Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Rotors and pads for sale

I have a set of brand new rear rotors and pads for a 96 AWD. Had to junk car before new brakes became necessary. Rotors are Raybestos # 66565R Pads are Wagner MX667. Cost on RockAuto is $57.91. You can have them for $25.00 plus shipping
  2. F

96 Eddie Bauer

96 Eddie Bauer for sale. 5.0 190k everything works (including AC) 4 good tires new battery 2013 new A/C compressor, evaporator, accumulator 2013 new front brakes 2015 (new rear brakes and rotors in box) class 3 hitch rust is cars downfall scrap value is $300 for $450 you can have a good running...
  3. F

whats this

there's a little car on your rust
  4. F

Ball Joint Replacement Urgent Help Needed

Too late now, but I was going to suggest cutting off the bolt head and driving from the other end of the bolt. Let us know what the shop did.
  5. F

Is it fatal?

May have driven with little or no oil. How often did you check the oil level?
  6. F

Center Cap help!?

I have a 96 with 15" wheels, so I don't know if you have the same issue I had. The chrome on the rims is a "skin" that is attached to a black steel wheel. Over the years the steel rusted and started to push the chrome skin away. Now the caps instead of grabbing 1/2 inch of lung nut were only...
  7. F

Low beams, fogs, and stops not working

Lamp out module. Go to Youtube and search explorer lamp out module
  8. F

A/C drier-accumulator change

On the accumulator is a bracket that secures the tube going into the evaporator. This bracket can corrode and may cause the leak to come from the evaporator tube and not the accumulator. I repaired my tube by splicing in a new section of tube with compression fitting. Regardless of where the...
  9. F

Blower Motor will not turnoff with EATC off button

A few years ago my blower only worked on high regardless of speed selected when heat or A/C was on. Fan did not blow if EATC was off. I changed the control module at the fan and all was well. Now the fan blows at high all the time the ignition is switched on regardless of if EATC is on or off...
  10. F

96 5.0 eddie bauer

My daughter is driving this car. Wife s getting a new car, so daughter gets wife's old car. Explorer runs great, has 184K. Some rust here and there, but well maintained. Should I try to sell it or just junk it?
  11. F

A/C fan only runs on high

Manual A/C has a simple resistor ($12). Automatic A/C has "blower motor control module" ($80). Check amazon.com. You may have to change the pigtail as well
  12. F

Battery drain and crazy issue when charging battery

Sounds like a relay in the power distribution box is opening and closing. Put your finger on one at a time to see which one it is and you'll know which components to check.
  13. F

Possible Vacuum leak?

How do you know cylinder 5 is misfiring?
  14. F

need help ASAP

Replacing a 15 amp fuse with a 30 amp fuse first overheats wires and burns switches. Then it sets your car on fire. If the 15 amp fuse burn out instantly you have a short somewhere. Get a complete wiring diagram and find that short.
  15. F

Nut on Lower high pressure power steering line

it's either 8mm X 1.00 or 8mm X 1.25. Buy one of each at home depot for a buck or less. You can return the one you don't use if you need the cash;)
  16. F

Power mirror wiring diagram

check the orange/light green wire where it enters the door. You may find other wire broken in there too.
  17. F

parasitic draw

Once you have determined which fuse has the draw, you need a wiring diagram to trace that circuit and see which specific item is drawing power. Here is a link for wiring diagrams: http://www.bbbind.com/tech_database.html
  18. F

Coolant leak problem

Leak might only happen when system is under pressure. See if you can get a radiator test kit loaner from Auto-Zone http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/OEM-Radiator-and-cap-test-kit/_/N-26l0?itemIdentifier=391374_0_0_ and pressurize the system and then look for leaks. If the system...
  19. F

How do I verify TSB/Recall service history?

Any Ford dealer's service department should be able to tell you if your vehicle has had this or any other recall work done yet. The recall is probably for the cruise control wiring near the master cylinder. As a fireman myself, I have seen several Ford vehicles go on fire due to this defect...
  20. F

Help with parasitic draw

the lights may be on a delay
  21. F

Help with parasitic draw

switch is in lock mechanism on door. "close" latch with tool so latch thinks door is closed. Do you have a wiring diagram to see what that fuse supplies?
  22. F

Need help finding name of this part

check this out: Part in yellow http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-OEM-FRONT-FUEL-VAPOR-HOUSE-EXPLORER-SPORT-TRAC-2DR-MOUNTAINEER-/281247621923
  23. F

Grumble in drivetrain

98 AWD V8 185K miles Hear/feel a rumble/grumble around 35mph and up when letting foot off the gas. It goes away if accelerating or driving at a constant speed but returns when coasting. How do you know if it is CV joints? Other possible causes?
  24. F

Starter replacement help

If your battery is good and all connections are clean and tight including ground cables, you may have a bad replacement starter.
  25. F

intermittent fuel pump issue

Locate fuel pump relay under hood and swap it with a similar relay to see if relay is the problem
Back