Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!!

That's only if they have a soft top. Hard top owners are good to go
  2. V

*** Amber alert: Looking for a 91 Explorer ***

Since this is the most used forum, and Explorer drivers always notice other Explorers...... Three children missing in N. Georgia; father of 2 of them sought in abduction, four slayings Jones, 31, was believed early Thursday to be driving a red 1991 Ford Explorer with Georgia license730...
  3. V

"It's an Explorer thing...you wouldn't understand!"

Brian, I'm all for having something like that for ya, BUT you have GOT TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING ORIGINAL!!!!! That looks like you have to copy someone else's idea, which is what you're doing. This was linked from a different board, and since I used to have an Exploder (and still have...
  4. V

Build your Wrangler fighter here!

Haven't been in here in a long time... things have changed. Anyway, You have my vote for a V8!!!!! The ability to do mild modifications (small lift, bigger tires, etc.) and NOT void the warranty. No pansy push button 4WD.... I want a shifter. No automatic hubs (get rid of the having...
  5. V

cd changer choices/ RF?

If you buy a changer w/ the FM modulator control, you DO NOT HAVE TO CUT ANYTHING from the head unit. Believe me, it is soooooooooo much easier to deal with. [This message has been edited by velcrofly (edited 04-10-2000).]
  6. V

CD changer fit into counsol

Since you have a 92 (I checked your profile)..... I put mine in the center console (92 EB), and I had to cut the aluminum bracket (NOT affecting the holding of the console itself) to make it fit. But each changer is different so measure, then measure again!! I put in a JBL 6pack changer w/ the...
  7. V

What Octane Fuel Does Your Explorer Run On?

rpenner54, you are not going crazy, that's just what Colorado has....lower octane than the rest of us. I always got the best mileage for the $$ using 89, using 87 or 92/93 was just horrible.
  8. V

Coolant change on a '95

A friend of mine has a '95 V6 and is about to change out the coolant. Is there anything "special" that needs to be done after flushing and adding new stuff? Like purging the air in the system?? ------------------ Some days you get to be the Statue, Some days you get to be the Pigeon!!
  9. V

An interesting article.......

I had a friend of mine died this way in a wreck. He was in a new 4Runner (stopped in traffic on the I-75) when he got smacked by a @$%& tractor trailer going to fast. It hit my friends 4Runner, knocked it out of the way then hit a van crushing it against the next tractor trailer. (more details...
  10. V

REALLY bad gas mileage

Ok, now I'm ticked off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just called the dealer this morning to get the part #, well guess what the price is now $143.83 Part# 9C968. When I called a couple of weeks ago, the IDIOT must have looked at the wrong part # or something or they decided to jack the price up for more...
  11. V

REALLY bad gas mileage

Garrett, a few posts up you said "-don't mess with the O2 sensor!" now your saying to "Replace your sensor" ?????? i'm confused! was the $160 for the pressure regulator? if so, where do you people find these dealers? that's outragous!!! ------------------ 92EB Some days you get to be the...
  12. V

REALLY bad gas mileage

hey Kyle, my Ford dealer told me $62 plus change. I plan on changing mine in a couple of weeks (getting bonus $$$) hoping that will fix my problem. If someone close to you could maybe find one for that much and ship it to ya. If not, give me a yell back and maybe we can work something out...
  13. V

Tennessee Run?

I'm in Knoxville.... but my Exploder is totally stock, so I dont know what kind of trails you're talking about. I'd like to be counted in if it's not to bad of a trail. As far as a meeting place, depending on which side of the mountains your talking about, my input would be for Gatlinburg- we...
  14. V

NOISE COMING FROM FUEL TANK?

eric, mine does the exact same thing now (the whining below 40^). i was going to buy a fuel pressure gauge, but it costs almost as much as the regulator itself. so i might end up buying the regulator and go from there. ------------------ 92EB Some days you get to be the Statue, Some days you...
  15. V

REALLY bad gas mileage

Well, mine has been doin' exactly the same thing now for about a month! All of a sudden, crappy gas mileage without any real performance loss. But my engine light comes on every now & then (sometimes as soon as I pull out of my driveway & sometimes not for hours) I also am not even getting...
  16. V

O2 sensor

Hey jmarley, did you ever get your check engine light to go off?? mine started coming on this weekend but its not running any different. I used the code scanner and got a 73 (insufficient throttle position change) this time. Any suggestions from anyone is welcome ------------------ 92EB Some...
  17. V

29X11.5R15 All terrain tires

Hey Mando, Call me stupid, but what is the static load radius? ------------------ 92EB Some days you get to be the Statue, Some days you get to be the Pigeon!!
  18. V

29X11.5R15 All terrain tires

tell you what though, it will look like you lowered it if you have same height but wider. I did it with street tires when I had my Wrangler (I know completely different), and used 275 or 285x60x15's. It actually raised it about 1/2", but everybody else thought I lowered my Jeep because of the...
  19. V

Bigger tires affect ABS....

just putting this on top of the page for RYAN ------------------ 92EB Some days you get to be the Statue, Some days you get to be the Pigeon!!
  20. V

Speakers mounted on rear hatch???

yea, I took the cover off a couple of weeks ago to put a light switch in, so that I can turn on my interior light when I lift just the rear glass or even turn it off when I lift the whole tailgate. I did kinda take a look around and that's what gave me the idea in the first place. Looks like I...
  21. V

Sputtering problems w/ codes 341 & 157

OK, I was on my way to Cincinnati this morning and got about 30 minutes into the trip & my Explorer start sputtin and sputterin up hills. (around 75MPH). As soon as it started I stopped at the next exit & checked out. Couldnt see anything either. (But wasnt sputtering at idle either - or while...
  22. V

Found Superchip for $170

I sent them this e-mail: "I saw your ad for a superchip for $170. Is this also for an Explorer as well as a Ranger?" Their reply: "You bet! As long as your motor isn't a V10 supercharged motor, the Ford price is $170.00 plus shipping. This is the last month we are running the special. However...
  23. V

REAR SUB BOX OVER WHEEL WELL

Greathouse, Do what you're planning on doing dispite what others are saying. Even w/ a 12, you can still hide it under the cargo cover, but yea of course it might be thick (I would think you would have already known that without someone else telling you). The angle of the speaker should go with...
  24. V

what oil to use?

The best deal I've found on Synthetic's is @ K-mart. Castrol Syntec (sp) in a 5 qt jug for $15.99. I had to buy a few to stock up on. Plus you can dump the old oil right back in the jug. (w/ a funnel of course) ------------------ 92EB Some days you get to be the Statue, some days you get to be...
  25. V

REAR SUB BOX OVER WHEEL WELL

As for my CD changer, I probably will mount it under the ashtry area & wont really stick out either. I did think about the "cutting a hole in the glove box" but I'd rather have an extra one first. After measuring mine, the changer would be almost flush with the glove box door. The "roll top"...
Back