Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

SOHC V6 Supercharger

Happy birthday!
  2. R

SOHC V6 Supercharger

Another way is to "lightly spray" starting fluid around intake areas at idle, and see if rpm increases. Just be care full of the obvious like flame, spark, enclosed area, etc.
  3. R

SOHC V6 Supercharger

This "Moddbox" poster is AAron Hahn. He first contacted me on Jan 18, 2012 wanting some information. His last email was on Feb 8, 2013 wanting to verify the Eaton supercharger (prior) to a Banshee Supercharger Kit purchase. He was able to get my manifold and plenum from a "Canadian neighbor" for...
  4. R

SOHC V6 Supercharger

There is aprox 7-sq" of open area below heater core to supply back 2-inlets, as support is only as thick as the heater core, with void below.
  5. R

SOHC V6 Supercharger

She looks pretty clean! If you get chance could you send me this picture in high resolution?
  6. R

SOHC V6 Supercharger

Check your max rpm for the M90, as I "believe a 2.8" is the smallest to use at a max engine rpm of 6,000"? regards, Ron
  7. R

SOHC V6 Supercharger

With regard to this "dyno chart": This was a dyno tune on the proto-type of my daily driver (prior) to production. The tune was to correct a lean condition at high rpm's as evidenced on a prior dyno run. The IAT sensor was still at the maf location so computer program did corrections to...
  8. R

Another OHV M90 build

Had it that way for 5-years and no problems! 8-rib pulley and 6-rib belt.
  9. R

4.0 SOHC Performance Motor Build

Jakee, What about a pipethread fitting with 0-ring?
  10. R

Henson's TurboX RIP!

James, Just read your posts! Sorry to hear about the accident. The material things can eventually be replaced, but glad you came out of it ok! Did you mention what speed you were going when all hell broke loose?
  11. R

4.0 SOHC Performance Motor Build

Jakee, Thanks for starting this thread! I was just getting ready to start researching myself. Did you calculate what compression ratio using option 2 would be, with std pistons? Is there a HP rating for the option 2 rods?
  12. R

More engine problems (V6)

That's shi***. I know motorcraft changer their numbering system and maybe affected your spec book. I'd call 2 different dealership's parts departments and see if you get same part number. If you go to this link and insert your vin number it might give you the info ? Mine is covered but it's a...
  13. R

In your "Owners Guide" under "specifcations & capacities" it (should) reference the spark plug "part number"
  14. R

Verify the Motorcraft Plug number with your factory spec book. Most charts at parts store are not accurate for the 4.0 SOHC engine.
  15. R

i need a supercharging plan..

Get rid of the 2.25 flange reduction on exhaust. Run full 2.5" from last cat. You also need no less than 3" air intake. Supercharger needs air-in/air-out.
  16. R

Jakee, You are now right on! He needs to first decide what he wants! His first response was add'l power to increase performance and pull a landscape trailer. Since then it appears as a desire for power! He (must) decide what he want's: A) Performance on a daily driver or a (lot) of...
  17. R

My post 70 and emails with pic's sent to him all indicate 2-outside wires?
  18. R

Then I'd say you have a vacuum leak! I know you don't want to remove and replace, but thats what happens. PCM what does that have to do with the IAT? I'm talking about the maf connector right near the air filter, it should have a connector with 6-wires and 2-outside wires should be the iat...
  19. R

It will take about 3-days of driving to allow the computer to relearn on it's own. During this time whitout hitting it hard you should not throw a cel unless there is another problem, like a gasket leak. It would be wise to correct this problem first. The IAT sensor in my 2002 ranger is...
  20. R

Just noticed this post and want to clarify a couple items. Lifted 4.0 was told by me: He would be able to use stock tune to get vehicle running and tested without throwing a cel, provided: The stock 24-lb injectors, maf, 3.18 stock supercharger pulley is being used. He was also instructed to not...
Back