Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

How about some pics of lowered Explorers!!

Best place on this site is the "lowered/street truck" portion of our forums where there's a Ton of pics, write-ups and lots of discussion, check it out: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48&order=desc
  2. S

Before and after:WHITEOUT

Much better. Good job.
  3. S

what is this?

I think it's for looks. You could easily make it functional.
  4. S

97 4dr OHV v6 into 96 2dr concerns

What information does anyone have concerning the returnless fuel system and PATS compatibility? Also, has anyone ever swapped a 4dr tank into the 2dr platform? Edit: The 2dr is a 99!! Can a mod please correct the title?
  5. S

projector headlamps

I keep hearing that, but I've been using them for under dash lighting for years, they've been in -50F weather... they've only broken when hit. Also, after my lil accident I tore into the remaining headlight... the leds are inside the tubes.. so it'll be a lil bit more work than plug n play...
  6. S

projector headlamps

Wait what? I have them here. What do you need exactly? Like diameter? They seem to be 4 1/4 wide??
  7. S

projector headlights on ebay. one piece

I've always run HID's in them. I wouldn't have it any other way. haha I've also noticed it seems the newer style projectors [same size halos] put down a better beam than the older ones? What's your opinion?
  8. S

Basically what I'm getting is the chrome ones, in the style Sarah has [halo's same size] with CCFL halo's. I was pretty excited to find out they started making them.
  9. S

Front end of my truck is getting replaced, headlights, grill, header panel.. so I'm debating on switching to the ccfl one's that come in the other style than you have. I keep reading about how ccfl is horrible, but I can see how it's brighter... I'm wondering about durability and lifetime.. I...
  10. S

projector headlamps

I would like to know about the durability of the ccfl's used in these? I got into a bit of an accident and have to replace everything... was thinking about going with the ccfl version of my lights that got destroyed. [newer version with same size halo's, with ccfl instead of led]
  11. S

How are people's ccfl halo's doing?
  12. S

Brake bleeding help after master cylinder

She just needs some luvin, I ain't done yet.
  13. S

Got the truck running and driving again. Bled the brakes but they feel like crap.. will have to go back out and do it again. Turns out rear pass line was blown, then I replaced that... then found the front driver's blown... ugh... and then I also found both bolts/sliders for the rear pass...
  14. S

Can you run me through this? What it seems is the only places there will be air is the very ends of the lines going into the master... the master itself is full, there might have been a few drips from the holes... uhh.. so which line do I disconnect to get the air out? I don't have any kind of...
  15. S

This is what I'm running into... I don't believe there's any air in anywhere except the ends of the lines that go into the master... along with maybe little bits of the ports for the master.... so... which port do I disconnect to cycle the fluid through?
  16. S

So where do I go from here? I replaced it with a used unit that was full. So I know there's air in the lines that connect to it.. what now?
  17. S

4R70W Lost Reverse..

Jon, my trans is getting junked.. or I might tear it down to learn a bit.. The transmission I got is Danny's old transmission, I'm going for a straight swap.
  18. S

4R70W Lost Reverse..

Come help me.. lol.. Yeah I don't really have anyone to help me.. I'm gonna have to figure this out somehow.
  19. S

4R70W Lost Reverse..

Okay so I have a replacement... I'm gonna need help with removal and install... I have no idea here... I know disconnect all the plugs, shift linkage... crossmember, tcase, n all that.. but actually removing it n getting it back in is gonna be a pain
  20. S

5.0 Exhaust Thread

Yeah what's that all about? ^^^
  21. S

Torque Monster Header (TMH) Gasket Replacement-Pointers needed

Looked them up, aside of their carbon composite line of gaskets.. they do look similar .. did yours have two layers for each gasket? I think I'll have some good luck with these as long as I make sure to torque them down properly. Throw out an update later on about your luck with them.
  22. S

Torque Monster Header (TMH) Gasket Replacement-Pointers needed

I don't have TMH, but last year I swapped my manifolds over to the 99+ cast iron ones due to a leak [surprise surprise.. actually the leak formed from too much pressure due to a clogged cat..] Anyways... leaks with crappy oem gaskets. I'm gonna tackle this job later this week, I was in a buddy's...
Back