Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Massive front brakes?

Hey people, I'm curious about upgrading the brakes on my 91 Explorer. Can I take the 12" rotors and calipers (and caliper brackets) off the front of a later model Explorer? Are there any after market brake kits that you would advise over any other? The reason I ask is that I was talking to...
  2. S

Comment by 'scottyawd' in media 'Picture_006'

Hey man, Where'd you get that gas filler. That thing is pretty cool.
  3. S

Upgrade planning...

Forecast: Thanks Junkie. I think I figured it out. Thus far here are this summer's upgrade plans: Camburg 5" lift in the front. (Eibach springs, Bilstein RR shocks, cut and turned I-beams, extended radius arms, mounts, and cross member, extended brake lines) SOA rear and 1.75-2"...
  4. S

Grandma's 91 X. From Stock To Rock!

My middle name is Scott too! Good middle name.
  5. S

How To: Repair a 1st Generation 4x4 Electric Shift Module.

What does corrosion look like on a circuit board. That was a fabulous write up. So I got bored yesterday and took mine apart. I think I have a corrosion problem. I have a fair bit of experience with rust and circuit boards, but I've never seen anything like this.
  6. S

Upgrade planning...

If I were to go with the modded I-beams, I would get the cut and turned Camburgs with the extended radius arms. (it all comes in a kit) Would swapping out the explorer I-beams for full size Bronco I-beams be a viable option. I mean all the parts are going to be larger and stronger. I just don't...
  7. S

Upgrade planning...

Hey all, Just looking for some direction. I have a 92 Explorer Sport 4x4 and am at the point where an important decision needs to be made. I'm looking to update the front driveline on my Explorer and have come across two major options; getting extended I-beams, or installing a solid front...
  8. S

Maniak - Tucson, Az - 1992 Explorer

Nice rig you got there. Looking forward to doing some similar mods to my 92 Sport.
  9. S

Comment by 'scottyawd' in media 'cage 8'

Nice rig man. If something bad ever happens to my Ex, I'm gonna do something similar. I've always liked the look of hacked tops. Keep it up and I can't wait to see more pictures.
  10. S

4 Wheel Drive computer madness

Thanks guys for the speedy reply. I guess it's off to the junk yard for me. Thanks again. -Rick
  11. S

4 Wheel Drive computer madness

My 91' Sport is acting a fool. The four wheel drive computer doesn't really work anymore. My friend the ford tech told me where to find the box, and how to run the self test. Much to my dismay, it faulted out. My question is, can these modules be repaired, or do they have to be replaced. The...
  12. S

Comment by 'scottyawd' in media 'Rear end after SOA'

What does one spend on SOA conversion? Did you get an axle from a Ranger with the spring over deal, or was this one engineered? Thanks. -Rick
Back