Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Goodbye!

It has been great, this forum has been alot of help over the past two years and it felt like home to me. but now i must move on. Im the proud owner of a 1996 dodge ram 1500. I just want to say goodbye and thanks to all who have posted and helped me out with common questions and opinions on...
  2. A

Lights coming on all over

I own a 99 explorer xlt, a while ago the ABS light came on, then the airbag light comes on, and now today when i was leaving my buddies house i noticed that the theft light was on and blinking while i was driving. Are all of these things symptoms of a single problem? or am i just having bad...
  3. A

Removing/Stoping rust

I love my explorer to death, but the only thing that irritates me about it is the rust. I have a large patch on the bottom of the rear doors, both equal but the drivers side has made its way through the paint as in now an eye sore. I also have a large patch on the passenger rear quarter right on...
  4. A

airbag code 41

I recently removed the front bumper and passenger fender in order to fix a ben bumper bracket and remove some bends in the fender. I now have a 41 airbag code. the only open plugs in the front are the ones for my fog lamps. What else could be this cause?
  5. A

ABS problems

i fixed my charging problem, turns out it was the alt. And autozone was not able to pull ABS codes, and the light is still on. Damn!
  6. A

ABS problems

aight, thanks for the quick replies, i will go to autozone later today and have the battery checked and get some codes pulled
  7. A

ABS problems

i think you are thinking of the airbag light, that one blinks to give you a code. If my ABS light blinks i think i would be the only explorer who does. Now i also have another problem, this morning i got up and drove to the gym and on my way back i notice that my battery light was on and the...
  8. A

ABS problems

I went on a road trip with a few friends to colorado, doin about 85 the whole way there from illinois. On the last few hours of driving, my ABS light comes on. It has yet to go off and the other day i had a close call where if i had ABS would not have been so close. ANYTHING i can do to fix...
  9. A

Pics of Sub Boxes

New setup: FI BL 18 Power Acoustik 3000 D 6 FT^3 Box Monster RCA Cables
  10. A

Solved Ford Paint Colors

I can't seem to find my color. It says Ext. Pnt. and underneath it says WB, underneath that is says 112
  11. A

fi shipping times

The box was a bit larger than expected, but when i cut it open and saw the sub, i had to look it way to get a second glance. That is my hand in the middle of the sub. That is a CD on the dustcap of the sub. A picture of the bottom of the basket
  12. A

fi shipping times

I just got the sub, its a whole lot bigger than i imagined. Yeah, i have a "scrap" box that i built, nothing too fancy, just something to tide me over while i work on the real box i have planned out. How do i like the PA? Power Acoustik? I had the **** 12" and an 1800 watt 2 channel amp...
  13. A

fi shipping times

I'm powring it with a power acoustik OV1-3000D. And it didn't come today, WTF is a weather complication that i got a 2:30 PM yesterday? shouldn't still be delivered today if it was in chicago yesterday?
  14. A

fi shipping times

Well, the sub is scheduled for delivery today, and i just drove by the UPS guy who just pulled into my neighborhood, so hopefully it should be here within the hour.
  15. A

fi shipping times

Damn, i'm going out of town on the 30th, i hope it's here before it leave.
  16. A

fi shipping times

About how long doe it take to receive a FI subwoofer after ordering it from their site? I just ordered the BL 18 friday and am just curious when i can expect it.
  17. A

Passenger Control Adaptor?

i dont know the wire codes, but i'm sure if you know a little bit about electronics and soldering you can wire up the buttons to a dvd player and the headphone jacks to the audio out.
  18. A

box please???

i thought up a design for a box while i was in my calc class today. Left - Box with plates on Right - box without plates I'm going to build a main box which will set center in the back and be bolted to the floor. I will then cut some "face plates" that will attatch to the box via...
  19. A

box please???

I've thought about that before, but i want to be able to pop the hatch and say "yeah, i built that box" Plus, why spend 100+ dollars on a box a shop can build, where i can build one for 50 tops I don't know what the best demensions would be, maybe 6 ft^3, 2.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 ft? It says that...
  20. A

box please???

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=15482115583f23d/shopdata/0015_BL/product_overview.shopscript sorry, its the very bottom woofer
  21. A

box please???

Can someone please design a box for a Fi BL 18" woofer? I saw another thread on here a while ago and someone got someone else to design a box in an autocad program or something. It's going into a 99 Explorer XLT, i have 6 cell orbital marine battery in the back so i have about a foot less...
  22. A

finally have money but need one last decision

really? I've just known about Fi for a bit longer than i have AQ and figured since AQ wasnt as well known compared to Fi (in my mind) that the Fi had to be a bit better.
  23. A

gas mileage?

i've got a 99 XLT and get about 280 miles to the tank. Is that normal? anything i can replace/check out that will increase my mileage? I figured removing my sub might help a little and it did absolutely nothing.
  24. A

I'd like it to have clean bass, but at the same time be able to be used for some quick show off spl. By what i've seen both the Fi and the Audioque are pretty good for this.
  25. A

I finally have money, but need to make one last decision. I'm in between two different subs. A Fi BL 18 or Audioque HDC318 Give me your input, im leaning towards the Audioque just because it is about 40 or 50 bucks cheaper.
Back