Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

rear half axle separated

The same thing happened to me a little while back went changing the rear struts. If you didn't lose any needle pin bearings, you should be able to slide them back in place with ease and then reinstall the clamp. The part store was close when I worked on my truck so I used the same one. If one or...
  2. F

Parts store

Yes! Chez Parée is still around! I guess it was hard to forget :) Cheers!
  3. F

Parts store

Hi Brian, First of all, the ball joint I was referring to is the upper rear ball joint. The part I had was the K500109. This is the description on the Rockauto site: MOOG Part # K500109 incl. powdered-metal gusher bearing to allow grease to penetrate bearing surfaces; Greasable design...
  4. F

Parts store

I did the replacement of most things last weekend! I ended up buying a press kit to reinstall the ball joints! Great, more tools!!! I still need to change the rear upper ball joint driver side since the ball joint I had bought requires 17" wheels (not good since my winter tire are mounted on 16"...
  5. F

Front Strut Bolt Stuck

I'm experiencing the exact same problem... Front driver side strut :mad: I'll go try to heat it up some more and I was thinking to drill little holes in the actual bushing to spray some penetrating oil. The other side took a few seconds!
  6. F

Parts store

I found some comments on a forum about Prime Choice Parts... I'll just say that I will pay the difference to go with Moog parts for the ball joints... Don't feel like doing it all over again anytime soon. I'll let you know how the Strut Tek make out! Thanks you all for your comments :thumbsup:
  7. F

Parts store

Thanks for the tip on the Strut Tek! Since they don't have a listing for the rear outer lateral link, I will buy one from my local parts place that carry Moog. What is the reputation of Prime Choice parts for the front lower ball joints and rear upper ball joint? The price is very good...
  8. F

Wheel Bearing life

Help! Can't find that discount code...
  9. F

Parts store

Thanks for the replies! My truck is now at 165K miles. I was actually with the mechanics when they checked it. My front tires were really unevenly worn and had a little play in them.
  10. F

Wheel Bearing life

I changed all four of them at roughly the same mileage. I paid 200$ can each for the front ones. The rear can be pressed out. Unfortunately for me, they were seized... Another 200$ each for the rear assembly hubs.
  11. F

Parts store

Hi guys! Don't you just like it when you go to the garage to get an alignment and end up with a 1400$ estimate?!? I can't really say that I didn't see this coming since I never changed anything other than the oil, brakes and bearings... Now I need to change the front shocks, front lower ball...
  12. F

Solution for brake light problems!

Hi guys, I just recently fixed a brake light problem my 04 Explorer had. The other thing is that the cruise control didn't work either... The bulbs and fuses were fine but my brake light didn't work. The only solution I found in this forum was to replace the the brake switch which is attached...
  13. F

I have the well known Crapped out wheel bearing issues again!!!

I checked with my parts store for the front and rear bearings. Wow, 200$ each for the front and about 175$ each for the rear and they both come with the hub.:can: Apparently they are high quality German bearings... How much are they down in the States?
  14. F

I have the well known Crapped out wheel bearing issues again!!!

Is it a hard job to replace them? Mine are also pretty noisy...
  15. F

Tranny Probs.

It's all good! I found the thread and fixed the problem without changing the part. Thanks
  16. F

Tranny Probs.

Hi guys, I also have a 04 Explorer and I'm experiencing the same problem when I want to get the transmission in park from D or any forward gear. Did you find the info regarding this issue?
  17. F

5R55W Fluid Fill

It looks like it's not "going" but more likely coming from a new ATF source... This new fluid is pumped in the tranny.
  18. F

Transmission fluid/filter changed!

The more posts I read about transmission fluid change, the less I know which method is best... There is the pan & filter flush that leaves more than half the old fluid in and the hose hook up without changing the filter... So if I want to have full synthetic ATF and change the filter, I'm...
  19. F

Difference between 5R55E and 5R55S tranny's

Then I'm glad I got the "S"!!!
  20. F

Thanks for the tip Mike! :thumbsup:
  21. F

In this case, is it better to bring it to a garage and have them hook up the tranny to a machine? This way, the filter doesn't get changed... Unless you reflush through the drain plug, remove the pan etc...
  22. F

Is there a way to empty all the fluid?
Back