Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Why does it sound like I'm turbocharged?

Wishful thinking?:D
  2. D

my junk

Listen buddy, you can't put pics of your junk on here...this is a family friendly forum!:D
  3. D

Transfer Case Issues

Did it just start doing this? After a spirited offroad outing maybe? If it's just the transfer case moving, the bolts that connect the transfer case to the transmission could be loose. If the trans is also moving the trans mount might need to be replaced. Could also be the chain inside the...
  4. D

Ready To Buy... Maybe

I'd rather make passionate love to a wood chipper than to spend 30K on a ranger! Sorry, couldn't resist. I didn't realize the msrp was 28K on a ranger, but I guess I don't have much of an opinion on it. I think alot of folks look down on the ranger because they have soldiered on for years...
  5. D

Radiator Cooling Fan

Yup, You're fine. Serpentine belt has nothing to do with the timing chain.
  6. D

Anyone ever try using propane like this to save gas

I tried it, you can read about it here... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=205823
  7. D

HHO Kit

The problem with this "free energy" theory is that the alternator gets harder and harder to turn as you pull more electricity from it.
  8. D

Convert non-FFV to run E-85 or gasoline!

E85 will make your engine run lean. I've heard what seemed like contradicting opinions on E85, some people claim their non-FFV vehicles run fine, others claim they have ruined their engines with it. The two people that I saw on TV were older guys who used E85 and said it ran fine. Older...
  9. D

adding propane to gasoline engine?

No, but I'm pretty sure it's because it was running too rich.
  10. D

Well, it's spring now and my engine doesn't like getting propane in warmer weather. It makes the check engine light come on, so I guess I might have to resume my R&D in the fall. I might try to use #85 again. My understanding is that ethanol has less energy in it, so more is required to...
  11. D

E 10 in Canada,,,

I always use E10, as it is about a dime a gallon cheaper and mileage is identical. I've never really tested the mileage side by side but I don't care. My parents have had several buick park avenues, some would run decent on E10 and others wouldn't. One started cutting out, and they took it...
  12. D

So why can't we get a diesel car in the states?

One reason diesel is so expensive is they switched to low sulphur. It's 3.999 here right now, and when they switch to summer fuel in the spring it usually goes up, so it'll soon be over $4 here. I'm glad I don't need any, $3.199/gal gas is bad enough!
  13. D

Hydro Assist Fuel Cell. Increase gas mileage 50%?

Google it, there's lots of 'em! http://www.electricsupercharger.com/pdfs/S3-Mag-11-05-e-RAM-dyno-article.pdf Wow! 1 whole psi., claimed 5 hp increase. Don't spend it all in one place!
  14. D

Hydro Assist Fuel Cell. Increase gas mileage 50%?

I disagree, at least in part, and here is my opinion.... According to that site, there are 4 different parts to the system. The 'Covalizer' additive sounds a little like adding acetone to the fuel, and might help a little. The 'HAFC Optimizer' is just a computer add-on, so I don't know...
  15. D

Natural gas? That'd be hard since we don't have gas heat, only electric upstairs and a woodburner in the basement. I have a friend who heats his house with propane, and he said he had his tank filled in the summer for about $1.50 a gallon. I just need to figure out how to get the bulk price...
  16. D

This week I put a T in my 3/8" ID propane line and added a second 1/4" hose running into the airbox. This was the cheapest and easiest way to increase the amount of propane running into my engine. I'm weighing the cylinder before and after to determine how many lbs of propane I'm using...
  17. D

Update: I've used the propane on two more trips, the last one I got 20.07 mpg cruising at 55mph. The other one I drove 70 the whole time, it was below zero and I had a really nasty headwind on the way back, so I only got 14.26 and was glad to get that. I'm going to try opening the valve more...
  18. D

So far I haven't had any trouble, but I'll keep that in mind. Donner-I don't see any need for insulation. What I have so far is just a cobbled-up system that I am using to test a theory. If it works I'll invest in improvements like mounting the tank on the outside of the cab, remote...
  19. D

You think it'll damage my sensors? Which sensors?
  20. D

^Now that says class!:D
  21. D

HELP!! intake air temp sensor

There's one born every minute- I guess it's been another minute, hasn't it?:rolleyes: Run away. Run away now.
  22. D

It Works!!! Well, I tried it out today. Yesterday I took the 20# cylinder and regulator off my camper and stuck the hose into a hole in the side of the airbox of my Ex. I had the engine warmed up already, and I opened the valve a little and my engine stumbled and idled slower. Then I opened...
  23. D

Thanks for the welcomes and replies! Sounds like I'm not the only one interested in doing this. My biggest fear (besides blowing up my engine) is that I won't increase my gas mileage enough to make up for the propane I'll use. Accelerating normally and driving 70mph during the summer I...
Back