Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2002 Explorer XLT - CEL codes P0174 and P0775

I get two codes when I put a scan tool on. P0174 - System too lean Bank 2 P0775 - Pressure Control Solenoid "B" For P0174 I am planning to purchase 2 new O2 sensors for Bank 2, but with all the parts listed out on the web, which ones should I be looking for?? For P0775, I found out...
  2. S

Delayed Accessory not shutting down

I recently had some repairs done to the front end of my 2002 Explorer XLT 4.0 V6 4WD after a collision with a deer. The mechanics had to remove the battery in order to fix the damage to the front end. When I went to pick up my truck, I noticed that the unlock button on the key fob did not...
  3. S

O/D Off indicator light

Nope, didn't show any codes on the scan tool for this one.
  4. S

O/D Off indicator light

Is there a sensor somewhere that controls this? Can it be checked to make sure it is working correctly and not defective? A relay maybe? This is still really annoying. I actually clocked when it comes on - not when I start the engine, but after i drive between 2.5 and 3 miles. It will...
  5. S

2002 Explorer XLT Electrical Problems

Sometimes the answer is so obvious you miss it... I thought it may be a bad module, or relay, or even the broken wire mentioned iin this thread - I had read that in other threads. Anyway - it needed a new alternator. I took it to my regular mechanic and he found it. Everything is back...
  6. S

Thanks - that's where I will start. Looks like a project for this weekend coming up.
  7. S

The date on the VCL inside the driver's door is 02/02 (February 2, 2002??) That was a Saturday. Do those guys work on Saturdays?? Does that help?
  8. S

Where would I find that information?
  9. S

Could the security module itself be bad? Some posts on here also mention a "GEM" - what the heck is that and could that be my problem?
  10. S

I’ve searched these forums extensively and cannot find a situation like this one with all the problems happening at one time… Last night on my way home from work, I noticed the dash lights getting dimmer and dimmer and the battery indicator needle started dropping toward “L”. Eventually the...
  11. S

Lock not locking

I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but have you checked the battery in the remote?
  12. S

O/D Off indicator light

Hi all... I have the Overdrive Off option on my 2002 Explorer. Recently the O/D Off indicator light on the dash started flashing not blinking steadily, but more like a flickering on and off flash - very rapid. I took it into my mechanic and there is nothing wrong with the transmission...
  13. S

Question for anyone – 2002 Explorer Blend Door Actuator?

Good for you Jersey Devil. Are you by any chance the same Jersey Devil from backpacker.com??? The gears inside mine were also stripped. I couldn't find replacements, so I gave in and bought a new actuator motor from Ford. It is so great to have heat and defrosters again!! Steve
  14. S

Thank you – A/C Actuator Motor installed and working!

This was the one in the front dash behind and under the radio and heat/ac control panel. What a job to get in there!
  15. S

Thank you – A/C Actuator Motor installed and working!

Well, with a lot of patient guidance and help from folks on this forum, I finally installed a new Blend Door Actuator Motor and it’s WORKING. I now have heat and air conditioning from the dash, defroster, and floor vents. Total cost: $70 for the Actuator Motor $8 for a set of metric...
  16. S

no message - duplicate posting :confused:
  17. S

Replacement gears for AC Actuator

I have searched for two days on the 'net for replacements for the two intermediate spur gears located inside the AC Blend Door Actuator. Anyone have an idea where to go for these? Hardware and auto supply stores don't have 'em. I'll be stopping tonight at a hobby shop that specializes in R/C...
  18. S

FIX: Clicking Noise from the rear AC Box!

When I opened mine two of the gears were scraped smooth - my motor however, works fine. You wanna send me the gears from your actuator box? I'll reimburse postage... :) PM me for my address if you'll do it. Steve
  19. S

as I suspected... I got the actuator off. Popped the thing apart and found that the plastic (yes plastic - not metal) drive gears are stripped so it could not turn the blend door. The resistance of the blend door is enough to prevent the gears from meshing and turning the door from the cold to...
  20. S

2003 ford explore heater problem

Way to go! I agree - this forum is a great place to go for advice and information. Steve
  21. S

Thanks for the advice on the tools. Also about the actuator replacement and testing it out for a few days before putting it all back together. I really don't think there is anything wrong with the door itself at this point. Also - I still have the PM you sent to me about this and will let you...
  22. S

2002 XLT Catalytic Converter Noise

OK - found the cat underneath. Now to check the circuit - I looked up in my owners manual for the power disitribution box but don't know which of the fuses are for the O2 sensors circuit to see if the fuse is blown. Does anybody know which fuse I should be checking?
  23. S

Thanks. I appreciate your response. I'll just keep working on it. Need to get an 8mm and 7mm wrench though, All I have is the socket set and an adjustable that is way too big to get inside that opening to the actautor motor. At least it's great to have heat again. Driving home tonight in 33...
Back