Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Mickelsons

Body bolt questions???

I second Anime
  2. Mickelsons

Where to buy DOM or 2x3 steel for sliders/bumpers

I have the same ones on my F-350, but have been unable to find them for my explorer, I found them once, but they were sold out. I have not been stoped with the f-350 yet...Knock on wood... Do you know of a place that still has the explorer lenses?
  3. Mickelsons

That's a cool looking bumper. also, where did you get those tail lights?
  4. Mickelsons

yes, please post some finished pictures.
  5. Mickelsons

Minimal lift for 34x10.50x15?

I have never heard of 34X10.5 who makes those?
  6. Mickelsons

I know this is an old thread, but did you ever get these done, i would love to see some pictures of it complete.
  7. Mickelsons

prefered 6" lift

Thanks, i was just looking at your Bronco, I have one I was thinking about building, but one thing at a time. I guess I am going to have to call around and see what I can find for prices on this lift now.
  8. Mickelsons

prefered 6" lift

Cool, Now I notice that SkyJacker has a different part number for the Bronco II and the Ranger, any idea what the difference is and if one will fit on the Explorer better than the other?
  9. Mickelsons

prefered 6" lift

Thanks, I remember reading somewhere that the skyjacker was superior, but not sure why.
  10. Mickelsons

prefered 6" lift

OK, to start i know somebody is going to say just search, but i have been searching and can't find the information that I know is here somewhere. I have decided to put a 6" (or so) lift on my '91 explorer, I am planning on doing a SOA on the rear and just need to decide on what the best bang...
  11. Mickelsons

Started My SOA

Still looking for some pictures of your set up, i am interested in how you installed your rear shocks.
  12. Mickelsons

Blown Headlights

I have never seen separate fuses for high and low beam. I would suspect the bulbs or the dimmer switch. unplug one of the lights and test with a volt meter to see if it is the bulb or the dimmer switch.
  13. Mickelsons

Heated Mirrors

Sounds good, I may take a trip to U-pull-it this weekend and see what they have there, I need to get a couple of odds and ends anyway.
  14. Mickelsons

Heated Mirrors

I will take your word for it. I think I will order some in a few weeks, the ones I have now need to be painted since they are all faded out, so I may as well up grade them while I am at it. Thanks for the information!
  15. Mickelsons

Heated Mirrors

Thanks for all the information!
  16. Mickelsons

Heated Mirrors

Gloomis, the mirrors you put on bolted up normally and fit ok? the wiring is the simple part, I just want to make sure they will line up with the body lines and attach.
  17. Mickelsons

Heated Mirrors

I thought I read somewhere that 2nd or 3rd generations would bolt up, but I have not been able to confirm that. I was hoping someone on here had done it.
  18. Mickelsons

Heated Mirrors

I did a search with no avail, but I thought I saw something about this awhile back, did any 1st generations come with heated exterior mirrors, or turn signals mounted in the mirrors? If not do any of the newer models fit on the first gens? Thanks,
  19. Mickelsons

8 mpg

I get 13-14MPG around town, with 30X9.50 tires and 3.73 gears, I wish it was better, but I do have a heavy foot most of the time.
  20. Mickelsons

new 33x10.50 tires!!

looks good, I would like to see some pictures with your winch bumper. I am thinking about the 6" lift and those same times.
  21. Mickelsons

Where do I find these clear tail lights?

I would like to find a clear lens for the third brake light too, anyone ever seen any of them?
  22. Mickelsons

Where do I find these clear tail lights?

I have been looking for a set for quite some time now myself, and the one place that said they had them were sold out when I went to order them.
  23. Mickelsons

93 XLT Problems Please help

I had a noise that sounded like something rubbing up front, and a shake also, found out the rear drivelive U-joint was seized up, you could not feel that it was bad until I removed the driveline from the truck, I would suggest jacking it up and making sure the noise is coming from the front.
  24. Mickelsons

Started My SOA

Got any pictures yet?
  25. Mickelsons

rear driveshaft disconnected; front drive

it will be kind of hard to drive forward and backwards with it in 2 wheel drive and no rear drive line. I would suggest after you hook to your tow vehicle have some one watch the front drive line and make sure it is not turning, if it is back up the tow vehicle just enough to have the hubs...
Back