Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

O2 Sensor Voltage With Tune

BTW, My O2's have read as crazy as: B1 was reading 0.41386 while B2 was reading 0.198242 @ 1457.25 rpm's. Another instance I seen B1 at 0.427734 while B2 was 0.610352 at 1217 rpm's. In cold weather on cold starts it will start and run like it has a big cam and smell rich (off road H...
  2. J

O2 Sensor Voltage With Tune

Holy cow! I think I have the exact problem with my Mustang GT (found this thread while searching google)! Can you look at my sct datalogs and tell me if they look exactly like yours? Here are the link! :thumbsup: Here is the cold start...
  3. J

Best replacement spark plugs?

I use NGK's in my 2004 4.6L (same as yours, bought it as a crate motor and swapped it in my 97GT). Any of these will work: V-Power TR55 3951 .054 gap G-Power TR55GP 3403 .054 gap Laser Platinum PTR5F-11 6579 .054 Iridium IX TR55IX 7164 .054 <--- I use this one, but its in a...
  4. J

Bent belt tensioner....

Cool! Thanks, mang! +1 rep for you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D:D:D (edit) ehh, no rep system! :(
  5. J

Bent belt tensioner....

Sweet, got a PN#? Linky to website? Pic of your 8 rib tensioner? :D:D:D
  6. J

Bent belt tensioner....

I may resort to that, but first I want to see if there is a stronger part out there. I make tons of 1/8 and 1/4 mile drag strip passes (between 8-12 a day almost once a week during race season) and the stocker will just bend again like this one did. It's a weak design and would be a temporary...
  7. J

Bent belt tensioner....

So you understand why I ask this here, I have a 2004 Explorer aluminum block 4.6L SOHC PI in my 97 GT. :D So the last day Beech Bend was open, I threw my belt going down the 1/4 mile at 103mph! Hardly any brakes or steering at that MPH sucks! :eek: :thumbdwn: Anyway, I found out that my...
  8. J

crank pulley wobble, help!

The fact remains that brand of UDP caused a problem. The factory dampers don't wobble on the crankshaft and eat the key off the crankshaft. I don't argue that there are other good brands out there that don't cause problems. So I'm not going to argue it or get in to any debates on that...
  9. J

A manual transmission behind a 5.0L?

I wouldn't fool with doing a T5, all the mods, etc., to an Explorer. I would find a smashed F150 4x4 and swap the t-case and 5-speed trans. And for auto to 5 speed swaps parts you'll need to find a 5 speed ranger to get the pedal assy, etc., out of. PCM can be reprogrammed with...
  10. J

crank pulley wobble, help!

UDP's on 4.6L Mustangs have been known to cause issues and failures. It's the biggest reason I got rid of my UDP off my 97 GT long ago. Here are a few things I have read and seen happen on forums. The stock bolt is TTY and should not be reused as I've heard of them snapping off or coming...
  11. J

Howdy!

I'll make some new pictures of the old 87 F250. She's on crutches right now getting a rebuilt 302HO out of a 91 Mustang GT (306 now).
  12. J

Howdy!

Well, here is some pictures for you all.... :) 04 Aluminum block PI swap... Some of this stuff came off, like iron manifolds for headers, plenum since I couldn't use that one with drive by wire tb, and the egr junk was different.... My junk. I removed the MSD DIS-4...
  13. J

Howdy!

Thanks for the welcome! :cool:
  14. J

How to: Install Ford 8.8" gears

Where is this vent line? And if this washer is missing, how hard is it to replace? Can I just take it apart and put in a new one, or will it need to be dial calibrated or whatever? :( I just don't have the tools to really do gear work. This is why I paid these clowns to do it. I've done...
  15. J

How to: Install Ford 8.8" gears

So can you gear guru's help me figure out what is wrong with my 3:73 gear install on my 8:8? I had a Ford dealer instal my Ford racing 3:73 gears. Afterwards, I smelled gear oil. I jacked up the car, looked under it, and oil was all over my mufflers, rear, and fuel tank. It also gets on my...
  16. J

Howdy!

Hello! I'm John, from Hermitage, TN, and I'm 31 years old. I don't have an Explorer, but I do have Explorer power in my Mustang GT. :D I swapped in a 2004 aluminum block PI I bought as a crate motor from an Explorer. I had to change a few things to make it work, but its nice having PI...
Back