Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

For Sale 2000 North Face LPG Converted

I am open to 'sensible' offers if anyone is interested ;)
  2. T

For Sale 2000 North Face LPG Converted

Good Evening, I am selling my 2000(W) North Face LPG Converted 99000 miles in Metallic Green. MOT'd till March 2012. I have owned it since June 2008. Brilliant car in superb condition. Currently on private plate but will be changed to W635 UCE before sale Since I have owned it, this...
  3. T

End of my tether.... Please Help!!

Just the Upper
  4. T

End of my tether.... Please Help!!

Good evening Guys, I am in the UK with a 2000 Ford Explorer North Face. I am totally bamboozled with a lumpy idle and power loss problem. I have had the following done, HT Leads Plugs Valves checked Inlet manifold gasket Timing Chains Lambda/Hego Sensors Catalytic converters ECU...
  5. T

4.0l Engine loss of power. Garage has no idea.

Hi Chap, Speak to Justin at Explorer Parts UK 07921 823310 he is in Newport, South Wales, and I guarantee all your problems will be sorted. You could not wish to deal with a more competent, pleasant chap when it comes to Explorers. I travel from The Midlands 250 miles round trip, when ever I...
  6. T

Ecu repair needed 2000 north face

Hi, I have just had a misfire on cylinder bank 1 diagnosed as a problematic ECU. This has now been confirmed by using a donor 1997 ECU to run the car. I have sent my North face ECU to a repairer in the UK, who is struggling to test the module, and therefore is going to be unable to repair...
  7. T

Hi Rich, I didn,t actually , how do I access that area. Trev

Hi Rich, I didn,t actually , how do I access that area. Trev
  8. T

Front diff gasket problem - help !!!!

Hi Guys, Thankyou both for taking the time to reply, very grateful. I am not terribly technical and my request may have got lost in translation, but I will try and explain. The seals (or gaskets,) they are the same to us in the UK, on the front differential where the driveshafts on both sides...
  9. T

Explorer 'bogging Down' Help !!

Ended up being the inevitable timing. Recon engine with new timing gear and a £1000 quid later and everything is just fine again . Still worth it though.
  10. T

Front diff gasket problem - help !!!!

FORD EXPLORER 2000 4.0 V6 SOHC Hi Guys, Hope you can help. I am in the UK and the front diff. gaskets (each side onto the driveshafts) are leaking. FORD UK in their infinite wisdom have discontinued the offside gasket (Why oh why!!) I cannot find anyone in the UK who can supply me as an...
  11. T

A Mating hippo in the Airbox?????

Ended up being the inevitable timing. Recon engine with new timing gear and a £1000 quid later and everything is just fine again . Still worth it though.
  12. T

How can I check the fuel pressure and where is the location of fuel filter and fpr. Thanks. Trevor
  13. T

Please help !!!! My Explorer has suddenly lost all interest in power and developed a huge noise from the airbox area under acceleration. I have done the following to no avail New exhaust New Cats New O2 Sensors (2) New air Filter New Plugs Cleaned and changed Maf Cleaned EGR Cleaned...
  14. T

Explorer 'bogging Down' Help !!

Please help, can't rev above 3000rpm. :uk: Good afternoon Guys. I am new to this forum, but have found some of the readups extremely helpful. I have an 97 4.0 V6 Explorer, which suddenly about 2 weeks ago went from running superb to seriously bogging down and losing power. It runs but will...
Back