Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 7

Ranger rear spring interchange help needed...

I went to the wrecking yard and found a set of Explorer rear springs and put them in my 91 4wd Ranger. Lifted it 3 inches.
  2. 7

2008 Ranger?

I picked up the last 07 Fx4 Level 2 that the dealer had. Love it. Full load except for amp on stereo. Leather,bed extender, torsen diff,31's,forged Alcoa rims,slider, Bilsteins,6 disc. Salesman said no more level 2's from Ford. That's a shame,it's pretty good offroad. Now all I have to do is...
  3. 7

Max payload?

On my 91,I installed rear springs out of an Explorer 4wd. Brought the box up 3 inches higher and even rode better. I did this because I haul a snowmobile in the bed and the headlights didn't shine on the road with the original springs.
  4. 7

Mileage/Year/Drive engine of your Ranger?

Just went down to the local dealer and picked up an 07 FX4 Level 2. It's now got 300 km on it. 4.0,5 speed auto,4.10 ,torsen diff,leather. Looks like my good old 91 has a buddy,now.
  5. 7

98 B-Series 4WD front end groan

This is true,but a bad wheel bearing will continue to make more noise the faster it turns.
  6. 7

Possibly could be a warped brake rotor, but if it is warped as it turns it would push the brake pads back into the caliper . You would have a slight mushy feel to the brake pedal when you first stepped on the pedal. You might have a sticking caliper, pushing the pad into the rotor. I know that...
  7. 7

If you have the two piece driveshaft, I've heard that the splined part of the shaft will rust. Possibly the groan is the shaft trying to move in and out. Some lube could be the fix. Good luck.
  8. 7

Tip on Getting a stuck Rotor off

Snap-on 3 Pound deadblow hammer,works well,no damage. Plus I like to hit things LOL.
  9. 7

Tachometer / Speedometer Problems:

Ran into a similar problem at the shop today. It was a cracked line in the printed curcuit. Tap the speedo, it would work. Tap again it would quit. Hope this helps.
  10. 7

Need help plzzz...Im a honda mechanic

Just a thought, if the t-belt is loose enough to jump teeth on the gears it can knock out the crank trigger on these models. You have to remove the timing cover. It's not a big job. The 3 timing marks are all in plain sight. Good luck.
  11. 7

Help with "Rear Antilock" Light

My ABS light comes on if the brake fluid level is low. Found this out tracking down a rusted brake line covered in dry mud.
  12. 7

Stall problem today???

Easiest thing to check is the fuel pump shut-off switch. It will be by the center floor outlet or behind the pass side foot cover. Just press down on the red button to reset it. Good luck.
  13. 7

Mileage/Year/Drive engine of your Ranger?

243,000 km,91 vintage,4.0,a/t,4wd,fantastic truck, 28 mpg
  14. 7

Poll: What RPM do you have at 65 mph ?

91 Ranger 4wd,3.55,235-75-15 tires,tach says 2100 ?? Maybe tach is out?
Back