Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 3

How do I find parts !

So is it if my computer does not have Java installed and flash you cannot view details of a VIN on etis?
  2. 3

Explorer 2015 oem wheels on a 2002?

If this site is correct then the 2011 and up has a 63.3mm center bore size and mine is 70.5mm. This site also says the lugs are larger, I dont believe that. http://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/explorer/2015/ http://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/explorer/2002/ So I am out of luck fitting these...
  3. 3

aux input on 6cd changer?

So what did you guys use to go from say my razr maxx hd to this adapter? A 3.5mm stereo plug to 2 rca male connectors like here on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express-3-5mm-Stereo-Cable/dp/B0002KR1OG
  4. 3

mileage display not very bright

What do you mean its not out of a '02? Its in this ya goofball.
  5. 3

Dammit! Would have been nice if the year model was posted in here on these clusters.:mad: I tore all that out for nothing. Well here is how a '02 is made.
  6. 3

Thanks Denny for your post. I wished I had looked at those resistors when I had all that tore out the two times looking for a problem.
  7. 3

Questions on pulling 4.0 SOHC for timing chains

Were have you been dude?:D
  8. 3

Rear Lift Gate (upper one) Plastic broke in half

Ill be a SOB! :mad: I found out today that mine has cracked, and by luck found this thread. I wonder if washing mine yesterday had anything to do with it getting down to 17 last night?
  9. 3

02 EB 4x4 High?

So in effect when in 4x4 Auto its a all wheel drive when the rear slips. I didnt know this.
  10. 3

02 EB 4x4 High?

I have a 02 Eddie and after all these years of driving on dry pavement we finally got some snow last weekend. All this time I thought that when its in its default Auto 4x4 it was just pulling with the rear wheels. Well, I used 4x4 High the other day, worked fine, except for popping when...
  11. 3

Sunroof leaking!!!

My wife noticed a leak coming down around the passenger a pillar and now I have a leak coming thru the drivers side overhead console light! I gotta take time to investigate.
  12. 3

@#$% '03 Exploder Rear Ends

Im sure its covered here somewhere but was it determined what it is in the rear end that pops when you go from reverse to drive? Sounds like play in the splines.
  13. 3

05 explorer loud humming noise while driving

Jack up the front and see how hard it is to spin the wheels. Sounds like a bearing. I've been there. Bought a hub on Ebay and saved some bucks.
  14. 3

Fog Lamp Mod 2001 (1999-2001?) Explorer

Ok I was all set to do this on my '02 but there is no spade connector for pin 4 in my fuse box. Same relay though. Hum..............
  15. 3

problems with stock cd player

Stuck cd inside. I just this morning helped a guy with this problem and he brought his changer in and we took the top off. And sure enough, some dumb ass had put a home made cd into it with a vinyl label that had started to lift off. took a exacto blade and removed the label. Dealers...
  16. 3

Roaring Noise from front end

It was my left bearing. I jacked it up and I could hardly turn the wheel it was so bad. Bought a complete hub off Ebay and fixed it myself. Save a bunch.
  17. 3

Am I the only one who does this?

If you drive anything that the profits go out of the United States then Im not going to respect you on the road. I do not own imports and dont intend to buy any.
  18. 3

Fuel Range in Message Center jumps and drops randomly

My '02 Eddie does that so I have grown used to it. It also does it to the gas gauge. Sometimes it reads like that if I park on a hill. Right after I bought it I put 20 bucks of gas in it and the gauge didn't even move up and I thought damn, is it gonna take that much gas to move the needle...
  19. 3

dimming light on digital odometer

This has been covered in two other threads. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190700 http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138301
  20. 3

Explorer or Trailblazer?

My sister has a trail blazer and I personally dont like the bloated heavy look to it. Especially the runner boards. But I LOVE the soft ride it has. To me it rides like a van. But then I have owned 5 Lincoln Marks and a LS over the many years and my 02 Eddie is rough.
  21. 3

I need a new speedometer cluster for my 02

Theres a long thread on here somewhere about this. Seems like ours is a soldered in eeprom and you would need to take it to a dealer and have the replacement cluster re-programmed to show the difference in mileage. Had the same problem with a '89 T-Bird.
  22. 3

whistle sound

Hummm, will need to check that out. Mine does it everyday and after it goes into overdrive. It sounds like someone picking a spring. Defiantly somewhere behind the steering wheel. My guess was it is related to a vacuum line.
  23. 3

2002 Explorer front wheel bearing question

Well I thought you possibly could since there is bearings for sale to fit the hub. But after looking my old hub over real close it appears the factory has installed the bearings then used high pressure to press the steel of the hub around the bearings to keep them in place. Removal of the...
  24. 3

What happend to door security code!!

Have you tried taking the battery cable off for a while to see if it will reset?
  25. 3

What happend to door security code!!

Was you using the factory numbers or your own? It has probably defaulted back to the factory codes.
Back