Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

cant find torx flywheel bolt

i have a 97 ford explorer with 5 speed mazda transmission.there are 8 torx flywheel bolts i tried autozone,napa,advanced oreillys,and ford online. they have the bolts for a 5.0 which has 6 bolts. im getting really pissed. can anyone shed some light on this issue?
  2. I

throw out bearing question

i have a 97 Ford Explorer with manual transmission.I am replacing the slave cylinder and shopping for a clutch kit.The slave cylinder comes with a throw out bearing. Do clutch kits also come with a throw out bearing. I would hate to buy the same part twice just to save a few bucks
  3. I

purge valve

sorry i had to edit profile . i have a 97 Explorer XL . the canister was actually twin canisters . was the item attached a purge valve . i had an after market purge valve and it did not look the same . i saw another post that said it was near the intake manifold
  4. I

purge valve

i have a 97 ford explorer . i cant seem to find where the purge valve is . i thought it was near the charcoal canister just above the spare tire
  5. I

Check engine light

what will resolve the problem . will installing a purge valve solve the problem
  6. I

Check engine light

i have a 97ohc explorer with po455 long engine leak code . runs fine . what will clear the code
Back