Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Deltacam

I have worked with delta cam. They are are awsome. They are only 20 mins from my dads house. Both my dad and I have work with them they know there stuff. Very good quality and price.
  2. J

Bypass Control Trac TC?

Well I know that the 4wd system works and there is no problems. I went home to MI For X-MAS and it worked flawless. There was snow and ice. Only had one problem withit taking it sweet time enguageing. But I cam back to Ga( in the Military) And i slid into a ditch when making a u-turn. It was...
  3. J

Bypass Control Trac TC?

I have a 96 XLT and im tired of the Control Trac telling the TC that it doent need to be in 4hi. Ever time i need it , it disengages. And there is no need for 4low! IS there a way to get rid od 4auto and make it 4hi? I did a surch and came up with nothing usefull! Can someone help??
  4. J

light bar install

Light Bar Howdy! I haved a light bar on the top of my 1996 XLT. It was a steel horse. I purchesed the mounting brackets for mine and drilled the holes in the side right under the weather stipping. When I srewed the bracket down I used black slicon to prevent any leaking. It lookes realy nice...
  5. J

Warrior shackles for '98 sport?

What is the web site that you went to to find the listing for the shackles? ( Warrior Shackles web site) Thanks Jenkins:chug:
  6. J

Rear Diff Shock

Thanks, Now that I know what its for im Going to take that sob off. I think that it limits the flex in the rear anyhow! Thanks again and Happy New Year!:chug: :thumbsup:
  7. J

Rear Diff Shock

Ive been resurching about putting the shackle lift for the rear. One thing that I read was that you should remove the shock that comes off the rear diff. When I asked Ford they said taht it would mess thing up if I took it off. Has anybody taken it off and had any problems? Please let me know!:nono:
  8. J

What brand trailer hitch should I get?

Hitch Since you have a v8 you could get a cls3 hitch. a 2 would work but nothing lower. The one at U hall is nice but you can get one for 120 or so at pep boys, wal-mart. www.pepboys.com and www.carparts.com will help you. I personaly dont like using the bumper. It only has a 350lb toung...
  9. J

antifreeze leak?

leaky Rad! I have been in the UP (MI) for the x-mas break. And All of a sudden i looked on the ground and saw the Rad leaking. But after it warmed up it would stop. well had a friend look at it and with the rad being plastic and aluminum, it contracks and expands. Its cold! On mine its leaking...
  10. J

Common problems by year...

I have a 1996 XLT 4x4 now have 101,500 on it Drivers side hub at 86,000 Front yoke had a bur on it making the seal leak( under warrenty)72,000 Rocker arm to push rods make noices still 86,000 radiator leaks 101,000 due to cold weather stock radio amp gone!:bounce: :shoot:
  11. J

96' XLT Tranny Problems!!!! PLEASE HELP

Filter! The trnny filter is really easy. Go to the parts shop and get you a pan gasket and filter. If I remeber correctly it takes 5qts of tranny fliud. loosen the front or the back and remove the other side. This will let it rain then take the others out remove pan. The filter is right there...
  12. J

Do I need to replace bushings w/w-shackles

Warrior Shackles Howdy! I was Wondering if you could do me a favor and mesure eye to eye for me, is it 7 1/2 or more? Also is there a piece of stock between the two uprights like the stock shackles? The reson I ask is im going to buy a set but right now im having a friend make me some. If you...
  13. J

vavle gasket, how much, how hard

I had to change the push rod in my 96. It was not hard how ever it is tricky. If you are not machanichal inclined then I sugest that you get a friend to help. The gasket was about ten bucks. If you want it to go easy get you a air intake gasket ( lower) that way it doesnt take as long!
  14. J

Splat's Recent Pics!

Shackels Can you give me the part # and how much did they cost? Did you have to get new shock or bushings? Thanks
  15. J

Ping ping ping

Take it back to Ford and tell them that the y F#$@ it up and You want yor money back! Thats about it!
  16. J

Okay, so now I have my pictures, well a website

NICE!!! Looks nice! Did you do a TT or is that stock. Also I noticed the sway bar mounts were diff. Where did you get that? Looks really great. This is what I got going so far: http://photos.yahoo.com/billybob1581 Jenkins
  17. J

New Pics.

Well after people telling me that My Explorere looked like Mickey Mouse I mover the light from the roof to the front bumper. I had the guys at work make me some brackets. If you know anybody who would like to buy a light bar for ann Explorer Im selling mine for $ 45 bucks. Payed $85 its only 2...
  18. J

Manual Transmission Slipping?

I had a Toyota with 300000 miles on it. It did the same thing. It was the motor. IT was losing comperssion. But it was noticeable when I was driving. It was tired. Your problem is the cluch. Unless your engine is really weak I doubt it is the engine. Your tranny is fine. With a manual you will...
  19. J

differential problem??

I have a 96 XLT 4x4. I also have a Limited Slip. I resently changed out the fluid. All I used was 80 90w. And I have no problems. When I had the rear in the air both wheels moved in the same direction. Thats a good thing. Good luck on the rebuild.
  20. J

96 XLT Before and soon After!

New Pics! Well Here it is I have finally got some new pics. Right now there are all night shots but I will have some NEW day shot in the morning. Plus some twisting action in the moring! Here IT IS: http://photos.yahoo.com/billybob1581 Enjoy Tell What you think. Im thinkin About putting the...
  21. J

Is it hard to change front CV axle on AWD?

What Year do you have? I have a 96 4x4 and the front wheekl bearing went out. To get the cv out all you have to do is pull the spindle nut off and there is three blots on the back of the wheel bearing.diconect the abs sensor. Pull the bearing off. I just tapped the CV lightly and it came...
  22. J

ABS light is on

Yes there is a sensor. There are four sensors on the truck. One at each wheel. If you have a 1999 you should still have a factory warranty. If under 36000 miles. If you do have a warranty then take it to the shop and they will fix it. If under the factory warranty you pay nothing. If under a...
  23. J

P/S Pump: Ford or Aftermarket

When does it whine? If it does it when you are turning then yes you are going to need to replace it. Unless you are low on fluid. IF it just does it when you are at Idle or driving dow the road it could just be the belt. Is it hard to turn the wheels? Thats another indication that it is going or...
  24. J

A little interior remodeling

Thanks that will work. Take it easy! Jenkins
  25. J

A little interior remodeling

Your CB! Where did you mount the cb antana? I dont want a through the glass type and there is really no place to put some fiberglass whips. Can you tell me where you put the antanas and posible post a pic? Thanks. You interior looks great i was thinkin about that but I dont think the wife will...
Back