Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

pitman arm puller - don't have one

Canadian Tire will loan you the tool that you need.
  2. D

broken shock mount

Same thing happened to me on the one side. I managed to get the drivers side off okay with a lot of heat. Since I can't find the proper mount I'll use a bolt and nut like Jason94sport. Thanks for all the tips on how to do it! doug
  3. D

Need Help! Exhaust + Fuel Line issue!

It does look like it was done by a torch. If you look at the shock absober there is no evidence on a lot of heat. Why don't you go for a drive and then check to see what the temperature of the line is? doug
  4. D

My 99xlt coolant only 180 Degrees..low MPG?

Just put a new one in my 94 on friday..big difference in the heat output of the heater but what a job! Had to take off or move about 5 different parts. Also the truck does run better now but havn't gone far enough to see if there is any difference in the milage
  5. D

My truck overheated and I dont know why.

[. The plugs were black from the motor trying to cool the cylinders by dumping more fuel in them. Never heard of that happening. In fact I don't think thats possible. If anything it would make the engine run hotter as your putting more fuel in the cylinders to be burnt. It'd be like pouring...
  6. D

block heaters

Easier to get a peel and stick one and put it on the oil pan. Just make sure to clean the pan real good where you are going to place it.
  7. D

My 99 explorer is gone

I have a friend who had a bad accident with his Explorer. He figures the only reason he survived it is because of the Explorer. He went right out and got another one also.
  8. D

Front clunk noise

If its clunking it'll have to be replaced. There's info on this message board on how to do it. Doug
  9. D

Manual Hubs?? Solution??

shift motor You'll still have to get the shift motor to work. The hubs just allow the wheels to be locked when you put it in 4X4. I tried to fix my shift motor but it would only work for a short time before quitting. I ended up buying a new one. doug246
  10. D

Window Motor Replacement

Doh...... LOL ...sorry about that...I was scanning through all ofthe post quickly and misread yours. Doug
  11. D

Window Motor Replacement

windshield wiper motor You don't need any special tools to do it but it is a awkward thing to replace. They hardest part for me was the little screws that hold the access panels in place. I think they are about a 6mm socket. Also make sure that you get the arm on the motor that moves the...
  12. D

Full tank Gas Mileage

milage My truck is used mostly for highway milage. If it was only for the city, I wouldn't need a Explorer! :can:
  13. D

Full tank Gas Mileage

I usually get between 450-500 k's out of a tank of gas. It depends on the weather, how much time I spend in 4x4 and letting it warm up on the cold days. Doug
  14. D

Poll: do you leave your hubs locked in thru the winter?

won't let me vote. I have had them locked for about three weeks now. the weather's been so bad that you never know when you will need 4X4.
  15. D

inside lights and power seats

My interior lights won't work when the doors are open. They used to work when any door was open including the hatch but no nothing. However I can turn them on with the headlight switch then they all light up. Also my power seats won't work. I don't know if the two are connected or not. I've...
  16. D

EGR Valve pipe HELP!!

egr tube The only place that I found that has them is Ford. I paid about $100.00 Canadian. That was for the 94 4L. Not a lot of fun to change either. Doug
  17. D

Manual Hubs

Changed my hubs to manual last week. Very easy to do. I was worried about getting the original bearing nut off but it spun off very easily. Took me about a hour to do the whole thing including cleaning and repacking bearings. The only thing I would do different is to have two inner bearing seals...
  18. D

manual hubs

I thought about doing that but then if there was any problems with the hubs and I had to return them, I would be without my truck for a lot longer. Plus with the conversion to U.S. bucks, shipping and maybe even duty I don't think it would of be worth the hassle.
  19. D

manual hubs

To all those in the Toronto area that want to convert to manual hubs. The best price I found was at Medowvale Ford in Mississauga. $279.00 for everything. Hubs and conversion kit. Ask for Mike at the parts counter. I'm going change over next week so I'll let you know how it went. Doug Gage 94 xlt
  20. D

Rebuilt Transmission did I pay too much??

cost of tranny I paid almost $3000.00 for my tranny at a ford dealership. $1400.00 of that was for the tranny itself and the rest was for labor, fluid, tranny cooler, taxs,ect. 94 xlt 200,000k's when it went Doug
  21. D

Who's stock tranny has outlasted mine??

Transmission I was reading the posts of how everyone transmission was going. Mine was at 200k and still woking good, when I took it for a trip to Maryland. I got to Dillsburg PA. The front seal of the tranny let go and by the time I realized it, it was two late. I had it replaced at the Ford...
Back