Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. parad1mg

For Sale Explorer express sway bar, reese hitch and more

lol. yeah, it's quite heavy. thank god my neighbor picked it up already.
  2. parad1mg

Sway bar and starter pending sale to MAS Tequila.
  3. parad1mg

For Sale 4406M, SCT X3, CV Axles, Turn Stalk, Etc.

Hello all, **Second for sale thread created so it wont be too hard for anyone (including forum moderators) to keep track of everything. I've long parted with my mountaineer but a few goodies from it remains in my garage. All items are located in Walnut California. Please read the...
  4. parad1mg

Hello all, I've long parted with my mountaineer but a few goodies from it remains in my garage. All items are located in Walnut California. Please read the following for details: All items were installed on a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer V8 5.0 and were all in excellent working condition upon the...
  5. parad1mg

Front Diff/ CV Axle leaking!

did you replace the CV? on my initial install that resulted in a leak, I replaced my CV with an aftermarket one from a local parts store. After a few days, I got a hold of an OEM one from a junkyard and installed that one instead. That stopped the leaking for me. Although the one from the...
  6. parad1mg

How To: Fix Recliner Lever for FREE

I'm glad this is helping our forum members in some way. :thumbsup: If I come up with a bracket more fitting as a fix, I'll post the diagrams to make them here and maybe an updated installation procedure.
  7. parad1mg

Exhaust sound and headers..

I didn't get a noticeable change in exhaust note when i installed my Torque Monster headers. I still have my original muffler, resonator and 4 cats on though with the exception of a K&N filtercharger intake. The only audible change i got from the headers was a constant ticking that goes with...
  8. parad1mg

Teens or Old people

posting one for 2010! :D had another encounter today at costco.. old lady with long white hair.. she blocked two of us getting boxes for the stuff we bought and wouldnt budge to get out of the way even when she has been told so by two other people.. i think she got pissed at being told at and...
  9. parad1mg

Installing Seat Recliner Lever

search the forum.. this might give you an idea of how to fix it for almost no cost and might help you create your own solution: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=235251 it's been almost a year and my recliner lever is still tight, functional and trouble free.
  10. parad1mg

Torque Monster Header (TMH) Gasket Replacement-Pointers needed

talked to another custom exhaust guy up in oxnard while we were up there during the holidays and he said it's either a poor sealing gasket material or the header flange material being a little bit more susceptible to warping in small increments :scratch: that's his guess for the most common...
  11. parad1mg

Torque Monster Header (TMH) Gasket Replacement-Pointers needed

to replace the gaskets i'd disconnect the collector bolts on both sides, the egr tube on the header port then continue with the header flange bolts.. i did manage to squeeze in the gaskets once by just disconnecting the header flange bolts from the block and pulling/tugging and wedging the...
  12. parad1mg

How is ground clearance measured?

one of the many but useful ways to measure ground clearance: you could also measue from the ground to the lowest point of the frame, etc...
  13. parad1mg

How To: California Smog and "Evap Test"

If you really like your explorer then by all means YES. Cost to get it to pass? Not more than your normal tune-up cost. I actually drove my 1997 mountaineer from Virginia to California in 4 days with just a normal tune-up as preparation for the trip. I registered and smog checked it within 1...
  14. parad1mg

Good on/off road tire

lol :D just an fyi, i did bump up my tire pressure to 42 psi (45 psi hot) for about 3 days and turned it back down to 38psi. Reason was the middle section of the tire showed significant signs of wear as in the siping on the middle threads went poof :eek: we did a chalk test and yet it was...
  15. parad1mg

Good on/off road tire

look at the michelin line if you're doing a lot more highway driving.. i have BFG AT's and its pretty harsh even when its paired with the softest shocks you can get.. the severity of the roughness will depend on the condition of the road you mostly drive on.. for example in my case, BFG AT's +...
  16. parad1mg

Michelin LTX A/T

k, thanks for the inputs.. i'll probably bump up the psi since i'm running 33psi in them right now.. see how that works out..
  17. parad1mg

Michelin LTX A/T

you really think i'll lose more mpg's even though i'm moving to a more street type tire from a rolling resistance monster bgf ko's that ride like bricks? yeah, they're 31's and its giving me some doubts about getting them.. theyre used and quite dirt cheap thats why i'm giving them some...
  18. parad1mg

Michelin LTX A/T

Hey guys (and gals)! i need a quick opinion on the Michelin LTX A/T's (not the a/t 2).. main concern is mpg as in i want to gain ATLEAST a couple back or so (i'm averaging 16-17mpg mostly city driving) and ride quality.. my current tires are BFG A/T KO's 30X9.5 r15's the LTX A/T's i'm...
Back