Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

How to: Quick Blend Door Actuator removal for Gen II

Thanks to all that share their information on the ford forums! I have a 97 Explorer 4.0 with the actuator that pops off. I accessed it from the glove box as directed in previous posts. The actuator motor turned when I adjusted the temp control. It moved SLOW. Does this spell out that the...
  2. C

97 Explorer * Idler Pulley * Loss of Serpentine Belt * Over heated * Anti-Freeze Leak

As a one of my college professors use to say.. Through pain, comes learning.. I thought he was a Richard Cranium back then too..... But I learned alot. I have finally got the Explorer back online and running.. I greatly appreciate all the help on the Forums. The 97 Explorer is a...
  3. C

97 Explorer * Idler Pulley * Loss of Serpentine Belt * Over heated * Anti-Freeze Leak

Appreciate the feedback.. I do not have a pressure tester so I decided to go ahead and replace the thermostat. Excellent Forum here for replacing the Thermostat as well as the housing at http://bengrosser.com/howto/fordthermostat/ After getting the top off and removing the...
  4. C

Hello, Had the misfortune of ignoring a squeaking of my Idler Pulley which resulted with the bearing freezing up / Belt popping off. Wife unit had to drive for about a mile before she could pull off the road. There was some antifreeze under the hood and it was not apparent where it came...
Back