Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 5

Tire Wear Inquiry

For comparison I just replaced the 3rd set of tires (BFG's) on my 05 XLT V8 purchased new in January, 05. At 129k that averages to about 43k per set. It has never been aligned, rotations and rebalance as needed, 90% hi-way miles, conservative driving style. You did not indicate in your post...
  2. 5

Seat cushion swap

I'm not sure if your asking me but if you are the answer is no. When koda2000 mentioned "fair amount of work" I stopped right there. I just got used to sitting on a concrete block.
  3. 5

Seat cushion swap

Well, thank you Mr. Alligator. That does sound like a much simpler operation. Is the youtube video specific for the Explorer? And 485k? Seriously?
  4. 5

Seat cushion swap

How do you swap the driver's side seat cushion for the passenger's? Driver's side is power assisted, both have lumbar supports. Any tips appreciated. Thanks.
  5. 5

Speedometer Issues

I have the identical issue with my 98 XLT V-6 SOHC engine, auto trans. From what I gather the problem is a failure of an electrical component within the speedometer unit itself (it is electronic). And you cannot replace the speedometer only, you must replace the entire gauge cluster. Check...
  6. 5

2005 Explorer rear brakes

Greetings all: I have read in several places that the rear caliper slide pins should not be touched when replacing pads unless a problem is suspected. The claim is they are sealed for life and do not require servicing. Examining the replacement dust boots I have in hand and illustrations...
  7. 5

Whistle sound when A/C is running

Same thing on my 05 XLT V-8. Bought new January 05, a/c still as cold as the day I got it.
  8. 5

Replacement battery

Any recommendations for a replacement battery for an 05 XLT V-8? Stick with Motorcraft, or some other brand? Thanks!
  9. 5

Have a 4.6L? Here's a problem I bet you all have...

Hello Matt, While perusing the Forum I came accross your post. The very next day I peeked under my 05 V-8 (purchased new January 05, 51 k miles presently) to see if there was a problem. Not even close, plenty of clearance, no sign of chaffing. I did notice that the two bolts securing the...
  10. 5

Front differential cover removal

My new 05 had a small leak in front diff (plate seal). Ford dealer said 4 hour job, have to pull axles to get to it. Hope this helps.
  11. 5

CD changer draining battery?

Very possible. I was trying to determine the cause of the battery drain and the only unusual event I could associate was the cd issue. It could be something else. If so, perhaps it will appear again. Thanks for taking time to reply.
  12. 5

CD changer draining battery?

I own a 2005 with the Audiophile (6 CD changer) system. I rarely use the cd changer but did so on a recent trip. At the end of the day I ejected the 4 cds I had previously inserted (turned key to acc position to accomplish). Several days later went to start the vehicle and the battery was dead...
  13. 5

leaking front differential

Do you happen to have that TSB#? I have same problem, but mine should be covered under ESP warranty. They told me it was a 4 hour job. Thanks.
  14. 5

How to: How To: Drivers Exterior Door Handle Replacement

A big thank you to sean 99 and Barn Owl for their insight into the problem of inoperative door locks. I too suffered same and thought floppy door handle was the cause. Before installing, I took time to review comments in the Forum and discovered their posts. Had I not, I would have never...
  15. 5

Interior trim panel removal

Thanks for taking time to reply. I take it that there is enough slack in the harness in order to disconnect same.
  16. 5

Interior trim panel removal

I need to remove the driver's side interior door trim panel on my 98 Explorer in order to replace a broken door handle. I'm pretty well up on how to disconnect the door/window switches but what about the power mirror switch that's perched towards the top of the panel? Any help would be greatly...
  17. 5

check engine light

Greetings all: Received this code on my 98 w/ sohc engine: PO136. Replaced o2 sensor downstream, pass side (what a chore). Cleared code, but returned after approx 15 minutes of driving. Further review of Ford tsbs (01-9-7, HO2s service tips) indicate the following could be the problem...
Back