Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. pauley

94 xlt Runs like it is missing I need Help ASAP

Could just rebuild the one you have it will most likely cost less. Hope the plug works out for ya.
  2. pauley

94 xlt Runs like it is missing I need Help ASAP

im guessing the rough idle your getting is due to the lower compression on the 4 cylinders you added oil to. my 93 xlt acted the same way when I had 2 cylinders down on compression due to a leaking head gasket. the part about being down on power may or may not be another issue. to be honest...
  3. pauley

31 Inch Tires on stock 93 Explorer.

id lift it personally i almost guarantee that its not going to fit right without cutting.
  4. pauley

96 Explorer wont start when hot

dose it crank over?
  5. pauley

Chevy LS swap?

i know that dakota digital makes a signal converter to make the speedos work. its kinda a universal thing we have one in a ls1 rx7 we built. also for oil pressure you can just adapt the stock pressure switch from the ford to the ls1 and feed wires into the gauge. the first thing you need are...
  6. pauley

remanufactured engine?

i would honestly seek another quote from another shop. because i know that bill should be considerably less than 12k. i cant believe that ford wants to charge you that much.
  7. pauley

headers???

i put a ls1 in my buddies rx7 and we had the same issues. solved it by getting custom long tubes made by a local drag racer. if you can find some one. stuff the engine in the truck. trailer it to the guys shop and you will have the best fitting/performing header possible. it is a bit pricey but...
  8. pauley

At a total loss, need some help/advice

being that you have already talked to ford on the issue the best thing i could see here is just have ford diagnose it. i mean they see these things every day chances are they are going to know what the issue is with in 1hr of pulling it into the service bay. then based on what they find take...
  9. pauley

04 Mountaineer Premeir - Tires spinning on wet and dry pavement

im willing to bet something in the awd system was stuck and then let go. the binding and chirping is what most cars do in 4 wheel drive. now that the rear tires spin and the noise is gone im guessing the 4x4 system is not operational.
  10. pauley

really need some help with my 05

you may want to check the operating fuel pressure while driving. (hook up guage and tape guage to windshield). thats where id start for now. not sure what cylinder g is unless its a typo.
  11. pauley

so im a stupid..

great news (a little late but none the less good news) LKQ took the trans back on return and credited the whole amount to the trans i needed. the 02 trans costs more but id say it was a good out come.
  12. pauley

so im a stupid..

Do I guess I'm going over to the classifieds
  13. pauley

so im a stupid..

so as stated above Im a idiot. I have purchased a 02 explorer with knowledge that it needed a trans. unfortunately i thought it was a 01 until recently and ordered a trans for a 01. so my question is can i use it any ways. I don't think they are the same according to my vin plaque i have a R...
  14. pauley

Reverse Off Road Lights

on things like this i alwayse like to use a switch to a relay then using the relay to power the lights. keeps the switch from over heating. just my .2
  15. pauley

Should I buy an Explorer if so which one?

agreed but the prices on those can be astonishing because of the Denali package. whatever all that includes. but besides the before mentioned hubs i love the gm suv's also love explorers and dodges. i guess i just like trucks. i suggest getting out and driving some and deciding whats the best...
  16. pauley

ive done a few front hubs. not terrible after you've done a few but yes the first couple of times your going to get your knuckles busted on em. lol, haven't experienced the expedition personally at all. buddy of mine has a excursion with the power stroke. that thing is the cats ass. more space...
  17. pauley

honestly for what you described to me you may want to look towards a suburban or a taho or even a Yukon. nothing against the ford i love explorers but family of 4 with towing and storage needs. i think you may need something bigger then a explorer. just my .02. I've owned a hemi Durango as well...
  18. pauley

2002 Sport Trac SAS

that rig looks damn good. i miss my truck so damn much
  19. pauley

pulsation

sounds like rear rotors should do the trick.
  20. pauley

My X's ABS almost made me crash!

I just unhooked my rear abs sensor. (truck has rear abs only) i drove three winters before selling my ex. if it continues to be a issue i would un plug it and let your personal skills take over. un like a car you can make decisions based on what the situation requires. your ex can only do what...
  21. pauley

Poor Explorers get destroyer around 1:45 in this video

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Just wow!!!
  22. pauley

Cylinder not contributing ..

when i tested the compression on my engine (with a dead cylinder) i had 135psi at 5 cylinders and 115psi at the dead cylinder you may want to check the cylinders next to it just to see what they put out. if all cylinders are at 115 then it will most likely be fine but if the other two are...
  23. pauley

Axles keep breaking

i used chromly axles in my dana 44 with a detroit locker and spicer u joints it took every thing i threw at it and i threw alot of **** at it.
  24. pauley

will this work in my truck

I did a google search for 4r44en which is the number posted in the eBay listing and nothing comes up so I think the n might be a typo.
Back