Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. mcpherson

How to: 2nd Gen Ford Explorer HID Projector Retrofit (FX-R)

I dont belive I have any cut off pictures. I will work on that and get some posted.
  2. mcpherson

Just becareful, its addictive. Once one car is done, you will want all your cars done! Currently underway retrofiting my 88' Wrangler now.
  3. mcpherson

P51's HID Headlight (Projector) and Fog Conversion (PICS)

Retrofit, its the only way to go! My build to give you an idea using FX-R projectors: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2825282&posted=1#post2825282
  4. mcpherson

I am probably up around to $550 for everything, not to count the endless trips for parts and such. Man hours... I have no clue, to many. But overall it was totally worth it!
  5. mcpherson

Maybe I misunderstood you. Are you referring to using the diamond style headlights with only HID bulbs or retrofitting the diamond style headlights with a Bi-xenon projectors?
  6. mcpherson

Those are similar to what I used in my retrofit, except I purchased mine off of ebay.
  7. mcpherson

mcpherson's YJ Build Thread

Also got around to removing the head form the YJ, and just as suspected the cylinders look pretty good: Was also able to have most of the wiring pulled to the side, 3 reasons for this is: remove old engine wiring clean oil off wires inspect all wires for cuts & bare wires
  8. mcpherson

More goodies arrived yesterday. Obviously this is a FlowKooler Water Pump, Model 1747: Fuel Pump Block-Off Plate: Dial Indicator (because each setup can be different in regards to Push-Rods, I purchased this to verify what will and will not work): Novak Shifter Assembly for...
  9. mcpherson

As you can tell, new & old head: Backside of the new heads water slots: Somewhat not organized 4.0 parts: Discovered this while detaping the the YJ's wiring harness. This will be replaced and the rest of the vehicle will be under close attention.
  10. mcpherson

I hear ya bud, decisions can be hard to make. Just flip a coin and stick with it. :thumbsup:
  11. mcpherson

I went back and forth on the thought of to keep or not to keep the Explorer, but I enjoy driving it so much. Plus I have some thoughts of what I would like to do with it down the road. As for you being lost I think the term "It's a jeep thing" covers it, but hey not to worry I am lost also with...
  12. mcpherson

Well, being that it was Easter weekend I only achieved a few hours to work on this. Some parts came in last weekend, one being the fuel pump so below is a picture of it. The other photos are of just of progress and misc. E2000 - Fuel Pump: Progress Pictures: 4.0 sidepiece of...
  13. mcpherson

3" Bodylift update, steering shaft issue

It has been awhile since I put my body lift on, but I recall having to take it down to someone and have it ground down to a flat edge on one side.
  14. mcpherson

Wire harness from the donor XJ: Yes, it really is that bad: The rear of the wrangler full of the XJ 4.0 engine parts
  15. mcpherson

Figured this would be just as good as anywhere to document my Jeep build thread. For as long as I could remember I have always wanted to own a Jeep (dont worry, the explorer still has some plans ahead of it and will not be going anywhere.) So after some searching I located a deal on a Jeep and...
  16. mcpherson

Finally some updated pictures with Philips 85122 bulbs and 55watt ballasts Camera: Canon Model: EOS REBEL T1i ISO: 1600 Exposure: 1/4 sec (Average) Aperture: 3.5 Focal Length: 18mm Flash Used: No Lows: Lows: Brights: Lows: Brights:
  17. mcpherson

Post pics of your Beam Shots (HIDs ONLY)

No, thank you. I have been needing to take these pictures. FX-R projectors Clear Chrome Headlight Housing's (Ebay) DDM Slim Ballast - 55W Philips 85122+ D2S Bulbs --- Camera: Canon Model: EOS REBEL T1i ISO: 1600 Exposure: 1/4 sec (Average) Aperture: 3.5 Focal Length: 18mm Flash Used: No...
  18. mcpherson

Post pics of your Beam Shots (HIDs ONLY)

FX-R projectors here also. I apologize as for the light output is a little blurry and I have since upgrade to Philips 85122+ D2S Bulbs and 55watt ballast.
  19. mcpherson

Lets see your Jeep's

Basically a stock 1988 Jeep Wrangler, well taken care of jeep sitting on 31's... recently purchased.
  20. mcpherson

Metal Company in the North Atlanta (GA) area?

I posted this on pirate, but figured might as well post here also. Looking for a metal company in the North Atlanta area that sales to the general public? Thanks in advance
  21. mcpherson

are these just bulb replacements for hi/lo hid?

You are correct, these are plug in play for your headlight housings but they will not produce the correct light pattern and will blind on coming drivers. If I am correct, p51 did a headlight retrofit to projectors, this is the only way to get the correct light pattern using HID bulbs without...
  22. mcpherson

Flex-a-Lite Black Magic Extreme 180 Install

I so wished I went this route instead of the way I did! Good luck with your install.
  23. mcpherson

99 Explorer - HID Headlights PROBLEM

Did you upgrade your wiring? Also, I noticed in the past that some ballast casings needed to be grounded out.
  24. mcpherson

Who here runs HID headlights????

All custom built by myself. Explorer Forum Build Thread HiDPlanet Forum Thread
Back