Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Broken visor

Eddy/anyone I am about to replace my wife's visor for the 3rd time due to the cracking of the plastic mount. Are you still seliing these?
  2. N

Keyless entry pad code location

Willy - I found it behind the rear, right passenger side lower panel. Just as described in the opening post. There are 2 panels back there - the top one that has the seat-belt adjustment slider, and the one right below it that extends towards the back of the car (this is on my 04 explorer...
  3. N

Keyless entry pad code location

I just did this for my 04 explorer, and it worked like a charm. There's no need to completely remove the bottom plastic panel. You can bend it back enough (without breaking any clips) to shine a flashlight and see the big, black numbers on the box. I removed the defrost area cover of the...
  4. N

Find your key pad number - 2002 - 2004 - its easy!

I just did this for my 04 explorer, and it worked like a charm. There's no need to completely remove the bottom plastic panel. You can bend it back enough (without breaking any clips) to shine a flashlight and see the big, black numbers on the box. Thank you so much for this.
  5. N

Need to find my door code

I just did this for my 04 explorer, and it worked like a charm. There's no need to completely remove the bottom plastic panel. You can bend it back enough (without breaking any clips) to shine a flashlight and see the big, black numbers on the box. Thank you so much for this.
  6. N

03 Explorer rear turn and lower brake lights dont work

It's amazing how us do it youselvers overthink things sometimes. I replaced the bulbs, and everything works fine. Thanks to Fordfool anyway.
  7. N

Thank you. But that relay has nothing to do with the turn ligjts, right? Since both turn and brake lights are failing, I'm thinking that something bigger is broken.
  8. N

Hello My wife's turn and rear lower brake lights dont come on, but the third, center light comes on fine. The bulbs look fine (filaments not burnt) There isnt a fuse to check for rear/turn lights. The front turn signals blink fine. I tilted the steering column up, but the issue remains. I...
  9. N

turn signal freezes, works again, freezes, etc

good morning I know that there are several posts and threads online everywhere making reference to this problem. Mine is frustratingly intermittent, so I don't know what to do. The turn signal will freeze, with all 4 bulbs staying fully on. Later (time undetermined), they work fine. This happens...
  10. N

Looking for replacement rear glass latch for 04 Explorer...any suggestions?

thanks...mall go to ebay and look for item number 150960186615, or http://www.ebay.com/itm/150960186615?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
  11. N

thanks Joe. Yes, Latch, I searched in ebay and only got 1 hit. I will look for LKQ as a seller.
  12. N

As the title says, I need to replace the rear glass latch of my 04 Explorer. The plastic piece that holds the cable in place broke, and thus we cannot open the glass door by pressing the button. I came across one in ebay, but I would like to explorer other stores. Of course, I will avoid the...
  13. N

04 XLT brake noise question

Hello Not sure if I am in the right forum, but I will try it. My 04 Explorer XLT makes a weird and annoying noise whenever I brake. The sound is as though a spring is being stretched massively (like garage door springs). I realize that perhaps a spring is what returns the brake pedal to its...
  14. N

Air will not come out through the vents

Explorer Vents That Do Not Blow Very Hard Sorry trying to insert pictures, but not working properly. I finally did a home remedy to the problem, and it works fine. I have the jpegs on my desktop. If someone can post instructions on how to instert pics (sorry), then I can put before and after...
  15. N

I found the culprit!!!! I found a small motor that has an arm that slides in or out. In front of that arm is a black knob that rotates to open or close the air vents for defrost/max (the recirc!!). However, that arm is not attached to that knob at all, and thus the problem. It doesnt look like...
  16. N

CDW--thanks for your reply. I followed a white and black line that go into the firewall, and they go into the glove compartment. Behind it, is a black container. Not round, but rather like a large vitamin pill. It has a black line that goes into it, and if you take it out, it makes a suction...
  17. N

jt--I know this seems to be a recurring problem that has appeared in many posts. But all the solutions, drawings, and pictures make reference to models below 2000. In my case, it is an 04 XLT, so I am wondering if maybe Ford discontinued the use of the black ball during some year, and now uses...
  18. N

Jt smith---looking at this thread for similar issue with my 04 XLT. I could not locate the reservoir behind either front wheel well. Any suggestions for other possible locations? thanks, N
  19. N

04 Explorer Ac Passenger Vents Not Blowing Enough

I tried the steps mentioned in this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162232 but I could not find the 4 inch black ball behind the right or left wheel wells. Any other suggestions for the location? N
  20. N

04 Explorer Ac Passenger Vents Not Blowing Enough

2004 Explorer that has A/c issue. The dash vents blow very little air regardless of the fan speed selected. We have to set it on 3 or 4 in order to feel the equivalent of a 1 or 2 in other cars. When the a/c is set on normal vent, the defrost vents blow a little bit of air out. I am not...
Back