Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

bodyKits

drift kit??? do they make a drift kit for 91-94 explorers,, and if so could someone please give me a url or some other info?? ppplleeaaasseeeee,, thanx!
  2. I

bbk throttle body

cool,, glad to hear ya got it figured out, anytime you make any intake mod's or anything that will change flow, ect.,, you'll need to reset the computer so it can ajust. Isaac
  3. I

bbk throttle body

sounds like,,, sounds like you just need to reset your computer,, unplug the negitive battery cable and let it set for about half an hour,, and hook it back up..
  4. I

bbk throttle body

got a dremel tool? simple take a dremel tool, with a small cutoff wheel attached and put "Slots" in the screaws, making them into "flat head" screaws,, then just use a large flathead to get them off,,. this has worked for me many times. and/or you can try a good set of fairly small vice...
  5. I

All Ford Nationals and Paragon run, (PA) May 2003!!

You can add my fiance and I as a maybe,, Not sure what rig to bring, i 92' explorer with alot of engine mods, but stock as far as suspension goes. Then theres my 84' Bronco2, which is heavaly moddifed, 11inchs of lift, solid 44 up front, ford 9 inch in rear, 302 bored .30 over edelbrock...
  6. I

does anyone know anything about mounting the eaton supercharger from a thunder bird,,

tinner,, the subject of this thread was to "mount a m-90 on a 4.0", not a 3.8.
  7. I

does anyone know anything about mounting the eaton supercharger from a thunder bird,,

thanx for responding you guys thanx for the help you guys,, and i do have my own shop,, i will be doing all work myself, and machine shop avalible. thanx for the info, are there any other parts out there that have been found to work? pullys,, serpentine belts,,, part numbers,, looking for an...
  8. I

im sorry i must not have been clear,, im looking for info on mounting the eaton unit (the m90) to a 4.0 liter. this is in regards to a custom deal here. thanx any if "anyone with info on this" is out there , i would be very thankfull. Thanx
  9. I

thanx,, thanx for the info but,, hassle or not im still looking for info to do it..... is there in deed a kit avalible to mount it?
  10. I

anyone know about a kit avalible to mount the supercharger from a thunderbird supercoupe 3.8 liter v6 (eaton blower) to a 4.0 liter? someone told me that summit has a kit to do this? i havnt called them yet but didnt come up with anything online,, anyone have any info on this? Thanx! Isaac
  11. I

WHo has done headers 91-94??

just to add to stevevb,, I agree with everything he said, I also have the Borla's on my 92' Explorer. I added them to the 94' long block I built and droped in. However I have a "tick" under Torqe load conditoins, due to a small leak. I had a problem with a striped hole on my passengers side...
  12. I

Small bubbles in tint

simple,,,,, you have simple had your tinting doen by someone who didnt know what they were doing. I do all my own tinting, and alot of tinting for other's, and i must say the Explorer's are so far about the easyest thing to do. i would look for somewhere else to get tint
  13. I

Savage Yard R&D (Before you buy an aftermarket Mass air,,)

Further Research, Testing, and anwsers to ?'s Hi again. In further testing and researching, this unit is found to be "Exstreamly" comparable to the unit's avalible on the market. To anwser the first ?,, Yes! this mod is using the stock sensor, However,, this unit is not only "Far Larger and...
  14. I

Please re-read the post,,,,, As stated,,, " The "Explorer" mass are "sensor" also bolts directly in" this mod is using the mass air unit or,, "the houseing"
  15. I

yes,, this is something you could do yourself,, depending on the avalibility of your local yards. if avalibility however is a problem for ya, let me know,, im now taking a count on how many people would be interested in these moddified for use with the explorer's im looking for a number of...
  16. I

Motor/trans mods to '91 XLT

A few idea's and correctoins.... First of all,, you can get bigger then a 5.0 liter in a 1st gen explorer,, (351), if i was going to do it,, i would probably build the motor simalure to how i have done my 94' 4.0 and then also add a vortech super charger and NOS. that would get you near that...
  17. I

not much,, if i did put them into stock and begin producing them for the explorer's,, they would be far cheaper then any aftermarket one, and far cheaper then you could buy one new. all depends on how big of an interest there would be, and also avalibilty, as of now, they would go for between...
  18. I

Hi Again. more Research for the weekend at the Yard. This Tread is on parts from a 97' Mercury Sable. I pulled a complete Mass Air meter from a 97 Sable, with a 3.0 liter 24valve v6. It is a plastic unit, very simalure to those found on the after market, it is extremly larger inside then...
  19. I

Salage Yard R&D (transfercase shift motors)

just to add,, this test has been found to work with 91-90 Explorer's.
  20. I

Salage Yard R&D (transfercase shift motors)

Hi Everyone, I have begun to do some weekend Research and Development on some things, i have a yard near by that i get most any parts for dirt cheap, and have been woring on a few things to use things "Other" then factory for our Explorer's. This thread is for the Transfercase Shift Motor...
  21. I

side veaw mirror,,

anyone? hello? anyone?
  22. I

Explorer shakes at 60mph

explorer ride. seems to be that the 60+ mph shake and the slight pull to the right is just the nature or Explorer's (or most) i own a 92,, always has pulled to the right,, i have done alot of things and changed alot of parts that have helped it,, but not completly gotten rid of it, and also...
  23. I

side veaw mirror,,

hey i have a 92 explorer,, need a drivers side power mirror, and was wondering if mirrors from like the 3rd gen (95 and up ect.) are the same,, they apear to be the same mirror,, anyone know for sure? maybe different wirering harrness? thanx Isaac
  24. I

necessary to pull engine to drop oil pan?

to add,,,,,, mrboyle How bad is the leak? Try cleaning the bottom of the engine (spray down w/ carb cleaner and wash off w/ pressure washer) then drive it a day or two and look for the leak. If it only appears to be leaking in a small location, reclean the aera and apply some RTV across the...
  25. I

My New Ride, and my explorer.

hey guys,, figured i would come and post the site addy of pics and stats of my new "primary" 4x4, the "more pics" link has a pic of it head to head with my 92 Explorer 4door 4x4 with 30/9.50's, to give you an idea of the size. the building up of my explorer has now stoped, the modded out 94'...
Back