Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

EPC Bosch Solenoid date code

For my 1999 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, 5r55E, 4x4. I just bought an EPC solenoid from a reputable seller on Ebay, but when it arrived the Ford part number had been ground off. They explained Bosch has a contract agreement with Ford that if they sell these to another vendor they must grind off...
  2. 9

Can anyone recommend an aftermarket PATS key programmer: 99 ford explorer

I'M IN LUCK!! I called my local dealer, & talked to the parts mgr. I told him I bought 2 keys off Ebay and needed one of them programmed with my original key so I'd have 2 masters... FREE key cutting and $29.95 +tax to program it. That is a heck of a lot cheaper than a locksmith would have...
  3. 9

I called 2 local locksmiths this morning and haven't had a reply call yet.
  4. 9

Now that I didn't think of. Will check on it. Thanks. I had a 1997 Explorer & went to Ohio 4 years ago on business. The first day I lost my one ignition key. I had another at home, but it didn't do me any good there. I called the ford dealer, and they cut me one from the VIN # I gave them over...
  5. 9

Thanks BLEE1099. Thought of it. I haven't priced it yet with a locksmith, but everything on the internet says it won't be cheap. The other issue like the local Ford Dealers not cutting & Programming keys..because we are in a rural area locksmiths may not do it either.
  6. 9

I am looking for an aftermarket PATS key programmer. We have one original PATS II key for both our 99 Ford Explorers. I know from reading on here and other sites that Mid-1998 & later Explorers you HAVE TO HAVE BOTH ORIGINAL KEYS. I called all the local Ford dealers, and they DO NOT program...
Back