Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Andy96XLT

2004 explorer OD light blinking

Hi all, Haven't been here in a while but having an issue with my parents 04 Eddie Bauer with the V6. My parents were driving along and all of a sudden the od light started flashing and they lost power. They were able to get home and I checked it out the next day but the od light wasn't flashing...
  2. Andy96XLT

2004 Explorer 4.0 Idle air control question

Thanks everyone! and thank you for changing the title. I reset the code and let it run for about 300 miles and it hasn't come back so for the moment I'm leaving it alone. If it comes back I will go through and thoroughly clean everything with the correct cleaner.
  3. Andy96XLT

Great. Thanks for the videos. I don't hear a vacuum leak anywhere so i'll try cleaning out the throttle body. I also did some research and some people said it could be the MAF is dirty... does that sounds possible?
  4. Andy96XLT

Looks like my car is from the future... whoops. 2004 would be the correct year :)
  5. Andy96XLT

Hi All, Long time no talk. This I think is the first time I'm writing in this forum as I used to hang out in the 95-02 forum but recently moved up to an 04 EB with the 4.0. I had a quick question though, I had the check engine/service engine/ MIL go on today and the code was P0506 Idle air...
  6. Andy96XLT

power steering issue

I have the tires off now and the upper ball joints look to be completely shot. The rubber is almost completely dry rotted and cracked all around on both sides. Although I am sure it has been like this for awhile so im leary to think that this is what is causing this problem all of a sudden. All...
  7. Andy96XLT

power steering issue

I was doing some research and reading and it seems that a lot of times when the wheel won't go back to center automatically it is an alignment or ball joint issue. Anyone ever had this problem?? Ball joints I could do myself (probably) and are not super expensive. Thanks.
  8. Andy96XLT

power steering issue

Hey everyone, A week or so ago i noticed that my power steering was real stiff. I figured the fluid was low so i checked it and it was fine although very dirty. I drove it for a bit but the problem persisted so tonight i replaced the power steering pump. I was sure this was going to be it...
  9. Andy96XLT

cat converter question

Saw the thread--That does not answer my question. It is telling me that there are 3 or 4 on a 97, there are not on mine. There are just downpipes and the two. Is this special for 96 model year. If you look at post 7 with the pictures the one with the downpipes shows cats. Mine does not have it
  10. Andy96XLT

Lagging feeling and weird smell

Well I just went out and got a new plug and replaced it and the misfire is gone completely and when I took the car out for a test drive the lagging feeling was completely gone and there was no longer a smell... I guess the smell was just the unburnt fuel hitting the cats but it didn't destroy...
  11. Andy96XLT

cat converter question

I think I have narrowed down my car problem to a really bad misfire which ended up destroying my cats. I am about to address the misfire issue but after searching through this site I am having issues with the cats. I read on here that 2nd gens have 3 or 4 catalytic converters. My issues is that...
  12. Andy96XLT

I took the car out again around the block and the car shakes like if there is a misfire when the car is in drive or reverse but not if the car is in park or neutral. Also there is definitely a smell of some sort. Transmission??
  13. Andy96XLT

Today I went to take my explorer to work and when I got on the highway I immediately felt a lagging feeling. I couldn't completely put my finger on it but something was not right. a few seconds later the check engine light started flashing. I turned around and drove home, opened the hood and...
  14. Andy96XLT

AC compressor is giving me problems

nevermind, replaced a relay and all seems good now... go figure its always something simple...
  15. Andy96XLT

anyone... anyone?
  16. Andy96XLT

Hey everyone, I went to recharge my AC yesterday and notice that the compressor clutch was cycling on and off while the AC was at max cool, (makes sense, the cycling should mean I needed to recharge.) I then tried to recharge the AC and the clutch wouldn't cycle on at all. I replaced the...
  17. Andy96XLT

AC issues

nobody else had this problem??
  18. Andy96XLT

AC issues

Hey everyone, I went to recharge my AC yesterday and notice that the compressor clutch was cycling on and off while the AC was at max cool. I then tried to recharge the AC and the clutch wouldn't cycle on at all. I replaced the compressor because I randomly had another one lying around...
  19. Andy96XLT

Used t-case - cost?

In the end if you want to try a new computer I have an SOHC auto computer sitting in my garage for just such an occasion. I believe it was out of a 97, I have the vin number to check
  20. Andy96XLT

My $3300 visit to the dealership

Vespia's in raritan/somerville is pretty good and their prices aren't bad, ask to speak with Jeremy, he knows what he is doing. There is also allen and son in Branchburg on 202, they are very good but aren't the cheapest. Those are the places my parents used to bring their cars until I got old...
  21. Andy96XLT

Just a couple pics I thought you would enjoy

yea I was the only vehicle that close. Because of the size of the balloon they had one of the drag lines attached to my hitch ha
  22. Andy96XLT

Just a couple pics I thought you would enjoy

I am uploading these about 3 months after I took them, but I figured people would still be interested in them. These were taking when I was working a balloon festival that we have near my house every year. I was lucky enough to crew for the Flag ha.
  23. Andy96XLT

My $3300 visit to the dealership

liccardi? Where are you located? I am just down the road in the somerville area if you ever need help with anything and don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money:D
  24. Andy96XLT

96 frame the same as a 99?

no one?:(
  25. Andy96XLT

96 frame the same as a 99?

Hey everyone, I need to get a new front hitch for my explorer. I custom made my old one but its not holding up as well as I want it to so I just want to buy one. The issue is that they don't make a front hitch for a 96 explorer. They do however make one for a 99. I thought they had the same...
Back