Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Need some help! A double clunk and a bad vibe? No Low Beams, Back Door Locked shut!

I finally got my truck to pass NJ inspection but I have developed a loud clunk from the drive train. I can actually hear two clunks. First from the back, then towards the front. At the same time I have a really bad vibration that I was originally blaming on needing the tires balanced. I also...
  2. M

'94 Explorer XLT Fuel Relay problems

You can test the fuel pump by putting 12+ Vdc to the green/yellow wire off the Fuel pump relay (Mine is 1994 Eddie Bauer). You will hear the fuel pump if its working. Good luck. My stuck is in a no start condition. Similar issues. :(
  3. M

Best mileage Highway/city

1994 Eddie Bauer 307,000 miles. (Original engine and tranny) Best MPG - City 18, Hwy 23+
  4. M

North East PA run, Sept. 5-6?

Wake up! Wake up! Dan, Lynne and I are eating lunch at Turkey Hill and waiting for the posse. Hung over? Who? Me? :P
  5. M

Transmission fluid in vacuum line

You have a bad transmission modulator valve. Parts $20 Labor $100 Get-r-dun Good Luck!
  6. M

Time to go! Weeeeeeee, weeee, weeee, weeeeee! Pinwheels optional! :) [media=youtube]1TD_pSeNelU[/Youtube]
  7. M

Good Morning! I hope u guys arent too hungover from the food and drink. I am leaving here around 8:30 ETA 10:30 at Turkey Hill. Skunk! Thanks for the PM! Its going to be a great day! :Peace
  8. M

Help: Audio Problem

You are probably getting a short that shuts down the head units amp. Check the wires and wiring at the speakers and head unit. Another option is to use the fader and balance to find out which speaker is causing the problem.
  9. M

Me and Lynne are definately game for Sunday. Not so sure if she wants to camp, she wants(has) to work on Monday. Yes, a phone number or address to the house would be most helpful. (Private message) I would consider my self an intermediate and with a stock 2x4 instead of my Cherokee, I...
  10. M

This website is not user friendly

Whats he smoking??? I know its not seafoam... :smokinfro This site is the only reason my truck is still on the road with 307+K Miles! Better advice than any dealership! No complaints from me. I was led here from a google search, joined, and have been in then fray ever since! Kudos...
  11. M

Are Autolite better? I installed Bosch spark plugs. Now my MPG is definately down. :(

I have been tracking the mileage for many years... always 18-22 MPG. I have no CELs. I had a bad cannister purge selonoid thats been replaced, I was hoping that was the culprit. I have made 3 trips to and from ATLanta from NJ and have always gotten over 20 MPG. The only change has been the...
  12. M

If she really likes you, she will come...or is it go? Duct tape optional! :) Duct tape has many legal uses.... ;) Do you know where your duct tape is??? Ok, talked to GF and it peaked her interest..... Let the convincing begin! How many couples are going? (willingly) :frustrate I...
  13. M

Whats the total head count expected????? Trucks, Peeps?
  14. M

Hey guys, Mark from Atlanta/NJ here. Its only a 2 hour drive to Freeland from where I am at this weekend. If I can get the GF interested, I would love to do some light to medium trail riding with some other Exs. I have a 1994 Eddie Bauer so I dont expect to go muddin too deep, but some...
  15. M

Are Autolite better? I installed Bosch spark plugs. Now my MPG is definately down. :(

I did a tune up and installed Bosch Platinum+2 spark plugs in the fall. Since then my MPG has decreased by at least 10% I used to get over 20 MPG on the highway, now if I'm lucky, I get 17-18. What is your opinion on these dual ground plugs?? Has anyone else had a similar experience...
  16. M

Parts Crossover for 1993 XLT

There were some slight changes in the first gen under the hood, but imo any 1991-1994 parts should do. My local junkyard has at least 10 first gen Explorers in the yard. I had a similar incident and pulled a front bumper and a few other parts. Good Luck!
  17. M

94 explorer starting issues when hot

O2 sensors! :p: eace
  18. M

Electrical issues (can't start).

Remove the battery cables and clean the terminals and posts. If you still have a problem, jump it and replace the battery. Good Luck and welcome to the forum.
  19. M

any easy way to replace plug two and three?

Just get your hands dirty! Attack it from the top! Use a ladder, sit on the fender, whatever it takes. Shove your hand down there. Dont be shy just do it. Rotate the plug wire back and forth to loosen the wire from the plug. Use a pair of pliers if neccesary, then use a set of socket...
  20. M

Speakers cut out when the volume is turned up too high.

You can use the fader and balance to check for a bad speaker. :;):
  21. M

Speakers cut out when the volume is turned up too high.

You need to install an amp! Overworking the HU will cause it to self protect. Turn the bass down until you add some more power.
  22. M

1997 mountaineer no start issue relay good but doesn't click

On my 1994, I had a similar problem. The fuel pump relay was not getting power and I traced it to the Main power distribution box. The leads from the fuses under the hood get hot and melt over time. I had to refurbish the female slots to the FPR and the fuse that leads to it. Problem solved!
  23. M

94 explorer has no power whats so ever

If you think there is too much play in the Throttle cable: Try the throttle cable mod. Its as simple as adding a couple of zip ties to the cable attached to the gas pedal to shorten it. Good Luck! I hope this helps. :p eace...
  24. M

Starting issue; 94 Navajo

What codes do you have???
Back