Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Here it is! My BII!

Well so far it looks like my old girl. Have any interior pictures? Rear bumper pictures? It's pretty cool seeing what has been done to it. It's strange that I sold it to someone who lived way up north and yet you bought it from west allis which is real close to where I moved.
  2. S

Here it is! My BII!

Hu, where do you live? I'd be interested in seeing the bii if you are not too far away.
  3. S

Here it is! My BII!

Hey hu_u, I'd be really interested in seeing pictures. I still sometimes wonder " what if I never sold that truck". I stuck a lot of blood and sweat into this when I still owned it years ago. Crazy how where owners were all able to find and use the same forum. Lol.
  4. S

Here it is! My BII!

Rush sale Kind of in a hurry to sell this now. If sold before noon on saturday 3/26 i will sell the truck and all the parts that go with it for $1750 Spread the word.
  5. S

Here it is! My BII!

Oh, and because i just bought a new truck!!! Yesterday.
  6. S

Here it is! My BII!

A couple reasons: One, its just asstes sitting not being utilized. Money that could be used other places that would be much more benificial. Two, I dont have time to work on it any more. With my new job I have very little time to do anything with it. Three, and probably one of the...
  7. S

Here it is! My BII!

Now, it has been a while since i have been on here, and the main reason i came back on is to do the unfortunate...... plain and simple.... The BII is for sale..... $2,000 as is, with all the other stuff that goes along with it. Firm. http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/2241242358.html...
  8. S

Here it is! My BII!

Sorry guys, have not been on here in months. The first gen is way easier because its WAY less wires. no need for the dash, no need for the firewall, basically just pull out the old engine, splice some wires, and go. There are tons of threads on the fourms about doing a first gen swap. Any...
  9. S

Here it is! My BII!

No updates as of yet. the only thing i have done is replaced one of the rear quarter windows. Money is the limitation now. The engine runs like a top, and it has so much power. (at least compared to the old pooch of a 2.8. If your doing this swap with this year of vehicle make sure you have...
  10. S

N E 1 from Wisconsin ?

Hey, do you know of anywhere close to oshkosh to do any wheeling? anything off the road? where up there do you live? im right on the lake off of bowen. I drive the white and blue Bronco II with 31's that bombs around town. i have a thread with all my work on it, check it out some time.
  11. S

Here it is! My BII!

Oh man, shipping should not be that bad. Maybe $90. I might have to look into that. Do you know anything else about the transmission? I actually did keep the 8.0 from the second gen. With discs. I just have not put it in yet. im waiting until i get the transmission, then ill do the...
  12. S

VIN Question.

Think i figured it out for anyone that is wondering the same thing. What needs to be done is that the state patrol in wisconsin has to come do what is called a confidential vehicle inspection. Both titles from the vehicles has to be sent in (or in my case one title and one bill of sale) then...
  13. S

Here it is! My BII!

I think the next set of pictures is going to be the transmission install to go to an automatic. That or the axle swap. I now have a 8.8 and a Dana 35 ttb to put in. There is also a 4" lift that will go in when i do this. Yeah your telling me, it was tough, but it looks sweet and the...
  14. S

VIN Question.

So i was sitting here thinking today.... When i did the engine/dash swap into my BII from the explorer the VIN that is now on the dash belongs to the Explorer. I still have the old Dash with the Vin tag on it but it is not legal to just swap Numbers. Does anyone know what i am to do with...
  15. S

Bronco II engine swap 2.8L - 4.0L.

Hey mrkiffy, I just got done doing the 4.0 swap into my 85 BII. You can check out my entire project at this link. Here is My BII But here is the thing with my swap. IM CRAZY. Most people try and stick with a 91-94 4.0 because it is easier and less intense. With anything newer than a...
  16. S

Will this lift work on my BII

I found a lift kit for cheap, it is used, but nothing is wrong with it. They guy just switched to SAS from TBB. So it is a lift kit for a 91-94 Explorer. Includes Axle drop brackets, radius arm drop brackets, springs, shocks (will probably replace), and cam adjustment bolts, basically...
  17. S

No 4x4 Low

ha, thanks for the help anyways, hopefully i can eliminate these six wires now.
  18. S

Need help identifying circuts/wire colors and the components they go to. pictures

Bump I did the swap, truck runs great, but i still need to figure out these electrical problems. I have about 60 wires that come out of this plug that i need to figure out, some are hot, some are dead, i would like to figure out which ones can be caped off and which ones i want to use still...
  19. S

No 4x4 Low

Sorry to rob this thread, but i hoped you (dogfriend) could help me. I need a diagram with a list like this for my 95 ford explorer, but the problem is that the one i need is a little more complicated......... i need a list of what wires go to what for this plug..... its located here...
  20. S

Here it is! My BII!

Thanks, i think i have my cousin convinced to buy a BII. he will have one, i will have one, and i have two parts BII also, four into Two, cant wait.
  21. S

Here it is! My BII!

Blew the engine, swap time. So i blew the head gaskets on the BII two weeks ago, so had to do the swap before i had the transmission i wanted, but thats soon to come. So here are some pictures and descriptions of what was done. Started with removing hood, obviously. Air box and...
  22. S

1995 Explorer Service manual

BUMP need to get one of these soon. please help.
  23. S

1995 Explorer Service manual

I just did a 4.0 swap into my BII but i need to find a service manual for the explorer so i can sort out wiring problems. Does anyone know what is the best one or best place to get one? any help would be greatly appreciated. For pictures of the swap go to my BII thread. I need the service...
  24. S

Need help identifying circuts/wire colors and the components they go to. pictures

So this weekend im doing my engine swap into my BII since my engine now is blown. yay!! When i do this swap i am planning on using the engine, dash, engine wiring harness, engine bay wiring harness, and chassi wiring harness all from a 1995 ford explorer. Everything up front should be easy, the...
  25. S

How To: Remove the dash from a 2nd Gen!

Can anyone help me with this plug, i am putting the wiring from a 95 EX into my 85 BII. I need to know what color wire goes to what. The only wires i want to keep from this harness are like the speakers, the wires to the rear tail lights, the fuel pump and power seat wires.... Basically does...
Back