Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

1st pics of my sport trac

Looks good. The front end looks a lot like mine, except I have a different black grill and have different method of tinting the lower fogs lens. I like the hood graphic. I was thinking of doing that with mine, but put my plans on hold because I'm looking to trade the truck possibly for...
  2. M

I would recommend having them professionally sprayed by a body shop/painter. You would actually mix 10% black with 90% clear, then cut and buff out. As far as the hood graphic goes. I would really like to see better photo of it in detail. I've never heard of that coming from the ford...
  3. M

Int. light comes on with vibration (HELP)

Maybe this is NOT related, but I have experienced less than reliable operation of the overhead dome light switch. It is garbage and could come on with vibration.
  4. M

I like it for the most part, but the fogs look cloudy. Did you just spray tint them yourself? I also don't like the tail lights. I hope you don't get rear ended. Any better photos of the hood? Is that painted or vinyl graphics? Looks like their might be some lettering on it in the photos...
  5. M

New Shoes for my ST

did you know the owner of the other ST or just used his truck as a prop in some parking lot?
  6. M

2007 xlt fog lights

u sure this is an xlt?
  7. M

2007 xlt fog lights

Sounds like you got a base model. Every XLT ive ever seen came with the fogs stock. I would expect the fog harness to be there, but why don't you just stick your head under the bumper and look? Takes 1 minute.
  8. M

Loss Of Coolant

Glad to help someone out.
  9. M

Been kicking this idea around

Angle should be identical. Here is a Raptor so you can see the differences.
  10. M

Loss Of Coolant

Told ya! Didn't even charge you. I'm not physic, but this problem is so predictable FORD needs to open their eyes. This stupid defect also cost me money out of my pocket, and I WANT it back!
  11. M

Wheels & tires?

You bought a Street Truck.
  12. M

Loss Of Coolant

Check the Thermostat housing where it means the engine. I feel for ya, and I'm so sick of reading about these explorers having these cooling system problems. Ford just wants you to break out your checkbook instead of admitting it's a defect.
  13. M

Cannot Shift Out Of Park - Options?

It looks like the black piece of plastic sitting in front of the solenoid is mis-alighned, it almost appears to be floating there. I expected it to only move forward and back, but it appears to have some slop and move right when when the solenoid engages. To answer your question, the side...
  14. M

New Shoes for my ST

you got to bed? :) waiting to see this roof rack.
  15. M

Cannot Shift Out Of Park - Options?

You should manually disengage the solenoid so you have free ability to shift between the gears. If I am understanding the problem correctly....
  16. M

New Shoes for my ST

17x8 with what offset?
  17. M

I will surely post photos if I end up doing it. I want to collect more feedback from everyone before I attempt it. This pattern is quite a bit larger than the Raptor design. Originally I tried to restrict the graphics to the bed, but it didn't look right.
  18. M

I work a lot in graphics and have been thinking of making these in matte black vinyl for my Trac. If you like it say so, also if you don't I want to hear about it too. Just looking to get a conversation going and see if it's worth giving it try.
  19. M

Seat Covers in regards to Airbags

yep. it says AIRBAG on it. I will keep an eye out for seat covers that will allow use of them. I notice a lot of the ebay ones don't talk about this subject.
  20. M

Seat Covers in regards to Airbags

I have the light bone/creme colored interior, and I'm finding that I really don't like it. I try hard to keep it clean but it's near impossible. I have a friend who does upholstery, but mostly only custom and classic cars. Is there an airbag in the side of the seat someplace? I really...
  21. M

I can't find where the coolant is leaking.

good info about the 2 part thermo housing. I'm going to keep an eye on mine as well because I sometimes smell coolant, but I recently replaced the radiator (within last 7-10) days, so it might be nothing abnormal. Not loosing any coolant either from what I can see.
  22. M

Any trick to this??

Truck is used. Maybe it was in an accident and they replaced with a standard model door that had no keypad on piller. I have the 2008 model and it also has the keypad on the piller.
  23. M

2007 Sport Trac

If you find ourself needing a new one I may part with mine since it's not installed in the truck.
  24. M

Any trick to this??

sounds like a bunch of fooey to me.
  25. M

Sport Trac Dead - so lets talk resale value

I am considering a trade in to purchase the 2011 FX4 F150. My rep at Ford said the Sport Trac and Ranger are both dead in the water, but the Ranger is still finishing out its production cycle for this year. Both with be replaced by a single midsize truck to compete with other trucks in same...
Back