Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

It's time to swap the diffs

what about welding the rear diff solid??
  2. C

built by pottsy bumper

Hey Firezapper your rig is in the may 09peterson's 4wheel&offroad mag "good job" im interested on some pictures of your "sas" and your custom radius arms, rear custom leaf springs. i want to do the same to my 93 explorer xlt so could use some pointers and again good job getting a ford...
  3. C

Electrical S.O.S

thanks every one for your imput the problem was under the driverside door drim. the drain plug in the floor had popped out and ice ha formed in there and with the warm temp lately . i assume it melted and got in the wires. there like 20 odd wires there. they were all burnt three hours later...
  4. C

Electrical S.O.S

Hello people tonight on my way home. my 93 "x" started acting strang, when i press the brake my interior lights would turn on, then that stopped, now at home and i have know left turnning signal, 4-ways, brake lights. my R side mirror trys to turn in-ward all on its own. when i switch it over...
  5. C

Hello Everybody

Hello ladys and gents ive been a member for a year or more now. i have a 93 explorer xlt 4x4, 31'' mudders, 4 inch body lift (custom made myself) brush geard looking at putting 34"tires and doing a sas and a soa next. well got to get to the forum got some problems that i need some help...
  6. C

91 running rough

i have a 93 x and it did the same thing turned out i had to replace the intake gaskets, 3 hour job, and learn from my mistake make sure you lube up your o-rings on the injecters. I figured this out by spraying some brake cleaner around the intake gaskets, the idle will increase when you find...
  7. C

Should I be concerned? EGR Valve + Timing

ive got a 93 and think my egr is acting up where is it located?
  8. C

difference between 92 and 95?

will the motor from a 95+ with a 4.ol EFI fit a 93 with the 4.ol
  9. C

Body Lift Kit

my "x" is a 93 does that make any difference?
  10. C

Body Lift Kit

wait what this Torsion twist stuff all about
  11. C

Body Lift Kit

allready got the body kit now just need some time to put it on
  12. C

Body Lift Kit

31's should fit it stoock with no lift at least they do on mine with no lose of turning and no rubbing i plan on lifting mine 4 inchs to the body to gain more room for tires . thinking on a set of 34"s
  13. C

Help Tranny wont Shift when cold

yournamehere makes a good point about the vacume line. Wouldnt it be all the time? my idle is screwwy all the time but the tranny isnt. only when its cold or just started. if i let the truck warm up it will still do it. i find that if im easy on the gas its noy as bad but if i am hard on the...
  14. C

thanks for your replys like i stated the tranny just got a flush like last weekend i use amsoil synthetic tranny fluid with a full bottle of lucus tranny treatment. new filter and gasket aswell i cleaned out the grung that was on the bottom of the pan. the fluid level is a little hight .. now...
  15. C

Hello NY 93 EX wont shift when first shift when its cold i can go out to the truck, start it up and it wont idle until its warmed up, but if i jump in and put it in drive it eill stall unless i give it a shot of gas then it will stay running and i can drive away. i pull out in to the road...
  16. C

overheating, early shifting and high rpms at idle

my "X" is idleing high but thats it once in a while it will shift early but not to often could this be the same thing but in the early stages? my oil pressure guage is in the normal zone but closer to the low side and i sometimes smell burnt oil inside the truck.
  17. C

'94 4x4, engine replacement ideas?

where is this fuel pressure regulator located ?
  18. C

Cleaning MAF and doing major tune up- not resetting the computer???

how is the MAF cleaned can i use brakecleaner on it or will that wreck the censer inside?
  19. C

Replacing the flex plate

oh now dont i feel stupid
  20. C

Replacing the flex plate

what is this fex plate? and what does it do?
  21. C

power windows

thanks ill give anything a try right now
  22. C

93 Explorer Gas mileage! <cool

is there a better motor ?
  23. C

power windows

right on thanks for the tip ill try that
  24. C

what kit are you talking about?
  25. C

did the swiss cheese thing to the air box help?
Back