Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. stev0n

Explorer Forum License Plate Frames !!!

awesome JT glad to see you're on top of things, no matter how much of a pain it is.
  2. stev0n

so what's the good word? any luck gettin the hyundai's out and the explorers in?
  3. stev0n

Look What I Got!!!!

well a reputable wheel store here in town has a set of 4 for $100. They offer lifetime warranties and have been around since before I was born (22yrs.). That's why I was lookin for something a little cheaper.
  4. stev0n

Look What I Got!!!!

thanks for the link, but they're out of stock and a little too expensive for me. They're $200 for 4 i was looking for something about half that price.
  5. stev0n

Do you wear a seatbelt?

a helmet completely blocks your peripheral vision from above, below, and to the sides compared to not having one on. This isn't me raving, this is fact. Look at something out of the corner of your eye, then put a lid on and try to see it...You won't! The average person has a 200+ degree...
  6. stev0n

my g/f has a hyundai do i get a free one with the two "late" EF frames i ordered??? :)
  7. stev0n

Do you wear a seatbelt?

oh god! that's funny and sad about the showers at the same time! I like arnold as a politician - NOT as an actor (except for conan and the bear fight in hercules in NY) but I honestly woudln't think he would have the where-with-all to know how to operate a motorcycle...
  8. stev0n

89 Ranger - making keys from VIN?

that's sad...at the pontiac & nissan dealership i worked at, they went back over 20 years. I got a key there for my 1990 nissan for 5 bucks. I actually had to get a key made for my 1980 toyota truck (when my keys were stolen) from the yota dealership. that was 2003.
  9. stev0n

Do you wear a seatbelt?

now i firmly believe not wearing a lid is stupid - don't get me wrong. but my not wearing of my helmet is not going to affect anyone but me. if it somehow affected the safety of other drivers, then i can understand, but...it doesn't. it is no ones right, but mine to determine how safe i want...
  10. stev0n

"cheap" locking differentials

he wasn't sayin you were wrong, he was just saying he'd never heard of a 302 gm engine and thought maybe you mistyped it. you've gotta remember, the majority of people in the universe only think of the common 283, 305, 350, 400, 454, & 455 motors when they think of chevy or gm. actually you...
  11. stev0n

New ignition trouble code

alright...will do. but what i was trying to say was i didn't get the code 114 until the truck had been running for a long time, the CEL only came on at idle and went away as soon it the truck was in motion again. i haven't got the light at all so far today, tho.
  12. stev0n

Do you wear a seatbelt?

That's where I disagree and why i love living in ky. We live in America, not communist soviet russia & i don't believe it's anyone's place but mine to say whether i wear a helmet on my motorcycle or not. There should not be a law governing my choice of stupidity concerning the safety of my own...
  13. stev0n

it was KOEO test, i checked it after the truck had been running for about 45 minutes. the CEL didn't come on until it had been idling for about the last 15 minutes. i turned the truck off and checked it. the 112 was from CM. Both 114 & 112 led me to think the voltage was low because of the low...
  14. stev0n

alright i've got the cel again today, but it's only on sometimes at idle it's 112 & 114. so i'm guessing it's from the rough/low idle.
  15. stev0n

Do you wear a seatbelt?

i usually don't wear a seatbelt, but i do every once in a while (it's the law here - click it or ticket). i also don't own or wear a helmet when i'm riding (no helmet lw for motorycles here). Not being buckled up saved my life a few years back when i got thrown to the pass. side of the car is...
  16. stev0n

droped leaf spring shackels

you can try the autozone universal shackles. they are made for either 2" drop or 2" lift. they're $13. search for them there are a few different threads. I personally think they're great for the price.
  17. stev0n

i was talking about firebird rear ends - either an lt1 trans am or lt1 firebird formula. i'm not sure about the first and second gens, but the 3rd and 4th gen rear ends are pretty much the same and should interchange without a problem
  18. stev0n

no codes... not sure of the fuel pressure. once i'm in motion it runs fun it just idles rough when its parked or stopped in gear. gas mileage has gone up 3-4 mpg since the new maf
  19. stev0n

Extended Brake Line Question

that says its for a jeep...will it connect to explorer brake lines?
  20. stev0n

Extended Brake Line Question

I've searched for about an hour now and here's what I've come up with in regards to budget brake lines for a lifted gen1 explorer: 1. Some fullsize ford truck brake lines will work on the ex and give the extended length needed. (length is 6" question is what models trucks brake lines will...
  21. stev0n

ttt
  22. stev0n

flat black body paint?

you're gonna need a clear/top coat. if you leave it at just the base, it's gonna fade...in a matter of weeks/months... like nobody's business.
  23. stev0n

i second this idea. And if or when it does break try to find the rear end out of an lt1 f-body. I don't know how it is in maryland, but around here LT1 limited slip rear ends are a dime a dozen. A friend picked up 3 with 3.73's for somewhere between $250 & $300, i believe.
  24. stev0n

alright, i've put right at 40 miles on the truck since reseting the computer the other day. and i still have a rough idle to the point it stutters somewhat and acts like it wants to die sitting at stoplights, but doesn't.
  25. stev0n

alright, will do, thanks :)
Back