Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

4x4 wont enguage

so i tried everything new shift motor wheel bearings hub assembleys axels are good when you put the truck into 4 low the rear end is in low but wont spin the tires its a 97 X and its not run off vacume cause i looked like ten time lol now some one told me that there is an...
  2. C

To trade or not to trade?

trade/trade id say keep the explorer and just go get a utility trailer then you got the X and atrailer to haul your stuff around
  3. C

oil light is on

oil light your motor you have is a 4.0 ohv' over head valve'
  4. C

where can i get them

hey fellas i been looken around here where i live at all the auto parts stores and cant seem to get any shackels higher then 1.25" can some one point me in the rite direction with a # i can call to order them or do i have to get them for a different truck to get the highth? please...
  5. C

2002 XLT Day Time Runing Lights

light prolbem check in the front under the bumber driver side thats where its located on my 97
  6. C

question

when doing a torsion twist there are 2 nuts and all you have to do is tighten them rite? and the front tires are off or on the ground? and thats it?
  7. C

Where to splice in Tranny Cooler?

cooler i also have a 97 X with a tranny cooler and mine is located in front of the rad on the passenger side more to the middle of the rad
  8. C

1991 explorer wo'nt start

wont start will it turn over at all if it does check your fuel pressure mabey might be the fuel pump
  9. C

Should my Explorer be able to burn some rubber?

nutrual drop it i bet that would spin the tires not good for the rest of the truck but hey you wanted to burn rubber
  10. C

98 Ranger Fuel Filter

fuel filter if you decide to change it yourself you will prolbey need the specialty too to relese the clips that hold it i needed it for my 97 x just a lil tip
  11. C

starter

will a starter of a 96 ohv fit a 97 sohc i know the fuel tank and pump does cause i just put one in but will the starter????????????
  12. C

Anyone ever join lift shackles with stock ones?

might work if you weld them and reinforce them but still i wouldnet trust them
  13. C

fuel pump

yeah i did that turned the key a few times and still nothing so iam going today and getting a fuel pump with one from a 95 or 96 fit i was going to take the whole tank . i guess that my last option if all my fuses are good must be the fuel pump? lol
  14. C

fuel pump

check it where under the hood or cause when the key is on and i check it on the lil valve under the hood there is nothing
  15. C

fuel pump

97 x sohc i dont know if its the fuel pump or not. a few days before it wouldnt start it would stall then re-start and take longer to start then the other day wont start.so i figured it was the fuel pump, so i dropped the tank took the fuel pump out and powered it up it did come on but...
  16. C

another prolbem

i have a 97 x sohc the prolbem is my dome light stays on so i took the buld out but my power windows will go up er down with no key in the truck and it was killing my battery so after i took the fuse out the dash lights, horn,wipersand windows all dont work. are they all on that one fuse...
  17. C

help

my 97 x wont go into 4x4 with the wheels on the ground it wont at all but if i put it up all 4 tires off the ground it will enguage but the thing is i can stop the front tires with my hand its like it wants to but wont fully enguage i checked everything on it the electric shift motor...
  18. C

How to: 2nd Gen 4wd Troubleshooting Guide

came to a conclusion i checked everything on the truck had it up on blocks today and id say its a vacuum leak cause i hear a hissing noise where do i find the vacuum lines at lol any help ? thanks
  19. C

5 speed 4x4 question

help help help !!!!!! this is prolbey in the wrong spot sry i have a 97 x with the sohc, iam haven trubble with the 4x4 on it it has the setting auto 4high 4 low so when i put into 4 low i hear it enguage it says in the dash its in even when ya drive it its in a lower gear but the...
  20. C

Help With 4x4

4x4 prolbems well i was just out and tryed to enguage the x and it went in 4x4 so i took it out and tried again and nothing mabey that will help some one narrow it down to whats causeing the prolbem thanks
  21. C

Help With 4x4

wont enguage i have a 97 xlt 4.0 sohc that wont enguage the 4x4 when i turn the switch i hear the transfer case sounds like to me its enguaging but it doesent any ideas where to start with this prolbem any help would be great p.s the truck has the auto 4high 4low setting thanks
  22. C

Changing Differential Fluids

rear end anyone have any pic's of changeing the rear and fluid let me know or just post them for me thanks guys
  23. C

Help Help Help!!!

wireing my fav site is www.12volt.com gives you all the answers try it it will help
  24. C

tire help?

tires yes they can fit i have the same size along with alot of ppl on here and mine done rub or nothing my truck is stock no lift
  25. C

Some pics for your viewing pleasure.

just a question is the 5.0 explorer much faster then the 4.0 sohc?
Back