Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

The fix for the chain rattle of death (4.0 sohc)

Bah you need to yank it out. Both the oil pump tensioner and the rear cassette was broken.
  2. P

Quebec Owner!!!!

Granby beach. :D
  3. P

Stuck spark plug.

No timing belts , its all chains.
  4. P

Picture request of the 4.0 engine (02+)

bump for a vital information , if its a scketch like a Helms book picture , will do as well.
  5. P

Picture request of the 4.0 engine (02+)

I want to take a look of the engine on pictures , im specially interested into the timing chains (all of them) , Im about to do the infamous job and I want to know where are the chains. Are the 2 cam chains in the front? Cause my rattle is comming from the back. thanks
  6. P

upper control arms options with RB lift

First mine is a 4x4 , second , yes the ride is harsher with those - specially up front. And on mine the rear wheels are perfect , straight and everything. Its the front camber which is a problem (on mine) , even with the camber adjustment to the max , the top of the hub still rubbed on the...
  7. P

Oh nice , im in Granby , pretty close. Yes i have bought some tubings and im currently designing it in a way to use energy susp bushings and the stock ball joint , ill keep you guys posted.
  8. P

My wife told me the same thing :thumbdwn: But it aint happening , if I cant buy those , I'll make them. I have built a complete exhaust system with headers on my SHO from scratch , if you thinks a little control arm scares me....HA!
  9. P

Yes Got it , I already saw your setup and I think it's sweet , But I want to know all options available for me. Price is also kinda important for me at this period of time. Lets keep in touch. Anyone else wants to chime in?
  10. P

I got one of the early set of RB lift 3" or 3"1/2 Now the front wheels are camber fubbared , the top of the wheel is way in , even with the upper control arm set at maximum adjustment (alignment holes with shim , well the shim is gone.) Plus the 2 bushings at the end of the arm dont seems to...
  11. P

New here , Differential Questions.

Not the same , for the whole diff at least , the EX uses an IRS diff like the cobra , while the sport track uses a solid diff. The componants inside might be the same though , if its a 8.8.
  12. P

Whats this rear end linkage , and where you get them?

OK Im talking about this rear end link that looks like a tie rod connected with a 2 feet rod. The "tie rod" has some loose and it and it may have caused my rear wheel bearing to fail prematurely. Now that I have replaced the rear bearing (56$ later @ rockauto) , the noise is gone but some...
  13. P

02 Ex XLT Front diff questions

Alright , thanks :thumbsup:
  14. P

02 Ex XLT Front diff questions

Hi , here are my Qs: I got a recently rebuilt rear end 3.73 IRS limited slip. But I want to redo the front , whats in the front , 8.8? Do I order the 8.8 rear kit and will fit? Does it have clutches in the front as well? Does anyone have the exploded view of the whole unit? I heard...
  15. P

2002 4x4 problems

No idea , but on mine , the light AND the 4x4 physicly never came on... Check on the gravel if only the rear wheels turns when you put the pedal to the metal.
  16. P

2002 4x4 problems

Its real easy , drop the glove box to be upside down (force out the rubber stoppers) and its right in your face , once you will have the part in hands , you will know what to look for, but its in your face anyway. All it takes its a 1/4 ratchet with a small socket (cant remember the size , its...
  17. P

RoadBully's 3" lift kit before and after.

The real name is Canadian Tire , some may call it Crappy tire , Cacan tire and so forth. Its really big over here: www.canadiantire.ca , its like a car parts/tools/hardware store , it also has some sports stuff including fishing/camping/hunting stuff.
  18. P

Yup I had a special buy one the second is half priced. (which is like buy 3 get one free). They are in special like once each 2-3 weeks. BTW mine are LT's , we have a new law here about winter tires (mandatory) but it doesnt apply to LT's , so I went that way. :salute:
  19. P

Yes its seems to be really level just by looking at it. But I got brand new rear springs too , maybe they with settle a bit.. Nada. Me and my friend did this in my garage , air tools are definatly req'ed. Took us about 6 hours with the installation of the rear springs with ultra cheap coil...
  20. P

Thanks guys , 265's for winter here is overkill , narrower the better.
  21. P

This is the 3 - 2.5" from RB (the max you can get.) on 225/75/16. Maybe some bigger tires and/or spacers would help but thats it for now. Both my rear coils were broken , so I replaced them while doing the lift. Before: After : Thanks RB , I gotta say it's not that...
  22. P

Summit , is this a BS lift kit?

Ahh roger , is this a new product?
  23. P

Summit , is this a BS lift kit?

Is this for real? http://store.summitracing.com:80/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=RAN%2DRS999780&N=700+400211+4294908331+4294907830+4294924642+115&autoview=sku And why 02-03 only?? discuss.
  24. P

Why are there so many rear diff bearing failures on the 2002-up Explorers?

I believe Expeditions has solid rear axle. But the internals might be the same (bearings/gears/clutches).
Back