Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

White Explorer Black Rims...opinions

ya that would fill up nice. white letters or black?
  2. Y

White Explorer Black Rims...opinions

hey everyone! Pretty soon this spring Ill be in the need for some new tires. So ive been thinking that instead of buy a new set of rims for my jeep Ill get some for the explorer when i buy new tires. I want to kno what everyone thinks of a white 3rd gen. limited ex with a new set of cragar...
  3. Y

Factory Sub and Aftermarket HU

if your adding an aftermarket head unit but keeping your factory sub and amp, you need to add a 1500 ohm resistor to the remote turnon at the headunit. The new headunit is sending too much power for the factory amp causing the pop when you turn it on. The resistors you can get at radioshack for...
  4. Y

Photoshop help

well heres what thirty minutes gave me...i dont know if im gunna go through with this project...but u cant really tell from this picture if its gunna look good or not...and this picture doesnt have the billet grill either
  5. Y

Photoshop help

thanks!! i would like the round lights with the lens guard....like the PIAA 510 SMR series. Im not really set on exactly what lights to get tho.
  6. Y

Photoshop help

im looking to add a hunter brush guard, and safari rack. Two PIAA fog lights on the guard, and 4 Driving/Fog on the rack. I am also hoping to level out the front like bigapple did. Can someone that is much better than me, do a photoshop so that i can see what this looks like. i have a limited...
  7. Y

DVD player no sound

03' Limited with 6cd, factory DVD, and subwoofer....you have to turn the headphones off by pressing the speaker button on the DVD controls. Press the headphone button to listen to headphones. When i put a new headunit in i wrote down the wire diagram in the DVD player and all wires that went...
  8. Y

Question about instrument panel lighting

All switches (windows,AdavnceTrac, 4X4, message center, door locks) are green 3mm LEDS, the rear climate controls have some sort of green cover (paint?) under the plastic piece. The digital climate controls have very very small green LEDs, the headlight switch has a light bulb with a green...
  9. Y

Setup Autolamp & easy entry exit help!!

try pressing and holding the setup button
  10. Y

2004 Eddie Bauer Explorer - won't start/battery seems OK

I dont know if this is the same thing that is happening to you or not but...last spring my family and i went to colorado for spring break. On our way back home we stopped at a gas station and filled up. Went to start the car but it wouldnt turn over. We were stuck in the middle of Kansas on a...
  11. Y

Factory Upgrades

I would sell the x that you have now..and buy a explorer eddie bauer or limited. You will spend so much time trying to change it over, spending money along the way and it probably wont work. Save that money to buy a better trim x and KNOW that it will all work. just my 2 cents.
  12. Y

CB Antenna

Does anybody know of a cb antenna than can go on the opposite side of the radio antenna on the hood? Maybe one that just attaches somehow in the gap between the hood and the side fender. I also dont want it to be too big, maybe two or three feet tall. thanks
  13. Y

DVD Question

completely normal. Ford uses the stereo head unit as a controller for the DVD player. Thats why you can change the volume of the DVD when listening through the speakers. Just turn the volume all the way down while your kids are watching a movie. BTW when you power off the stereo, a loud pop goes...
  14. Y

time for change: interior lights

Ford is known for using that green color in all if its switches, dash lights, climate control, and stereo head units. When I hopped into my X this afternoon I realized everything is green, lots of green! I was thinking of a midnight blue or similar color. Okay, so here's the question: Does...
  15. Y

ordered my clear corners woohoo!!!

Good decision! I also ordered mine form revotec. Very pleaseed. You should buy some clear(but orange when lit) LEDs. I got mine from ebay. Very cool!
  16. Y

Amp+Sub+Box combo for a beginner

Okay, I'll take your guys advice. Thanks. I now plan on saving up on a better quality amp and subs. Does anybody have any sugestions on what a good starting point would be, as far as amps and subs go? I still wont have a huge amout of money to spend on anything.
  17. Y

Amp+Sub+Box combo for a beginner

Hey guys(and gals), I'm pretty new at this audio stuff. I recently installed a new navi in-dash unit and integrated the factory sub. It worked great...but I'm now looking for a better sub(s) and amplifier. I consider myself a beginner and on a budget. I am looking at buying a package deal for...
  18. Y

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

Thank you!!!! I've been looking everywhere on this site for a decent guide on this mod with no avail. I'm planning on doing this mod on Wednesday when we only have a half-day at school. Could you please tell me where you bought the switch and relay and possibly product #s? Thanks!!!
  19. Y

Rear DVD in an Excursion

I have an 03 Explorer with factory DVD player in the back. When you turn the DVD player on and switch it to Speaker mode(Instead of headphones) "VIDEO" displayed on the front stereo, so that told me that the stereo controlled the DVD player. When I bought an aftermarket navi unit I had to figure...
  20. Y

Getting some looks

thanks bigapple! I've gotten a lot of compliments on the front bumper. People ask if it came that way.
  21. Y

Getting some looks

I was crossing some railroad tracks when I passed another X. He stared at mine as I drove by. Your right, it does feel pretty good when that happens. When I had the tires replaced they put on the same as the stock but they had white letters. My mom even complimented them. Heres a pic in...
  22. Y

'06 Tail Lights on an '03

Anybody know where to get the 4th gen tails besides at the dealership?
  23. Y

'06 Tail Lights on an '03

I was wondering if anybody knows if the tail lights from a 4th gen. X will fit on a 3rd gen. I've heard that a little bit of mod may need to be done. Can you help me out? TIA!
  24. Y

Tri-coat painting

The dealership wants $1500 to fix it. they said that they have to repaint the whole hood and part of the sides for it to look like new again.
  25. Y

Tri-coat painting

My X has Ceramic White Pearl Tricoat color code F6. The hood is starting to flake off in spots. Beacause its in a small area that isnt very open and flat I think it would be hard to tell if it didnt match. So does anybody have tips on painting tri-coat? very old pic btw.
Back