Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

A funny story....

I did several searches. Anybody know the location of this thread?
  2. C

A funny story....

I was verry lucky indeed! now I hear how bad things couldhave gone! I think I'm going to put in a start engine button! I would use the switched 12v from the ignition but instead of turning the key you press the button. Any thoughts on doing this? Also my truck seems to have remote...
  3. C

Power door locks

FIXED Turns out the passenger door is the main switch (it connects the switch wires to the actuator wires) the problem was one of the actuator wires broke off. some solder and some elect tape later and my locks work great
  4. C

A funny story....

I actually figured out how I did it. Turns out the truck has an alarm with a starter kill relay (meaning when the alarm is going off or armed it "Kills" the starter) The starter kill and the unlock have the same colour wire. so when they crossed it gave the starter signal 12v and thus starting...
  5. C

A funny story....

My power windows stopped working (I posed a thread about it a little while ago) so when I was fixing them I thought I had it fixed and when I go to unlock the doors it ran the STARTER!!!! a true WTF!:eek::confused: moment lol! Just thought I'd share this so you can laugh at me....
  6. C

Power door locks

A few months ago my power door locks stopped working on my 93 X. I checked all the fuses and removed the neg terminal for 30 mins to reset everything. the day it stopped working I was parked outside in a snowstorm and the lock froze Also the aftermarket alarm/keyless entry cant lock the...
  7. C

Spark plugs and oil

Haha amen to that! With 241,000 miles on it you never know. Who cares anyway. It's just a project truck.
  8. C

Spark plugs and oil

I just took out my plugs (can't get new ones till tomorrow) and the closest one to the firewall on the drivers side was covered in old. Not just the inside but the outside too. My socket was covered too. There were slight oil deposits on 2-3 of them but not as bad as this one. Also I...
  9. C

idler pulley

I just did seafoam to my 93 X and it now is squeaking and ticking, not a high pitched squeak but like a low pitched whine. I did some research and found that the idler pulley causes this... BUT my idler pulley doesn't even spin! The belt just rubs against it. Is it time to replace...
  10. C

vacuum lines

Okay... The second picture is the line for the FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) I just reconnected it. It is under the braided fuel line that connects to the fuel rail. The first picture is capped off and remains a mystery. The line from the FPR being disconnected would make it run rich that makes...
  11. C

vacuum lines

there are 2 lines in that harness the second one goes to an adapter that splits it off to the air box and etc
  12. C

vacuum lines

I capped both the lines and she runs great but I can still hear a hiss around the battery and a hiss when i turn it off. Whats the best way to check for vacuum leaks?
  13. C

vacuum lines

My 93 Pushrod engine has 2 vacuum lines missing. The first is the connecter where all the vacuum lines connect (Brake booster cruse controll etc.) There is no hose near it that i can find. Also there is another that connects near the missing one but the line is not connected to...
  14. C

Transmission cooler lines

I'm also going to be putting in a temp gauge. whats the normal operating temp for the a4ld? and also do you put the sending unit on the pressure or return line?
  15. C

Alright a quick update here. I have made some progress but not done yet due to the fact I cant get a new flare nut that fits in the radiator. They just don't make them any more and the one i took of is stripped and now missing. Any ideas where to get this? also in the mean time can i bypass the...
  16. C

Yet another seafoam question...

I'm not going to use it in the oil. I don't trust it that much. This is a questioin about using it with the intake
  17. C

yeah thats what I plan to do. Picked up the flare tool yesterday
  18. C

I need all 10 feet. I'm replacing all the lines
  19. C

After reading this I'm still confused. Also this thread is about a second gen SOHC or OHV. I have a push rod. different engines and different generations. Does anybody know where to do this on a push rod or first gen? also am I supposed to pour the stuff in or just take the line and stick it in...
  20. C

Another seafoam thread. I know this information must exist somewhere but I sure cant find it. I'm going to seafoam my 93 XLT with a 4.0 push-rod engine. Where is the best place to put it in? I heard that the brake booster is no good as it doesn't feed all the cylinders evenly. so where else...
  21. C

Well it was 3$ a foot and i bought 10 feet. a 15 dollar hose bender and 4 hose clamps
  22. C

Rear Hatch won't open

I've never taken a look at the hatch before. But on the doors there are rods that connect the latch with the handle and the rod is connected to the handle with a little plastic clip. I'm not sure if this is the same but if it is, its a cheap easy fix
  23. C

Update Just came home from crappy tire. Just bought about 55$ worth of rubber hose. a tube bender. and some hose clamps... If all goes well I'll have it back on the road by friday
  24. C

Thats not a bad idea... Do you think i would have any trouble with the rubber slipping off the steel?
  25. C

I hate canadian tire even more every time I go there. I rented a flare tool to do the trans lines and the stupid thing doesnt work. It just pushes the line out.... but back to the topic at hand... I already have all the steel line bought. is there any way that I can connect two picecs of steel...
Back