Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Shift Tube Assembly

I've currently had the same problem. The part number on the pieces i pulled was "F57A-7215-AA" - however, I've only been able to find the "F57A-7212-AA" online. It looks to be the right fit, but I'm wary of ordering online seeing as the numbers do not exactly align - do you recall what part you...
  2. A

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Currently sitting at 180k for mine. Nothing out of the ordinary - UBJ's a few years ago, inner tie rods this weekend, fresh set of tires last week. Otherwise just your standard upkeep!
  3. A

got stuck, with a twist!

Kudos man, sounds like you both handled it with class.
  4. A

new rims and tires

Woah haha, I didn't even see the date on the original post. But I haven't been on the site in 2-3 years, and now I'm browsing again, so there's still hope!
  5. A

new rims and tires

I think the new rims compliment the color of your X really well, very nice!
  6. A

TT/Shackles or BL first?

That's what I'm doing, and I had a few buddies who did the same and were pleased with the results.
  7. A

New tires on my 97 expo

I had a buddy who ran these on his heep and he had no problems with 'em in the rain, mean set of tires.:thumbsup:
  8. A

Who has the dirtiest explorer!!??

Last time I got'er dirty, little over a year ago.
  9. A

Wheel catches - Smoke from dash

I was taking a buddy of mine home today, and when I went to turn to the right there was a LOT of resistance in the wheel. I turned more and I felt a 'snap,' then smoke starting coming out of the steering column, the dashboard and the vents/radio unit. There was also an acrid, burning smell...
  10. A

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

You gonna get bigger tires when you upgrade?
  11. A

Black headlights installed (with pictures)

That looks really good, cleans up the front end of your truck rather nicely. :thumbsup: I love After-market headlight housings on explorers :D
  12. A

Before at time of purchase 18"s now with 31's and stock bulletholes...

Nice tires > "nice" rims. Great improvement :thumbsup:
  13. A

Hello everyone, 37's on IFS

That is one FANTASTIC looking X. :thumbsup:
  14. A

Worst stuck pic thread

Not my worst stuck, but my most recent. Got the front diff hung on a big 'ol hunk of mud after i slipped into some ruts and I wasn't going anyyyywhere. And yes I'm getting rid of the all-seasons before I get 'er dirty again. After my buddy yanked her out with his Dakota. Mind you, it took...
  15. A

My plans for a homemade roof rack

++ I'm very interested to see how this turns out.
  16. A

KC: DayLiters or 57 series

I think circular lights, along with being brighter, also look better with the Explorer bodies. Rectangular lights just dont look as clean as circular lights do.
  17. A

Gauge cluster ?s

Im having trouble grounding it. Should I ground the red wire or black and red? because the how-to had 2 diff color wires altogether.
  18. A

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

Im having problems grounding mine. I spliced the red one into the parking lights and hooked the ground wire (black and red) to the same place I ground my bajas and no stick. Whats up?
  19. A

Gauge cluster ?s

Well first off I realized that I wasn't sent what was advertised. Also, the gas / battery / oil etc. symbols arent inside of it like they are stock. I just wanted to make sure this wouldn't affect my being able to read my panel correctly or not.
  20. A

Gauge cluster ?s

Alright, I ordered a gauge cluster off of eBay for a 2001 XLT explorer. When it arrived it does not match my stock cluster exactly This is what I have now. However, this is what they sent me. My question is will they still work even though they're not laid out the same way, seeing as they...
  21. A

Cab or Clearance Lights?

I've toyed around with this idea as well That picture doesn't look half bad either...
  22. A

My plans for a homemade roof rack

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Excited to see how this goes, might try something similar myself.
  23. A

200,000 miles :)

My sister lives up there, got an apartment near State. Im about an hour south of ya. High Point :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  24. A

How do I know if I have the towing package?

No there's a hook up with a red nipple on it to the left of the back left leaf spring, inside the bumper/fender area. Pull that red cap off, and plug in the wiring (probably in the back compartment) to both the trailor and the school.
  25. A

How do I know if I have the towing package?

Welcome to the forums! Is there a black hitch under the back bumper or just a ball on the bumper? Notice the ball on my bumper, I do NOT have a towing package.
Back