Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2006 Ford Explorer XLT Loud Engine Noise

DCheck your water level in ur radiator reserve ..u prolly have the famous radiator leak and ur truck is keeping the fan clutch in gaged to try and cool the engine
  2. M

Best tire for a 2wd v8 explorer for boat ramps

i need new tires anyhow .. so thats why im looking
  3. M

the 4wd is where im lacking im not worried about power ... some of the ramps around here are dirt and city does not up keep them ... along with some of the concrete ramps iv been on are like walking on ice
  4. M

Haven't bought it yet ..just pre planning
  5. M

anyone taken the exterior door handles...

painting mine.. just taped them off on the truck no problems at all ... i did take off the roof rack to repaint that
  6. M

19' nauticstar bay boat. 265/75/16 nitto terra grappler i think im going to go with that will fit with stock height correct?
  7. M

What do u guys think is the best tire for my stock 16" wheels for boat ramps ... and my truck is 2wd
  8. M

real time mpg in 2006 explorer

Is there a way to get real time MPG in a 2006 explorer on the dash read out instead if the avg mpg
  9. M

Think my tranny is dead

well what would cause the shifter linkage to go ?
  10. M

Think my tranny is dead

trucks for sale if anyone is intrested ...
  11. M

Think my tranny is dead

Took off from a redlight today and switching from 2nd to 3rd i had a violent hard jerk/shift .. then nothing truck just revs.... pulled over to side of road and tried R D 123 and nothing in any of them truck just revs ... i assume my tranny is shot... someone said it could be my pump or...
  12. M

How To: Repair A/C "Fresh Air/Recirc" Door

sometimes it can be tucked behind wiring so look carefully .... last time i had to hook it up took me like 5 mins to find it and i knew what i was lookin for lol.... u should be able to reach it easliy with the glove box removed or folded completly down
  13. M

ok this is ur problem more then likely ...if u look up in the dash to the left of the radio u will see some vacuum lines should be 2 sets one set with a square plug and another set with a triangluar plug ... if the triangular one is unpluged ur ac will only blow out of the defrost with force ...
  14. M

air feels restricted from vents

this is what i did.... take the door out of the assembly "its a tight squeeze" then drill a hole in the end where the nub is with a 1/8" bit about 1/2" deep then put the door back in and when u slide the nub into place and put the arm back on take a 1" button head screw and screw it in the...
  15. M

air feels restricted from vents

Your Air Recirc door is stuck or fallen ... more likely fallen .. its located behind the glove box ... u have to taket the dash out to get to it .... just did mine ... took me about 2hrs
  16. M

In the market for a 2002 Explorer - need advice

advice .... look for another vehicle have had my 2004 explorer since 2005 ... and have had ALOT of problems some small some major.... also have a 98 honda civic that i have had since about 99... ..... not 1 single problem
  17. M

87oct to 93oct

guess that explains how i went through a entire tank of gas in 3 days
  18. M

Max AC

Just did mine same problem as u and it was the blend door take a afternoon and take ur dash out and fix it It's about a 3 hr job but fairly easy around a 300-500 dollar job at a shop
  19. M

Transmission problems, what else is new ???

Trans is common to go out in explorers usually just the valve body goes or the bands or both either way going to have to be rebuilt or replaced ... Ammco is know for ripping people off on work. I know advanced auto parts has rebuilt trans with 3 year warranty for around 1600
  20. M

87oct to 93oct

i have been running 87 in my 4.6 explorer since i got it never really seen a reason to run 93 ... but today i figured what the hell lets see if it makes a differerence so i ran my truck to empty .. rode around with the fuel light then filled up with 93............ it made my truck sluggish ...
  21. M

a/c not real cold

ok did the blend door fix ... did the recirc door fix .... air is blowing alot harder but still not cold its cool but not cold .... charged the a/c with one of the cans that has a gauge filled it to 55psi.... the compressor was cycleing before the charge now it just stays at 55psi and doesnt cycle
  22. M

ok i got my dash out and got the screws out of the box but the box will not come out its like its attached to the fire wall? i dont want to pull to hard and break it
  23. M

a/c not real cold

So I should get a set of gauges mad for a/c instead of the gauge on the can? .....whatveoukd b the proper way of doing it
  24. M

Ford Explorer Surging on Start

i had the rough idle.. it was the fuel filter .... the surging might have something to do with the transmission .. they are POS
  25. M

a/c not real cold

before i charged it it would go down in the 30's then up to around 40ish... for reading i found out with ambiant temp of 95 degrees it should read 50-55psi so i filled it to 50psi.. it was cycling about every 5 secs before the charge now it just holds at 50psi ... i did here it cycle at a red...
Back