Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

:mattmoon: runs back to LvC

:mattmoon: runs back to LvC
  2. C

DPFE sensor melted

usually when ive seen a melted dpfe, there is a larger prob, like plugged cats/exhaust/etc, the exhaust needs to find the easiest way out, hence youre dpfe sensor. there is no vacc on the dpfe hoses its exhaust back psi, most dealers have the sensor and the hose in stock ($50~ish for the sensor...
  3. C

1998 Mountaineer V8: P0300 misfire code

also try spraying the wires with water from a spray bottle, it helps promote the arcing
  4. C

Blower continues to blow

+2 on the blower motor controller, same thing happened on my Lincoln with auto temp, it was on/off/high/low it was all over the damn place even with the heater turned off. its a expensive version of a "blower motor resistor" in a normal setup. and its not the heater control panel, just follow...
  5. C

Squeak from back of motor

or even easier, take off the belt and run the and for a sec or 2, see if it still squeeks
  6. C

2003 Sport, What is the hot in ACC/RUN, hot in RUN, and hot in Start wires?

hot in start is red with a black tracer pin 3 Hot in Run or Acc is white with a violet tracer pin 10 hot at all times is light green with violet pin 9 i would post the diagram but its a pdf file and i cant upload it to photobucket
  7. C

Water pump seal or weep hole location?? ( HELP)

the weep hole is like a 1/4" was there a cap where the thumb size hole is?
  8. C

How to pull an engine?

+1000 on label everything! but people seem to over, complicate it. eng removal 101, generic eng R&R things ive learned remove the battery there is usually a large wiring bulkhead connector, dont bother unhooking all the connectors on the eng LABEL VACUUM LINES and be careful they get...
  9. C

wiring problem-driving lights

heres some wiring diags, not sure if you have auto lamps or not so heres everything, even fog's the airbag wiring is usually in a yellow shroud (kinda like a big loose piece of heatshrink, and you dont wanna ground this (it allready has power, its switched on the ground side)
  10. C

yup
  11. C

Will Crown Vic Rotors Fit?

the bolt pattern is the same, but i think the depth of the "hat" is not, the crown vic rotors have a very deep hat and the explorers seem shallow
  12. C

Rain water leaking in from overhead console

i believe ford has a tsb for this that involves re-routing the rear sunroof drains, they angle slightlly upwards, so it overfills the track and leaks out of the overhead counsole, i had to do one and it SUCKED
  13. C

All you need to know about keyless entry

ok, beenwrong2002, cycle your key from off to run, 8 times ending in the run position, and your doors should lock/unlock, if they do then you can add a remote and mishawaka, read post 1 it tell you how to make your own code, but the factory code will allways remain
  14. C

Help! MOOG Lower Balljoint Greasing PoP!

i really hope your kidding....................right? :eek: if your not, dont do that, it will eventlly get water in it and go to hell quick, i agree with just driving it and it will work out
  15. C

Electrical Switch Question

prob just a unused connector, ford dosnt make a differant harnes for each option package. best bet is to look at the pins in the conector and make sure its unused, just look to see if its full of crap if so, just stick it somewhere out of the way
  16. C

most likelly, ford has a small issue with these, i see 3.0 12v tauruses weekely, if tou have a manual trans make sure its not the pilot bearing (see if the noise changes with the pedal), if not then theres your prob. how did everyone else time these? if they are out a little bit it will run ok...
  17. C

electric door lock

lol its chicken(8) but its ok, 97hmmmmmmmm here ya go, if it worked with the door in one poss,i put my money on the harness through the door jam
  18. C

electric door lock

what year ill throw out some diagrams
  19. C

Rear bumper with back-up sensors

mine has them OEM, painted bumper rusting around all the damn holes, not to mention the original owner backed into something and squished the lr corner
  20. C

Stalls right after starting

yup iac, and i believe its on the very top of the intake (under the cover)
  21. C

A few questions about a Mark VIII

yup i want i want, even all the right color (as mine:D)
  22. C

Fall Meet and Greet

south of rockford, next to byron (most seem to know where that is) on 72 at the other end of the world
  23. C

Fall Meet and Greet

i aint got much money (just bought explorer LOL) but if its cheep im in
  24. C

Do DPFE Sensor on a 97 Explorer?

k well my photobucket wont let me log in, but on my 00 5.0 (diff but i could show you where mine is)the DPFE is to the left (driverside) of the egr mounted to the back of the intake manafold all you see is a black rectangle with a gray 3 pin oval connector
  25. C

Fall Meet and Greet

poss when and where you thinkin?
Back