Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Quick Disconnect.....YEA RIGHT!!!

The "tool" fits in fine and feels like it should be disconnecting the line, but it does not. Dont know what the problem is!
  2. R

Every place I have gone they are plastic. I also tried the metal "scissor" style of tool, and it did not help.
  3. R

I relieved the pressure, then I bought the little plastic things that are supposed to take the thing off, and I pressed them into the line as hard as I possibly could and it did nothing. Is there any real problem with just cutting them and replacing them with rubber line and clamps?
  4. R

OK, long story short. I can not get my fuel filter disconnected. Can I basically cut both side of the line and then replace it with some rubber replacement line and clamps when I install the new filter? This would surely save me that headache and rage that I am experiencing in not being able...
  5. R

MAF Sensor Problem... Possibly

OK, so its better, but still having the same issue. Under acceleration, u can hear the engine sucking up air, then the tone changes and it kind of shutters and loses power, then the regular engine sound returns and there is the good strong regular acceleration. Anyone got any ideas on what...
  6. R

Ordered the MAF Friday, and it actually was here today! Pretty awesome! Going to disconnect the battery and put it on tomorrow! I will update accordingly. My MAF was definitely messed up, now that I can compare it to the new one!!
  7. R

Need some advice on cleaning rims

Glad to help!! Pass it on!!! Did you have any luck with your window yet?
  8. R

Yea, except for the fact that it says with a X or E Vin and I have neither.
  9. R

If its a decal/etc. the best way to get it off is a razor blade and some window cleaner. If it is more like a vinyl then you can try heating it up (blow dryer, heat gun=be careful) then working the blade under an edge and pulling it back. Most cases u will end up using a razor blade and window...
  10. R

So was the a decal/vinyl/sticker at one point?
  11. R

Too be perfectly honest, Our steel wool came on a roll and I have no clue what the rating was. It was pretty fine, relatively soft to the touch and we cut it with tin snips. Do Not Use a Brillo Pad! haha
  12. R

Actually, what do you have on your windows that you want to take off?
  13. R

Steel wool works great on windows! Another thing learned at the stealership! It seems like it would scratch, but it does not. Just use window cleaner and some steel wool, then clean the windows like you normally would
  14. R

Purple Power all purpose degreaser is a good start. Can usually get it at Wal Mart. When I worked at the Ford Stealership, we actually used acid on really dirty rims! But, thats not readily available outside of a detail shop. Degreaser and a tire/wheel brush will do wonders. Spray the...
  15. R

Would this one work for my truck?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-MAF-MASS-AIR-FLOW-SENSOR-1999-2004-FORD-EXPLORER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem562d8cfaabQQitemZ370131401387QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
  16. R

Loud Clunk while going over a speed Bump...PROBLEM!!!

So, I would probably be ok to do what I need to do today after work then work on getting it off over the weekend? Just no high speed maneuvering haha
  17. R

Leave them off? Do you mean the sway bar links? Is that something that is safe? haha Not really to good with suspension and all that so I honestly have no clue haha
  18. R

Yea and am going after it with the bolt cutters, rotary tool and hacksaw tomorrow after work!! Its coming off!!!
  19. R

Got bolt cutters. Going to hopefully knock this out tomorrow when I get home from work. Hopefully, I can knock it out quick because I have somewhere to be. Going to need to jack up the truck and take the tire off to be able to get a good angle to cut it. Then I will put the tire back on...
  20. R

Guy said all they had were Moog in stock. Then he looked and they werent there! Manager confirmed it!
  21. R

Wanted to get Moog but they were sold out!
  22. R

IF I ever have to do this again, I am just cutting the S$^T out of them from the beginning! haha. Bolt Cutters, SawsAll, ChainSaw!!!! Whatever it takes!
  23. R

The plastic tube is stuck to the bolt, the bushings are stuck the the bolt and they are being kept in place by the tube!! Huge pain. When I repaired the side that was originally broken it was the same way, but this top bolt was what had broken off. So I just had to break one bushing free and...
  24. R

Yea what I thought, but they are all seezed together tight!! That is what is making this entire process I giant PITA!
  25. R

I will have to wait until my parents get back from Ravens training camp to borrow their car to go to home depot. They have a couple pairs for around $20, and it is one of those tools I always forget to pick up and always end up needing!!
Back