Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

I hate dealerships!!

Well, I finally finished this repair yesterday. I took me awhile because I kept finding other things that were wrong, and I really was only able to work on it on my days off. All in all, I replaced the door lock actuator, outside handle, inside handle, door panels plugs (since the guy at the...
  2. H

I hate dealerships!!

Well, I ordered a new inside door handle and new door lock actuator from http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/ for total of $101.20, including shipping. I know I could've probably found them cheaper on ebay, but I looked last night and didn't see any and did not feel like waiting. I'm still trying to...
  3. H

I hate dealerships!!

That's what I thought too. I swear I remember reading a thread on this site about someone ordering one that came color-keyed already. Where did you order yours from? A local Ford dealer? Or from a website?
  4. H

I hate dealerships!!

Yeah, I know how you feel. Like I mentioned above I live in an apartment too and it's stated in my lease that there is to be absolutely no vehicle maintenance done in the parking lot. That's one advantage of belonging to the fire dept I guess. Anytime I need to work on my Explorer I just pull it...
  5. H

I hate dealerships!!

Scumbags! Haha. Not to go off on another tangent here, but that's what I hate about us living in such a consumerism-based society. These businesses are all about how much profit they can make. How much they can nickel and dime (or in this case $50's and $100's haha) all us little people. They...
  6. H

I hate dealerships!!

Speaking of getting away with it... After discovering what they had done I was going to go back and b**ch them out but I decided not to for two reasons. 1. I didn't want to take the chance of getting arrested for disorderly conduct. Since I work for the police dept that probably wouldn't be good...
  7. H

I hate dealerships!!

So today I finally went to my local Ford dealership to have the cruise control wiring harness replaced that was part of a recall. Now I've known for a little while that the inside and outside door handles needed to be replaced on my driver's side door. It's been kind of tricky getting out of my...
  8. H

Rausch Creek May 3

This sucks! I've been reading through this thread. I want to go so badly but the Explorer isn't exactly running well. The transmission is starting to slip and sometimes clunks when downshifting from 2nd to 1st, plus there's something wrong with my exhaust in that it sounds like I have no muffler...
  9. H

Do you wear a seatbelt?

I always wear my seatbelt and I always make my passengers wear theirs. Being a volunteer firefighter, I've been to enough accidents to know better. In PA it's the law that everyone in the vehicle must be in a seat and have seatbelts fastened, no riding in the bed of a truck or in the cargo area...
  10. H

FLowmaster or Magnaflow

Alright Colin, I've been looking everywhere on Magnaflow's website and I can't find this one at all. Do you have a part number by chance? :p:
  11. H

FLowmaster or Magnaflow

I have the 4.0 SOHC and I've been looking into a new exhaust. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with some type of Magnaflow setup.
  12. H

Hello from Jumpervb in Va.

Welcome. Why is your name Jumper? Can you teleport from place to place like the guy from that recent movie? :p:
  13. H

Hello From PA!

Hello to a fellow Pennsylvanian. Why is everyone else on the Eastern side of the state? :(
  14. H

ordered new cai!!!!!

Well, you can't purchase a snorkel anywhere for an Explorer, no company manufactures them. You have to build one yourself. Most people do this by running PVC piping into the stock air filter box. But I was thinking that I could just as easily do that with the Volant air box and hopefully get a...
  15. H

How often do you get your oil changed?

I change mine every 3,000 miles and use conventional Castrol GTX oil.
  16. H

'94 X-Ploder S.A.S.

Eww, you busted ass? :fart: :p:
  17. H

Before at time of purchase 18"s now with 31's and stock bulletholes...

Looks much better without the "rims" in my opinion. I hate crome rims on trucks and SUV's. :fart:
  18. H

Cruise Control Bulbs Write Up

Thanks for doing this write-up as well as posting the link for the other one. I need to do this to my Explorer soon because my RSM/SET ACCEL/COAST buttons don't light up anymore, and I'm OCD so it bothers me. :rolleyes:
  19. H

ordered new cai!!!!!

Yeah, that's the same thing I was thinking. Plus, someday I want to put a snorkel on my Explorer and I think the Volant air box would be easy to modify for that.
  20. H

ordered new cai!!!!!

The only negative thing I've heard about the Volant CAI's is that they don't fit quite like they should. There are 2 reviews on this site that say so. Although I believe they were both on the SOHC engine and they were from a while ago, so hopefully the problem has been corrected. I hope so...
  21. H

2 cars maybe totaled.....

By the way, why is you username 1997green when your Explorer is red/marroon? :p:
  22. H

Trying to improve gas mileage

This whole gas situation sucks. I love my Explorer and I really don't wanna sell it, but with gas prices the way they are it's hard not to think about it. I'm trying to see if I can afford to get a 2nd vehicle, a little 4-banger to zip around in and reserve my Explorer for bad weather or...
  23. H

2 cars maybe totaled.....

Sucks that happened man. Been there, done that haha. I remember when I rearended a Dodge Colt with my '91 Explorer (young and stupid) and I pushed her trunk in about halfway, all the damage that was done to my Ex was a bent license plate frame. :) They hold up pretty well. As far as whether...
  24. H

should i buy or not? that is the question

I think they look kinda cool on SUV's, however I've never opted to get own for either of my Explorer's. If you do decide for sure to get one, I'd get the moonvisor one, whatever the one with the lights is called.
  25. H

ordered new cai!!!!!

Be sure to post a followup on how this CAI works out for you. I want to get one soon but I'm still debating whether I want the K&N or the Volant.
Back