Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

problem with 2005 Escap drive shaft

Yes this is an old thread but I need an answer. Trying to pull the drive shaft from my 08 Escape because of serious vibration (suspect Carrier Bearing) but I cannot get it to separate at the transfer case where the CV bearing cage or whatever slots into it. Been trying penetration oil and...
  2. T

HELPPPPP.....Seized Drain Plug- 5R55W

Ok I took it to Dealership this morning and asked to have ATF level checked. They reported it full but I have not confirmed yet that they actually got the plug freed up. They also quoted me $180 plus fluid to install my Solenoid block. If they did free up the plug I'll go ahead and do the...
  3. T

I broke a Craftsman T30 torx bit that I would assume would be one of the best. I just applied a bunch more heat with a small propane torch and still no budge. I am at the point of giving up and hoping the dealer can install the solenoid for a reasonable price(and on Christmas eve at that)...
  4. T

I am trying to replace the solenoid block on my transmission in time to travel for the holidays and I am at a stand still. I gathered all of the necessary tools and equipment to drain the trani fluid, drop the pan, remove/install solenoid, and replace the fluid etc. but I cannot get the T30...
  5. T

ABS light

I have had my ABS light on for 3 months steady now. It started coming on intermittantly and abs kicking in on a very slow stop etc when it shouldn't have. Then it went out and all was fine for a little while. Then it came on and has been on ever since. I read thru all of the threads here and...
  6. T

'02 explorer slow to go into drive and reverse

According to the reply from the guy selling... The solinoid pack in this auction is the correct one for an 03 explorer. the 4L2Z-7G391-AA is for 04 and up transmissions.The 2 parts are not interchangable. You can look at the VIN sticker inside your drivers door jamb and if your explorer is 03...
  7. T

According to the reply from the guy selling... The solinoid pack in this auction is the correct one for an 03 explorer. the 4L2Z-7G391-AA is for 04 and up transmissions.The 2 parts are not interchangable. You can look at the VIN sticker inside your drivers door jamb and if your explorer is 03...
  8. T

Ok..I've made the plunge and purchased the solenoid pack on e-bay. Now I will venture into uncharted waters using Borland's wonderful instructions I found here at this link: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164055&highlight=Solenoid+replacement Since I only recently had...
  9. T

So I guess that I should jump on the Buy it Now price of $100 and not risk losing it to try to get it at $80? He responded to me that it is the correct one for the 03 but he also has the one for the 04 and up on another listing if anyone needs one. Thanks for the responses.
  10. T

Solenoid Block Replacement

No I do not have a code but based on my symptoms and what I have read I believe that this is the fix. It is a long sad story about how all my problems started when I had a simple filter and gasket replacement at a local AAMCO..I won't go into it now. The problem is when the trani and vehicle...
  11. T

Solenoid Block Replacement

I need some expert opinions: I have a 2003 Explorer XLT 4wd 4.0l ohc and believe after reading for hours and hours on this forum that I need to replace the Solenoid Block. I believe that my trani is a 5r55w(agreed?). I found a guy selling new solenoid blocks on e-bay for $100 which is a good...
  12. T

I need some expert opinions: I have a 2003 Explorer XLT 4wd 4.0l ohc and believe after reading for hours and hours on this forum that I need to replace the Solenoid Block. I believe that the trani is a 5r55w. I found a guy selling new solenoid blocks on e-bay for $100 which is a good deal if...
  13. T

My Tranny Doesn't like my being good to it !!!!!

Thanks for the ideas. The issue is that it is not only in reverse but both D and R ...only when cold. After a warm up it seems fine. That's why I was thinking it was the EPC acting up.
  14. T

My Tranny Doesn't like my being good to it !!!!!

Here is a little bit long(sorry) of a tail about my recent adventures to the local AAMCO and a question for the guru's about my current problem(hint: slow D and R when cold). The facts: 2003 Explorer XLT 4wd, 4.0l SOHC with 5R55W Transmission 75000 miles. It occurred...
Back