Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Been a while...

Well I drove to my buddy's who picked up the relay for me. Turned the truck off. Turned it back on and it was doing the same thing. Replaced the relay and voila... truck works. Thanks for the help guys :)
  2. M

Been a while...

sweeeet, was hoping someone else had the same issue. I'll swap it out this week then and let yah know.
  3. M

Been a while...

Ok, so here's what I've got. Apparently I'm having issues with my fuel pump system. Not sure if it's the pump, or a relay, or a short in maybe the emergency shut-off. Randomly (and more-so on hotter days) the truck just won't start after I've driven it. When I crank it up, it'll stutter...
  4. M

Reiter soon, Liberty middle summer

Excellent, thanks for the heads up on it.
  5. M

unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to make it... I've started to notice an occassional knock when I go over speedbumps etc coming from my front passenger area, and until I start making money again (just recently unemployed) I won't be able to fix anything if I break it. :(
  6. M

Is Reiter stock friendly?
  7. M

2008 NWE gathering

Can't believe I missed this... and I even live next door to you now Ryan, lol Figures I'm off the site for a few months and look what I miss out on, oh wells... here's to the next one I hope!
  8. M

Odd sound / find.

Very odd... the check engine ight never came on, wonder if it's burned out. I also didn't notice and change in performance or anything. What does the DPFE sensor do?
  9. M

Odd sound / find.

Hoping someone can help me out with this and that I didn't damage my X. Recently I was driving and passed a car. Before I knew it the RPM's were upwards of 4k-4.5k. Shortly afterwards I noticed the X had a bit more growl to it. I checked to make sure that I hadn't caused an exhaust seal...
  10. M

The bug nibbling....

Nod, I read over most of those before... so the common "minor lift" seems to be F150 Coil spacers and AAL/Shackle. That would be considered suspension lifting? Right? Could I do that and a 2 or 3" body lift for a total of 4-6"?
  11. M

The bug nibbling....

Ok, so the bug has already gotten to me, now I just need to plan my course of action. In the next month or so, I should be able to start saving up some money. I want to give the ole girl a lift... I just want to start out small. I'd like to do it myself if possible (with the help of a...
  12. M

Your opinion on course of action....

Excellent, do you happen to remember what size you got? If not I'll just get down with a tape and measure it and play trial and error. I kinda figured something was just loose, just haven't had a whole lot of time to do much work. Right now I'm in season at work so my days off are split...
  13. M

The temptation was already there.... now it's full force. I have already been thinking, "Man, she'd look so much better with a bit of a lift and some bigger tires." Then I got to thinking, "Hmm body? suspension? Both?" So much money and so thin of a wallet at the moment. The first and...
  14. M

Amen to that. The more I thought about it the more I thought, "I actually really like it." And then I got to thinking about all the things to do, like lifts, bigger wheels, etc. Of course, I spend the slow days at work perusing the sight thinking "Man I wish I had the money to do that!"...
  15. M

Thanks for all the input yall, yeah. It's in good condition, not the best, some dings and dents etc, but over all the engine is clean and strong, I get decent to good mileage (comparatively for x's), and yeah, Washington, so not really a huge rust problem or anything. As for my use, mainly a...
  16. M

So here's my quandry. I purchased my 94 LTD X last month. 142k miles. I'm sure I'm paying way too much for it, but that's the crummies of having "poor credit". Anyhow, so my original plan was to just keep it 6 or 8 months, then trade it in for a newer vehicle (likely another X). After...
  17. M

Caliper issue?

Good news for me. I called the dealership that sold me the X, and vented my frustration that the brakes were having issues. That since they had putbrand new tires on the X before selling it, they could have at least checked the brakes. Not only that, I had bought extended warranty, so yay for...
  18. M

Caliper issue?

Well I was driving home around the sound instead of taking the ferry. Took some backroads and got stuck behind a semi, which was not in the mood to go fast, so I had to brake alot. About halfway around, I noticed when I applied thr brakes, the X would pull to the left suddenly. First time it...
  19. M

Caliper issue?

Recently I had an issue with my brakes. After putting it on the rack at my buddy's shop, we found that my front passenger side brake is rubbing, he believes it's a froze/stuck caliper. We bled the brakes etc, and the caliper moved, but the moment I re-braked it stuck again. It's barely in...
  20. M

K&N Drop-in Air Filter?

Wow, I didn't realize first gen got such suck mileage, not only that it's the 4.0 OHV, from what I've read that should be affecting my mileage as well eh? Well then I'll count my eggs as blessed and make me some ommelettes.
  21. M

K&N Drop-in Air Filter?

Is it actually worth it? I got one about three weeks ago and have noticed no noticeable difference in mileage or torque. I'm not so worried about hp/tq, because I know it's minimal, but I had hoped that the mileage would increase at least a little bit. On average with mixed city/highway...
  22. M

Odd Problem (to me)...

Whew! Thanks much for the normal comments. I'll play around with it a bit offroad and see what comes of it... wish me luck, lol
  23. M

Odd Problem (to me)...

Sorry about being quiet last few days... injured my back so haven't been able to do much last few days. I'll see if my buddy can put it up on his rack and we can take a look at it. Will let you know. Thanks for the direction to look. Anyone have any guestimates on price for new parts? I...
  24. M

Odd Problem (to me)...

I first noticed it in soft stuff, was on the beach in some sand to test it out. I suppose it's possible that the previous owner messed something up. Does the same in gravel, wet surfaces, etc. It doesn't click at all when turning, just the odd behavior while turning, and it only really...
Back