Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Transmission drain plug

you also check the transmission fluid level this way also.
  2. 0

Transmission drain plug

The third Gen I have uses a different drain plug. It has a removable piece in the middle that you hook up the adapter to so you can fill the transmission . No dipstick...
  3. 0

Transmission drain plug

Sweet! Thanks
  4. 0

Transmission drain plug

I need the nipple that goes in the drain plug so I can fill the transmission I checked the level and it is low. Does this do the same thing? I've never seen anyone on here talk about this part .
  5. 0

Transmission drain plug

I have done a search and been looking through threads for 45 minutes and haven't been able to find a part number or place to pick one up.
  6. 0

Transmission drain plug

What is the transmission drain plug filler adapter part number/size/where can I get one. Part store has no idea what I'm talking about. Any help would be appreciated.
  7. 0

A/c help!!!!

What would checking the highside pressure tell me?
  8. 0

A/c help!!!!

Thanks... How hard is this job? Any threads on here for this job?
  9. 0

A/c help!!!!

Looks like the AC compressor clutch is leaking at one of the bolts. To slapping noise is Air/r34 spitting out of that location when it engages. Is it as simple as changing a gasket?
  10. 0

A/c help!!!!

Lol, duh! You don't think i did that? Don't see anything. Still hear the noise... Belt doesn't slip.
  11. 0

A/c help!!!!

No not like the compressor. I was maybe thinking the belt...
  12. 0

A/c help!!!!

A/C was working fine. now when I step on the gas there is a slapping noise? Plus it's not blowing cold anymore. System was just charged and blowing cold but was not blowing cold yesterday.. Just moved to Phoenix....Help!!!!
  13. 0

Newsed trans code p1000

Got to use transmission installed and now I received a P 1000 code. Took it back to the shop and they said it would clear itself just keep driving it's trying to learn. Just keep driving and it will be fine is what they said. Is this true?
  14. 0

Stalling... Help!!!!

Thanks, I removed the relay and the defroster was fine. I recharged the AC the other day. But I still have the same problem. I will clean the IAC and EGR next hopefully that will solve the problem .
  15. 0

5r55w tcc/trans advice

Thank you!
  16. 0

5r55w tcc/trans advice

60 views and 0 replies?
  17. 0

5r55w tcc/trans advice

Thanks for all the input!
  18. 0

5r55w tcc/trans advice

Should I just do the torque converter? I have heard if you replace it on a engine with so many miles more problems will start to happen. Or could happen... What do you guys think? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  19. 0

5r55w tcc/trans advice

2002 Ford Explorer 4wd auto 248k miles on her. Have done a pan drop 2 yrs ago and replaced solenoid pack and fluids. After hitting some road debris 2 days ago which hit pretty hard on the undercarriage. I drove to my destination with no problem. When I got back in the my truck and begin to...
  20. 0

Stalling... Help!!!!

Where is this pigtail located so I can disconnect the AC ? I will clean Iac this weekend...
  21. 0

Liftgate Ajar Sensor

Roll the dimmer switch all the way down and click it off. Does this clear the message? The reason I say this is that I had the same problem. This cleared the message for me. If this works then you have a split wire in your driver-side door boot.
  22. 0

Stalling... Help!!!!

There is no check engine light. I did still check for codes though and there was not any. I did clean the MAF sensor and checked around the engine for any loose wires connections. I also checked the fuse box. As far as the EGR and the IAC. I haven't checked those. I don't think that would be...
  23. 0

Stalling... Help!!!!

When I turn on the defrost my RPMs start jumping from 500 to 1500 and then the truck will stall. When I am driving the car it is fine but when I stop at a light or stop sign is when it will stall. Any help, info and input will be appreciated thank you ...
  24. 0

Code pulled.. Now what?

If it wasnt the solenoid pack what was the problem?
Back