Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Haven't been around for a while

I've been a member of the forums for a few years, but have never given a formal introduction of myself. These forums have been extremely useful during the years that I owned my explorers. So here's my story. My name is Stuart, and I've had my 98 limited since i was 16. its got 237xxx on the...
  2. D

removing the exhaust to pull the trans?

how far does the trans have to come back before its off the shaft? i took the transfer case off and now im hitting the exhaust.
  3. D

yea i have a trans jack but theres not really anyway that i can tilt the transfer case down so that it will clear the gas tank.
  4. D

well i finally got the fitting off with a screwdriver. for those of you who didnt take the exhaust off did you pull the tranfer case off?
  5. D

should the sleeve have a crack in it or is mine broken?
  6. D

ok well i think i can get it around the exhaust but now the hydraulic disconnect isnt coming apart. i have the disconnect tool but it just keeps bending. any tips for that?
  7. D

i have a 91 that the clutch went out in and i read that part of the exhaust needs to come of to drop the trans but with a 3 in. body lift do i still have to remove the exhaust? thanks.
  8. D

4hi/4low lights blinking?

my 4hi and 4low lights are blinking at the same time and i know its not a good thing but what is it trying to tell me?
  9. D

mudding in MD?

sweet thanks for the help.
  10. D

mudding in MD?

Just axles for now I dont have any sort of lift yet. I'm not against rocks I'd be happy to give them a try. It's just the small mud pit behind my friend's house and the field near his house are starting to get a little boring.
  11. D

mudding in MD?

Hi I'm sorta new to the mudding thing and i dont know of any places besides behind my friends house for mudding. does anyone know of any places in the carroll county and surrounding areas? thanks, Stuart Rodgers, #77
  12. D

New to the scene

I think I'm gona go with the AAL's because of towing. How much do they normally cost and how hard are they to put it? Also where can I buy them? The sites I looked on either didn't have them at all or didn't have them for my truck. Thanks.
  13. D

New to the scene

Haha thanks. Theres more mud on the windows but it's just tiny drops and you can't see it in the pic. And the mud was gone the next day i like to keep it clean too but i think i looks good with mud as well.
  14. D

New to the scene

Hi I purchased a '98 limited explorer back in August and have been reading here for a while and just bought some tires for it. I'm looking to add exhaust (flowmasters), a body lift (maybe 3 inch?), and add-a-leafs or shackles but I'm sorta leaning towards the add-a leafs. I'm very open to...
Back