't think i'd have the patience to do all that!! Keep it going!!
  2. J

motor mount/tranny question

I'm pretty sure it's just the two motor mounts and the Trans mount..
  3. J

Newby

Welcome!
  4. J

Differences in frame width between a 1997 and 2001?

Also those headers don't work with gt40-p heads. So if you plan on pulling a 5.0 from a 2nd gen explorer/mountaineer they're not going to work anyway..
  5. J

Lift for 2000 Mountaineer

Search bra. This has been done many times..
  6. J

Lift kits

A body lift and/or strut spacers are you're only things you can really do with 3rd gens.
  7. J

body lift or strut spacers?

I've been running the same size tire with truxx spacers on my 02 Mountaineer for awhile now with no problems.
  8. J

Legit 5.0 Water Pump Bolts

Your good. I don't recall anything being bolted to the waterpump. Think the threaded ends may hold wires in place with little clips or somming. Mine may have long ago. I've had the motor out so many times I can't remember.
  9. J

Legit 5.0 Water Pump Bolts

94/95 mustang ones are the same length. I have some I got off eBay since mine were all rusty. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=161024210857&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=68565069483
  10. J

Headunit Install HELP!!

Don't need that 2nd plug. Yellow I think is a mute wire possibly. And the other one is a vehicle speed sense wire. Some factory radios had a feature that would allow them to get louder as vehicle speed increases. Shouldn't need either one.
  11. J

swaying in the rear.

Some in/out play on the rear wheels is normal(about 1/8 inch) due to the c clips on the axle shafts.
  12. J

Timken wheel hubs?

Axle nut not torqued correctly..? I don't belive they came with timkens from the factory.
  13. J

Hello from france

Welcome!
  14. J

Another Mazda 5spd Trans issue...

Slave cylinder in the trans freezing up..???
  15. J

Power steering line size...?

Alright I will check it out. Thanks, where did you get the fittings... Summit... Jegs.?
  16. J

Low Speed Turning with AWD

May be your transfercase.. There's a vicous clutch which can freeze up and cause binding and problems turning.
  17. J

Power steering line size...?

Anyone know what size the line in on the high pressure side for the steering pump on a 2nd gen v8.. I'm trying to use -6 an lines to replace the stock. I have one for the rack, just can't figure out the pump. Anyone done this...?
  18. J

M50D extension housing

Yep 4wd trans output shaft is longer.
  19. J

FYI: A/C Delete Belt Length: 83"

What engine is this for... ? im thinking of doing this on my 99 5.0.
  20. J

Premium fuel??

you may not notice any difference in running a higher octane fuel. If you were high compression or had some sort of power adder you would need to to prevent detonation. For our stock motor though..? I'm just saying.....
  21. J

tranny mount

When I swapped my auto for a 5spd in my 99 I used the same mount. It fit perfect, So you should be ok.
  22. J

Ford & Toyota will work together on producing hybrid trucks.

This is pretty cool. Never saw a partnership like that comming.
  23. J

Getting ready to replace the brake booster questions

I'm pretty sure I did this awhile back. The lines have some play in them. Just take care not to bend them too much
  24. J

torque monster headers

I ordered headers back in Feb and havnt recived them. I was in contact with him until a few months ago. Havnt heard from him since... I pretty much cut my losses.. im sorry to hear.. I still hope to come home and see a torque monster header box on my door step but im not holding my breath...
  25. J

jvc double din install

There's no speakers in the rear hatch. You may have a factory sub in the rear passenger side compartment however.
Back