Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Tone Ring

Who said that the tone ring is a relative inexpensive part and the total parts and labor should be in the neighborhood of $300? Just curious who the point of reference is coming from...
  2. J

Wind tunnel in cold air intake

Make sure all of the intake tube clamps are tightened.
  3. J

Tire Jack Warning

Too late. :) That does look a bit wimpy though...
  4. J

Tire Jack Warning

Any pics of the jack? Curious what exactly it did...
  5. J

Where is the cd load button????

Not this one?
  6. J

300k club

Agreed- run it! :thumbsup:
  7. J

Rust!!

Looking good! :thumbsup:
  8. J

Anybody like this one?

I didn't notice the front lip of the hood before. That along with the gap on the front bumper and the paint- yeah, no.
  9. J

K&N Intake

Interesting info indeed... Thanks for posting your thoughts and results. Very helpful... :thumbsup:
  10. J

MFT Suggestion (Admins)

Yeah, but even if you started a new one, it would clutter up just like the other one... :D
  11. J

New to the forum

:wavey:
  12. J

Anybody like this one?

@jrem- If you really do want a clean rust free Ex, for real- hook up with an EF member down south and find something original. There is just something about that truck that isn't right. Don't get snared in just because it's sort of close. Something. just. isn't. right... Sixth sense, man...
  13. J

K&N Intake

Any MPG info?
  14. J

Anybody like this one?

Sounds to me like no matter what opinions are, you're buying this one... Best of luck! (really) :)
  15. J

Cruise control won't work.

Does the horn work? If not, check the yellow fuse under the hood. If the fuse is ok, either something is unhooked under the hood, or the clockspring is bad in the steering wheel. Is the brake switch plugged in on the master cylinder? Possibility the switch is bad after the swap.
  16. J

new camo job on my 05 escape

Pic deserved! Nice Escape!! Love that camo- it's different, because it's not the entire vehicle. Very cool... :thumbsup:
  17. J

Anybody like this one?

I did, but I only had one person email me about mine... lol
  18. J

Anybody like this one?

Not if it isn't reported to carfax. Carfax isn't the be-all, end-all. Lots of stuff never gets reported to Carfax. I mean, if you want it, by all means- it is a nice truck. But, with as many Explorers there are out there for sale, why take the chance on issues when it's not a smoking deal to...
  19. J

Anybody like this one?

Yup, too high. :) The stripe is wrong too. They either ended at the tailgate, swept up the D-pillar on the Eddie Bauer: ...or down around the taillights on the gate on the Limited. It's been re-striped... Tires are mismatched too. Carfax isn't infallible, they even had to put in...
  20. J

Anybody like this one?

Nope- it says "does not show any signs of collision damage" but the pinstripe goes all the way around the back, and the V8 emblems are way too high. I think the whole truck has been repainted.
  21. J

rear hatch

Only in 2003. 98-01 4 door and 98-00 Sport are the same hatch, aside from the bottom trim if equipped.
  22. J

Parts Cleaner in engine????

I think the Motor Flush in the silver can is nothing more than kerosene anyhow... at least that's how I remember it smelling back in the 90's... :D This stuff:
Back